Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Daily Quests on Low Level Pirates

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I think that most of the feedback given on these Daily Quests has been from players with Level 70 pirates. I have been trying to do the Curious Coins quest today on some low level pirates, because I'm curious how a new player coming into the game - possibly from Wizard101 - would react to these quests.

I have to begin by saying that labeling the "key brackets" as being from Level 1 to 14 is very misleading, in that the activities required to obtain a Key pretty much require the Pirate to be at least Level 10 and having unlocked access to the other skyways of Skull Island. The goal for the Curious Coins is to find Lead Coins "in various locations" of Skull Island, and I have heard on social media that the coins can be located in Shady Hollow. I haven't actually seen any coins, because I was working on a pirate of Level 10 and she had only just taken the quest to visit Flotsam and she has not encountered any Coins, the quest remains incomplete for her. Of course, the Quest Helper is unavailable to assist with finding Coins.

The next "key bracket" is for Pirates Level 15 to 34 in Cool Ranch. I figured I would not try to do this with a Level 15 Pirate, but a Level 33 - so that I would have access to more of the "Various Locations in Cool Ranch." I started searching around Santo Pollo, where my Pirate had his mark. Then I searched Cooper's Root, Bison Village, etc., etc., etc., to no avail. I still haven't found any coins that would be accessible to a Level 33 pirate, much less a Level 15. They may be in Junction, but I've run out of time for the game this morning.

You can see where I am going with this. It may have sounded good in the theoretical atmosphere of development meetings, but in actual practice these are hardly Daily Quests for new pirates. It's easier to fight Striped Bumbaloons -- at least I know where they are.