Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Do I Need To be A Certain Class To Get Bonnie Anne To Highlander?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2020
I'm a max level player in the game as a Musketeer and I have Bonnie Anne to a Fox Sniper already. But, along with some of my other companions, I don't have a quest to rank Bonnie Anne up any further to Highlander. Am I restricted to only promoting certain companions based on what division I choose at the beginning of the game?

Bonnie Anne is my favorite character and I really don't want to have to start all over just to get her to Highlander.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
WitchQueenYT on Feb 5, 2021 wrote:
I'm a max level player in the game as a Musketeer and I have Bonnie Anne to a Fox Sniper already. But, along with some of my other companions, I don't have a quest to rank Bonnie Anne up any further to Highlander. Am I restricted to only promoting certain companions based on what division I choose at the beginning of the game?

Bonnie Anne is my favorite character and I really don't want to have to start all over just to get her to Highlander.
How could you have missed getting her quest to promote in Marleybone? You're not restricted in any way in promoting your companions.
Have you done the promotion where you need to talk to Catbeard? Check your companion page (type "u" to bring it up) see if Bonnie Anne has an exclamation mark on her portrait.
If you don't see this, contact Support for help.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
That shouldn't be the case. Any companion you get should be able to train to their max promotion as long as you have the companion. Either your Anne isn't a high enough level, you haven't gotten far enough in the game (although I'm not sure that has any bearing on promotions), or you need to contact support.

Ensign
Feb 04, 2021
Make sure Bonnie Anne is at the correct level as well. She gains the promotion quest at level 57. Companion promotions are dependent upon their level instead of the player's.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2009

Hi! That's a great question. The answer is no. Companion promotions happen when the companion is leveled to a certain level. In the case of Bonnie Anne, her promotion to Fox Highlander appears when she reaches level 57 (or higher, of course). The quest name is "V for Vulpine" and in addition to Bonnie Anne being level 57 will also require you to have Gracie Conrad as a companion. Hope that helps! Of course, leveling a companion requires Training Tomes, which you get from many side quests, from leveling, and can buy for gold from a vendor in any Tavern (it's the pelicans).

Community Leader

Hello! Bonnie Anne's promotion track isn't limited to any choices that you've made throughout the game (apart from choosing to level her up or not). To progress her to Fox Highlander she needs to be Level 57, you need to have access to Marleybone and acquired Gracie Conrad as a companion.

Visit Adventures of the Spiral today for tips and tricks on how to improve your gameplay.
Ensign
May 29, 2020
Thanks for all of the replies! I actually found this out on my own; I didn't get the quest to get her to Highlander until I entered the tavern cellar in Marleybone for the first time. Every other cellar didn't give me the quest, but the first time I entered the Marleybone one, I got the text of Bonnie asking me to talk in the cellar when I was already there.

To answer some questions from before; I already had my Bonnie Anne, and all of my other companions, to max level before asking this. It was also during my time experimenting that I can only promote certain companions up twice. I learned this when I got Gracie to Senior Engineer and was disappointed to see I couldn't get her any higher. I also use Sergeant Sanders a lot and he is the same.

I also did have Catbeard while visiting other taverns in Port Regal and MooShu, but still didn't get her Highlander quest. It was only when I entered the surface Marleybone tavern cellar that I got it.

Thanks for all of the help!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
WitchQueenYT on Feb 10, 2021 wrote:
Thanks for all of the replies! I actually found this out on my own; I didn't get the quest to get her to Highlander until I entered the tavern cellar in Marleybone for the first time. Every other cellar didn't give me the quest, but the first time I entered the Marleybone one, I got the text of Bonnie asking me to talk in the cellar when I was already there.

To answer some questions from before; I already had my Bonnie Anne, and all of my other companions, to max level before asking this. It was also during my time experimenting that I can only promote certain companions up twice. I learned this when I got Gracie to Senior Engineer and was disappointed to see I couldn't get her any higher. I also use Sergeant Sanders a lot and he is the same.

I also did have Catbeard while visiting other taverns in Port Regal and MooShu, but still didn't get her Highlander quest. It was only when I entered the surface Marleybone tavern cellar that I got it.

Thanks for all of the help!
Well, now we can add "try going to the tavern in Marleybone" to our list of advice. Although this seems a serious glitch and should be investigated.
And you're welcome!