Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Let's see how long some people have played pirate

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 19, 2013
Who remembers when the Valors armor talent was called Spirit Shield? Who remembers when Mooshu was the max level world? Who remembers when your companions died in combat you could revive them by using a mojo potion or a life fountain? *I actually wish that never changed but sadly it did :(* Just respond if you know any of these things this just a post for fun and to see how long some people have played this game

Salty Jack Dennis
Kane's Nemesis
Level 70 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jackcutless on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
Who remembers when the Valors armor talent was called Spirit Shield? Who remembers when Mooshu was the max level world? Who remembers when your companions died in combat you could revive them by using a mojo potion or a life fountain? *I actually wish that never changed but sadly it did :(* Just respond if you know any of these things this just a post for fun and to see how long some people have played this game

Salty Jack Dennis
Kane's Nemesis
Level 70 Swashbuckler
I do!
Been playing P101 a week before launch. You mentioned life fountain or mojo revival of companions, but do you remember the little ghost icon? ( It even wore an eyepatch! )

Ensign
Apr 07, 2011
Yes I do remember, It was just so awesome when you could revive Companions with a Life Fountain.

But I guess we will just have to think of it as a challenge, Having to Use weaker Companions.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Yeah, I miss the days when you could just go to a life fountain/use a potion. It was so much easier. I have never even used 'The Miracle Shack'/'Miracle Mitch' because it is too darn expansive. I'm not forking over 20000 gold just to revive a companion that I could wait a few hours to heal. Makes no sense. But that's just me.
Noble Noah Kirk

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Well I don't remember when valor's shield was called spirit shield or when Mooshu was the max world because I never actually finished Mooshu while it was but I do remember when companions could be revived with a life fountain. I joined sometime in late 2012 or 2013 and I think Marleybone and Aquila came out not to long after I joined, back then reviving companions was easy but that didn't necessarily mean battles were easier. If I remember correctly back then companion selection for normal battles was completely random, sure for most boss fights you could choose who fought but for every other battle only your firstmate was guaranteed to show up. So I guess I it's a trade off.

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Hi Jack, As my account shows otherwise, I started my first pirate101 character In beta and quested on a buccaneer up to Mooshu where it was left off. There are a bunch of other things i think I'll miss such as the shortening of dungeons and the life fountains, etc. But it is kinda cool to see how far we've gone.

Ensign
Apr 25, 2010
Ive been playing KI games since 2010. Wizard101 was the first game, and now I played pirate when it first came out. I remember all of these things.

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
Oh, I know. I started playing as soon as it came out. I even enlisted to become a beta tester (sadly they didn't pick me). I remember all of that, including the old tutorial, when you had to actually fight a ship instead of passing it. They also didn't have PvP back then, and when they did, it was one arena per building, like the second pvp building right now. Ah, memories...

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I remember when.....

The max level was 50.

The player was silent, except when getting hit.

Hidden Valley Ranch was harrrrrdddd.

El Toro was the must-have companion.

Brawlin Hall was another PvP arena, and I still wish it was, I do not care for ranked.

You ended your free to play run in Jonah Town.

Companions healed at the life fountain.

I've been playing since October 2012, and I play it nonstop to this day. I've seen some changes that I and others do not like, but I've to just cope with them and the best of it.

-Black Wolf Bowman Level 70

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I only remember how you could revive companions the old way, also nice knowing that valors armor was called spirit sheild!

I joined in 2013 with the release of Marleybone and Aquila

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Sure, companion healing was nice. But what do I miss most of all? The old intro sequence that played every time you opened the game- boochbeard battling the armada ships off the coast of Skull Island. Good memories.

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
also, I remember when companions were random for each battle. Only your firstmate would show up all the time, and you could only choose which companions you want in those "epic battles". It was very unfortunate for swashbucklers, because they got all the worst companions, namely Nurse Quinn, The Crab Hermit, and the Weasel Gambler (these are my opinion on the worst swash. companions), and those guys could show up at any time and the battle would be as good as lost.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
Oh, indeed. I have been around since the day of release, the olden days with no transportlers to take you from world to world, or a stagecoach to take you from island to island in Cool Ranch. Nope, none of that, you just had to sail to those places on your own and enjoy the ride!

There wasn't any type of companion task to assign to your crew; all of your companions were there ready to be used no matter what. Things like nautical xp, training points, gold, and gear drops you had to earn all by yourself. There wasn't any of those training gadgets or fancy snacks to give to your pets - as a matter of fact, your pets level up when you level up. While they still fought with you in your battles, they didn't grant you any extra epics or abilities - and you couldn't train them from "secret trainers" either. Either you farm for equipment that do give extra powers, or you're just fresh out of luck. All the stuff you youngsters have now we didn't have back then...

On a more serious note: I also remember - just as if it was yesterday - beating Mooshu for the first time back when it was the top world, I was so proud of myself as I never completed my main questing - or reach max level - in Wizard. Things were simpler at the time - especially with the life fountain (I also remember the ghost symbol with the eye patch - it was a cute little detail). Every time I think about it, I can't help but be amazed by how long a journey it's been since then.

Petty Officer
May 17, 2011
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:
I remember when.....

The max level was 50.

The player was silent, except when getting hit.

Hidden Valley Ranch was harrrrrdddd.

El Toro was the must-have companion.

Brawlin Hall was another PvP arena, and I still wish it was, I do not care for ranked.

