Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

opinions wanted: new pirate questions!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 28, 2020
howdy folks, im somewhat new to the whole 101 franchise, and while card dueling was fun and all i wanted to see whats up on the high spiral seas and decided to try out a bit of each pirate class, the problem? I LIKE EM ALL! so i set aside my game for a bit to run down here to the forums and ask a couple of questions.

1: musketeers are supposed to be the ranged go to i am told, but i'm finding that privateer's starting ability along with the foxy lady tends to do the same job but better and aside from a fizzle party the witchdoctor can do this to, so i have to ask, which of the three would be a good idea for a player who wants to sit in the back of the fight while their companions run wild?

2: bucks vs swash, an age old battle im sure, but this needs to be asked, aside from the stealth aspect whats the main difference between the two? i didn't play around with them long but to me it seemed that any difference was built solely on the steal mechanic of the swash.

3. witch doctors are awesome, when the don't fizzle, i spent a majority of my time on skull island wondering if i was cursed by RNGsus with the amount of fizzle i got, i then took a look at a few things and learn that they mostly fight using the spells/abilities, is there a way to get a few before heading off to the troggies or is it just a curse placed on the witchdoctor for being a little to wizard like for the other pirates?

4; i've read something about privateers being the healer of pirate 101, nine times outta ten something like that means no chance of solo play, is that true here? i've got no problems joining groups but at the same time there's something fun about being able to run through areas without the need for a group.

5. final question: group loot, is there a way to trade what you get with your fellow group mates? it seems any group loot i get is usually for the other party member (i've yet to actually get any of my characters through the group loot chests lol)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FakeFateFaker on Oct 18, 2020 wrote:
howdy folks, im somewhat new to the whole 101 franchise, and while card dueling was fun and all i wanted to see whats up on the high spiral seas and decided to try out a bit of each pirate class, the problem? I LIKE EM ALL! so i set aside my game for a bit to run down here to the forums and ask a couple of questions.

1: musketeers are supposed to be the ranged go to i am told, but i'm finding that privateer's starting ability along with the foxy lady tends to do the same job but better and aside from a fizzle party the witchdoctor can do this to, so i have to ask, which of the three would be a good idea for a player who wants to sit in the back of the fight while their companions run wild?

2: bucks vs swash, an age old battle im sure, but this needs to be asked, aside from the stealth aspect whats the main difference between the two? i didn't play around with them long but to me it seemed that any difference was built solely on the steal mechanic of the swash.

3. witch doctors are awesome, when the don't fizzle, i spent a majority of my time on skull island wondering if i was cursed by RNGsus with the amount of fizzle i got, i then took a look at a few things and learn that they mostly fight using the spells/abilities, is there a way to get a few before heading off to the troggies or is it just a curse placed on the witchdoctor for being a little to wizard like for the other pirates?

4; i've read something about privateers being the healer of pirate 101, nine times outta ten something like that means no chance of solo play, is that true here? i've got no problems joining groups but at the same time there's something fun about being able to run through areas without the need for a group.

5. final question: group loot, is there a way to trade what you get with your fellow group mates? it seems any group loot i get is usually for the other party member (i've yet to actually get any of my characters through the group loot chests lol)
Welcome to the message boards, FakeFateFaker! Those are very good questions and I hope my answers will help.
1. The Privateer class is hands down best for those who want to manage the fight and

"let their companions run wild". This class is blessed with buffs to enhance their companions abilities as well as shields and healing.
2. Basically, a Buccaneer is tougher & stronger than a Swashbuckler, which relies on being sneaky and speedy.
Bucks generally have better armor and health.
3. If you have trouble with your talents fizzling, then I suggest that you try boosting your WD's Will stat through training and gear. ( Your Will stat helps all your spells. )

4. Healing isn't all that a Privateer does ( see answer #1 ) I've had no trouble soloing this game as a Privateer.
5. There is no way to trade gear between friends or groups you meet in a team-up. However, everyone gets the same drops.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
FakeFateFaker on Oct 18, 2020 wrote:

The only exception to #5 is that you can trade doubloons. ( The coins from Group Plunder Chests. )