Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestions for Players- Recruiting New Members

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
So I made a thread to offer up marketing/recruitment suggestions for the KI team...now it's our turn. Please feel free to offer up your own suggestions to either thread & pretty please, keep any posts constructive & Epic, Mega, Super please- be respectful of others posts & opinions. Thank you
So Mew & RB made it known that new recruitments/memberships are crucial to P101 moving forward in a positive direction. They want to provide us more quality in the story & content departments. To reach out to the players really shows the passion they have for developing this story & game. Clearly KI's higher ups can do more to help promote, market to & recruit new members...but that doesn't mean we can't help out.
Clearly more can be done to bring in new players. So, what can we as players do to help recruit new members & why should we? A simple answer to the second part of that-- we love the game & want to see our pirates embark on future adventures, & we want to enjoy the same quality storytelling & gaming content that we have experienced throughout our Spiral journeys.
Here are just a few suggestions that we can do, as players, to help fill the Skyways with new pirates.
1] Spread the word on social media
If you have any form of social media account(s), then sing praises about P101 & let your friends/family know about the game & the adventures that could await. Visit sites like MMORPG & sign-up to provide reviews & support for P101.
2] Start a Pirate101 Fan site!
If you have some extra time on your hands (that's a big "if" for many), then download the P101 fan site kit & submit your fan site to KI. Maybe you could have a hands-on experience with spreading P101 excitement and possibly reel in some new members. What could be more awesome than that? Truthfully, I've thought about doing this myself & if I had just a smidgen more time I would go for it...still might!
3] Register &/or Support existing P101 Blogs/Fan Sites
There are many official P101 fan sites out there & they have a treasure trove of Spiral wealth to share with P101 players. Many hard-working fans/players dedicate a lot of time, passion, heart & effort into maintaining those sites &providing some really cool guides/posts/info/blogs/strategies to the players. Chrissy, Kelsey, Paige, Swordroll, the Duelist crew, the P101 Central, Frostcaller & so many more giving players dedicate themselves to sharing their passion for P101. Go check some out & spread the word!
4] Host P101 related events
With this, I mean more so in a casual sense. Register at sites like Pirate101 Central & post a thread to hold a fun Spiralin' event. Try to spread the word & show your enthusiasm for P101. Also, maybe have a P101 themed birthday party (IRL) to show some of your friends what they are missing. Give out P101 gift cards for birthday presents- might hook a new pirate! Create your own P101 flyers & pass them out to friends, family & neighbors (get parents' permission 1st!)
More to come...

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Well I am working on a fansite at the moment called SpellBinders blog so I look forward to sharing it soon