Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Walk In Shadows Not Working?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 07, 2013
Hi, on my level 10 Swash I noticed that the damage increase from Walk In Shadows works properly on normal mobs. All good there. However, it's not working on bosses (such as Old Scratch and any other boss I've fought). Is this supposed to happen? It doesn't say anything about only working on normal mobs.

Administrator
Is it not doing the damage you intended? Note, bosses have an epic ability that caps the amount of damage they can receive in one hit.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jan 07, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 24, 2016 wrote:
Is it not doing the damage you intended? Note, bosses have an epic ability that caps the amount of damage they can receive in one hit.
Oh okay! That must be why then. Thanks!

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2012
Ahoy!

This is because many bosses have higher armor than mobs. It will still do more damage to the boss, but it may seem like less because of the armor. I would recommend upgrading your Swashbuckler's weapon. Many weapons are accessible at the Skull Island Bazaar.

Petty Officer
Aug 13, 2012
Why Is any of the shadows working on level 65-70 swashbuckling enemies? my companions were hidden but when they attack a swashbuckling enemy the shadow is gone and the enemy makes a first strike. Is it a glitch?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
the doctor on Jul 31, 2016 wrote:
Why Is any of the shadows working on level 65-70 swashbuckling enemies? my companions were hidden but when they attack a swashbuckling enemy the shadow is gone and the enemy makes a first strike. Is it a glitch?
It is not a glitch. If you check the enemy's statistics, I think you will find that they probably have First Strike 3 or one of the other powers/talents that can see when you are hidden. There might also be a cheat in effect since those powers/talents are only supposed to work when you attack the character that has First Strike 3 or one of the other powers/talents.