You ended your free to play run in Jonah Town.

Companions healed at the life fountain.

I've been playing since October 2012, and I play it nonstop to this day. I've seen some changes that I and others do not like, but I've to just cope with them and the best of it.

-Black Wolf Bowman Level 70
"Hidden Valley Ranch was harrrrrdddd."

Yes, it was WAY too hard. Me and my game partner kept thinking it was over, but then the game is like oops! Did you think that was the last battle? lol nope and I was like OH COME ON! That was also back when my partner was using his buccaneer character, so we didn't have any good healers (I am swashbuckler, so I didn't, and I wasn't about to use Nurse Quinn, that's for sure!). Thank you for fixing it, Kingsisle.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
I've been playing KI games since KI was founded as you can tell from when I created this account, and I've been playing Pirate since launch. I still remember that weekend where they had an open beta a few weeks before launch and they let everyone make a pirate. Man, those were the days.

Lv. 70
Lv. 63
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
darkdoombro345 on Jul 8, 2016 wrote:
Sure, companion healing was nice. But what do I miss most of all? The old intro sequence that played every time you opened the game- boochbeard battling the armada ships off the coast of Skull Island. Good memories.
I remember that too, every time I log into the game I would watch it every time. I wish it was still there.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
I have been around since December 23, 2012. I made my first character, Dark James Ivey, who I still have to this day. I remember when the rat quests didn't take very long. I remember when Cool Ranch was insanely challenging. I remember them releasing advanced companions, henchman, and Marleybone and Aquila. I only maxed about a year ago, mostly because I didn't have much time to do stuff, unlike now where I have 2 maxes and I am working on a third. In my opinion, pirate has gotten better since back then.

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
I've been around since the day after the original Boochbeard pack went off sale. Sigh, missed it by thaaat much.

But I still remember back when the fights weren't always the fixed 4x4 format, but could be 3x4 or 4x5, you never knew. Whenever I needed just one more drop to finish up a collection quest, the fight would always (and I do mean always) be 3x4 with the least favorable companions. Those were the days. I miss them.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Ooh, I do.

I remember......

When Miranda was difficult.

When Stormzilla was so difficult you had to come up with a strategy to deal with it.

When the only thing in Corsair's Channel was Gunn's refuge.

When Blade Storm and Double Tap only triggered upon enemy defeats.

When Mooshu was the end of the adventure.

Unrelated to the actual game but I also remember Chrissy's party for 500 posts. Wow that was a long time ago.

Ensign
Jan 21, 2013
I remember back when your companions had a certain percentage to enter the battle. Those were the days.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I have been playing pirates, long before Rayan's Yum-n-ade stand like around March 2013.It was so much fun back then, although I didn't do much at first. The hardest battle, I have fought was well Chumba Wamba. Back then I only have a and a for a character play. I remember that day, when I only have 2 pirate characters. It was a differnt story opening back then and reviving companions were alot easier. There were crawlies in blood shole cave,have to beat Marcus the cutthoart from the start and no stitching and brazzar back then. Yes pet,level up as the player level up and were small and cute.

3 more were added , # 1 and on fall 2013, and have a main character my frist and prized character Nicole , a very rear class,not much are maxed level female that makes her special. I also remebered how hard and lengthy cool ranch was, not to mention defeating a dozen ships for a main quest.

Did anyone beat stormzilla on the olden days ? Before we got a gaint robot in Moo Shu ? I bet that was the most annoying battle way back then, for those who expirence it. ( I didn't, thankfully )

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
jackcutless on Jul 7, 2016 wrote:

Salty Jack Dennis
Kane's Nemesis
Level 70 Swashbuckler
I've played Pirate101 ever since the first day it went out of Beta and into Live.....and thus my addiction with companions started.......125 companions and counting......

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
I remember the pirate ghost and when mooshu was the max, I have one pirate, petty William zipman, that I have had since I opened my forums account, 2012! Am I the only one who remembers the old days when cool ranch was as hard as a brick and there was no "stagecoach"? This pirate got the badge for defeating Buster crab in black rock cave too!

Petty William zipman - Level 70 - Crab boiler

Ensign
Feb 15, 2013
I started playing Pirate101 in 2013 I think, though I didn't really get that far! Stopped at Jonah town because I couldn't pay Anyways, when I came back last year, my first thought was, "Where did this staircase come from?" Then a little bit later on when one of my companions died in a fight, I came to the life fountain, and tried to revive it. I was like, "Why in the world is this not working?!?! Is it a glitch or something?" Then for the fun of it, I made a new account and when I entered blood shoals, I raged because the adventure stopped there. Got some wierd looks from my little bro!

Jenna Blake 43
Horace 10
Bailey Taylor 4
Dead-Eye Jenna 9

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
I was a W101 guy from way back and I didn't really start playing P101 "heavily" until December of 2015 (and haven't played W101 since!)... so there are a LOT of things I don't remember because they weren't a thing. In a way, I guess not having that frame of reference makes it much easier to accept things as they are now because I never knew anything different. The latest update with the addition of V2 is the only "new content" I've experienced. I have to admit that reviving companions at a fountain sounds good, but to be honest I don't have a problem with the bed-rest thing or Miracle Mitch. (I don't use Mitch because I've always been able to keep myself busy doing other things or switching to a different pirate for a while when a companion is on the mend.)