Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is the Batacuda Companion you get as a Witchdoctor good?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 20, 2021
So, on my witchdoctor, I recently got a new companion from a main quest in the Tradewinds Skyway in Skull Island and upon gathering the items required for that quest, I recruited a Batacuda and I am wondering if he is a good companion to use in PVE or is he not so good for PVE. Right now at the time of me writing this, I only just got the Violet Windstone to enter the next world and my Batacuda companion is at Level 15 and so far, he has not been doing great in PVE battles, but then again, he is low level like myself. But when I have companions that are not very useful to use for PVE, I just send them to go do Pet Wrangling most of the time. Either way, I do not know which companions witchdoctors recruit are great for PVE and which ones are not and I would love to know which ones are good and which ones are bad ahead of time so I don't waste my time using them in PVE, especially when I enter Cool Ranch and we all know how annoying that world can get later on. So far, I have been enjoying the Witchdoctor Class and Carcarius Grimtooth is my first mate followed by Old Scratch and then Kan Po. I gotta say, Grimtooth is by far my most favorite companion since I love hearing him say "boom shakalaka" when I make him target an enemy in PVE and is a great pick me up when I need it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
GaianCommander on Jul 5, 2021 wrote:
So, on my witchdoctor, I recently got a new companion from a main quest in the Tradewinds Skyway in Skull Island and upon gathering the items required for that quest, I recruited a Batacuda and I am wondering if he is a good companion to use in PVE or is he not so good for PVE. Right now at the time of me writing this, I only just got the Violet Windstone to enter the next world and my Batacuda companion is at Level 15 and so far, he has not been doing great in PVE battles, but then again, he is low level like myself. But when I have companions that are not very useful to use for PVE, I just send them to go do Pet Wrangling most of the time. Either way, I do not know which companions witchdoctors recruit are great for PVE and which ones are not and I would love to know which ones are good and which ones are bad ahead of time so I don't waste my time using them in PVE, especially when I enter Cool Ranch and we all know how annoying that world can get later on. So far, I have been enjoying the Witchdoctor Class and Carcarius Grimtooth is my first mate followed by Old Scratch and then Kan Po. I gotta say, Grimtooth is by far my most favorite companion since I love hearing him say "boom shakalaka" when I make him target an enemy in PVE and is a great pick me up when I need it.
It's better now since the update; I still don't use mine, very lack luster - use him for tasks. Old Scratch is of more value to you than Carcarious (despite being funny).

Ensign
May 20, 2021
anecorbie on Jul 6, 2021 wrote:
It's better now since the update; I still don't use mine, very lack luster - use him for tasks. Old Scratch is of more value to you than Carcarious (despite being funny).
Well, I knew it was too good to be true with Grimtooth. So far he has been helpful but he won't be for long. Good thing I have my Batacuda companion doing Pet Wrangling.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I don't hate my Batacuda - or any of the creature companions. They have their uses against full melee enemy mobs when the squishables have all been squished and they are still taking and dodging hits. When you play randomized like I do, you learn that everyone can contribute, no matter how differently-abled they are. Don't be in such a hurry, and enjoy some variety.

Just like in real life...