Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Max Level Scavenging and Pet Wrangling

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I thought I had posted about this earlier, but it must not have been allowed through moderation, or at least I can't find it now.

Why is max level Scavenging returning non-class items for our pirates? At all lower levels, our companions return with random class gear, and the bonus items are No Auction items with powers. At max, we get generic gear, with the occasional bonus of a class-specific piece.

I would also like to see an update to Pet Wrangling, allowing max level companions to return with occasional mega snacks instead of my thousandth Inky Octopus Egg. I'm still morphing pets to try for hybrids, but I don't need any more eggs, thank you very much.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on Jul 26, 2021 wrote:
I thought I had posted about this earlier, but it must not have been allowed through moderation, or at least I can't find it now.

Why is max level Scavenging returning non-class items for our pirates? At all lower levels, our companions return with random class gear, and the bonus items are No Auction items with powers. At max, we get generic gear, with the occasional bonus of a class-specific piece.

I would also like to see an update to Pet Wrangling, allowing max level companions to return with occasional mega snacks instead of my thousandth Inky Octopus Egg. I'm still morphing pets to try for hybrids, but I don't need any more eggs, thank you very much.

I believe the reason for the non-class gear returns at max level is the fact that there are very few power grant items, (of course, I could be wrong about this) also, it was just recently that KI developers added max level gear to the Scavengin' task.
Many pirates are just reaching 70th level for companions set to Pet Wranglin', although I would like to see an occasional mega snack, I don't think that eggs should be removed.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
anecorbie on Jul 28, 2021 wrote:
I believe the reason for the non-class gear returns at max level is the fact that there are very few power grant items, (of course, I could be wrong about this) also, it was just recently that KI developers added max level gear to the Scavengin' task.
Many pirates are just reaching 70th level for companions set to Pet Wranglin', although I would like to see an occasional mega snack, I don't think that eggs should be removed.
Fair enough, but disappointing none the less.

Lots of pirates are max level already, and have full crews of Level 70 companions. Scavenging and Pet Wrangling are pretty much the only Orders we can use, if any at all. For those of us who aren't thrilled with yet another combat-oriented update, Pets are pretty much the only side activity we can ask to enhance.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
Just one more comment about Scavenging at high levels - Level 67 companions are returning with Level 55 and 60 gear. This should be adjusted so that they also return with the level 65 items, should it not?