Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My Pirate101 Experience

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 25, 2013
I'd just like to ask, am I correct in being absolutely terrified of Pirate101 getting shut down?

I'm incredibly thankful for all at KingsIsle who have done their best to keep this game alive, first and frontmost being Bat Masterson.

This game means a lot to me, as my first time playing being in a hospital when I was younger at the age of 9 and got my initial diagnosis of leukemia (Chronic lymphocytic leukemia is the specific type if you're curious, as I'd rather avoid conversing about it). Just recently I decided to look at all the accounts I made connected to my mother's email account. Every single time I logged in I'd make a new account. I only got my first membership for it just at the beginning of this month; I played through the free section of the game at least 30 times throughout the first several months. Afterwards for several years I'd play throught the free section again (I didn't even know that Wizard101 and Pirate101 accounts were the same for the longest time!). I loved the game so much, and I can't even answer why I used to get memberships for Wizard101 instead. Even without a membership I just enjoyed practically everything about the game more.

Recently I left remission for the 2nd time and decided I'd turn to Pirate101, finally getting that first membership with my savings from working back when I wasn't hospitalized. After that, I realized how much better the game was than I'd previously thought. Even before that I was overcome with nostalgia when playing the beginning again.

I'm personally dreading when I reach the end of the story, as I'm unsure if I'll ever be able to get that first time experience of playing a world I haven't yet explored.

I've read countless forum posts on here recently, and have obviously learned of the situation with Pirate101. While it is obvious that players who spend money and countless hours and days on Pirate101, I still can't help but feel bad for Bat Masterson who has to deal with it, even though he is probably the main person who listens to us.

Although the entire reason of the this post being started is just me wondering if I should be afraid of Pirate101 being shut down. I plan on buying every companion on one of my characters eventually, but I fear for the future of this game. Even if they were to return us every crown spent on Pirate101 (if that's even possible) so that they could be spent on Wizard101, I would still be severely dissapointed as I don't think it is nearly as worth it.

If you made it to the end, (or at least glossed over this) just know that I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read this.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
So sorry to hear about your health issues, but glad to hear you are back in remission. I'm sure Pirate101 is a great distraction from when you're feeling down.

As a long-time player, I have played through the game on all classes, and have various junior pirates questing throughout the Spiral, so I encourage you to do the same. There are so many ways to use different teams and combo weapons to have a really different battle each time.

I cannot assure you as to the longevity of the game, but I can assure you that if you need help at all, the community will support you. We may be small, but we are feisty!