Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

If you could create a new companion task, what would it be?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
My ideas:

Angling: your companion goes fishing. You either get pet snacks/gear, training tomes, gold, equipment, or a very small chance of a crowns shop pack. I think a lot of players would log on daily for the small chance of getting a pack!

Mapping: your companion looks for pieces of maps that lead to new treasure. After collecting enough pieces you unlock a special one-time boss which drops lots of script. You need to collect new map pieces to fight the boss again.

What ideas do you guys have?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
EMC99 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
My ideas:

Angling: your companion goes fishing. You either get pet snacks/gear, training tomes, gold, equipment, or a very small chance of a crowns shop pack. I think a lot of players would log on daily for the small chance of getting a pack!

Mapping: your companion looks for pieces of maps that lead to new treasure. After collecting enough pieces you unlock a special one-time boss which drops lots of script. You need to collect new map pieces to fight the boss again.

Shoppin'. Your companions bring back reagents for crafting projects ( if we ever get crafting. ) All companions can get more than one rank in Shoppin'.

Personally, I'd rather be the one Angling ( fishing ) W101 has this with the same rewards as you mentioned.

( except the training tomes & packs. )
I love the idea of Mappin'. Great post, EMC99!

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
EMC99 on Apr 24, 2020 wrote:
My ideas:

Simply amazing.

I would have Adventure. It's simple really. The companion goes out, gets gold, a good chance for gear, a very low chance for about 4 crowns upon reaching lvl 60. And maybe some nautical XP as well... I almost forgot, the companion would also get between 400 and 700 XP points under lvl 68 and above lvl 37...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Salvagin', your companion gets 12 hours to bring back ship gear; with a chance for rare gear according by level.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Apr 27, 2020 wrote:
Shoppin'. Your companions bring back reagents for crafting projects ( if we ever get crafting. ) All companions can get more than one rank in Shoppin'.

Personally, I'd rather be the one Angling ( fishing ) W101 has this with the same rewards as you mentioned.

( except the training tomes & packs. )
I love the idea of Mappin'. Great post, EMC99!
I'd rename Shoppin' to Scavengin'. It just sounds a bit more piratical.

Mappin' sounds awesome!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 21, 2020 wrote:

Mappin' sounds awesome!
We already have a scavengin' task. That's how you can get gear. The "shoppin'" was a reference to Ratbeard's comments when we were doing the Oracle's quests. "I won't be doing her grocery shopping!"

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on May 22, 2020 wrote:
We already have a scavengin' task. That's how you can get gear. The "shoppin'" was a reference to Ratbeard's comments when we were doing the Oracle's quests. "I won't be doing her grocery shopping!"
Scroungin' then. I'd forgotten the scavenging/gear thing because I never set my companions doing it. It just seems to me pirates wouldn't be shoppin' when they could be stealin'.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009

Mappin' sounds awesome!
Thanks!

I was thinking of new ways to get script, and mappin' came into my head!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Mappin' sounds awesome!
Or perhaps Huntin' would be better?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 22, 2020 wrote:
Scroungin' then. I'd forgotten the scavenging/gear thing because I never set my companions doing it. It just seems to me pirates wouldn't be shoppin' when they could be stealin'.
Ok, what about this: any companion can get up to 2 ranks in "Quartermaster" ( this was the officer responsible for supplies on a ship ) and call the task Scroungin'.
Stealing was what pirates did at sea, when they came back to port; they spent their ill-gotten gains in taverns ( etc. ) So basically, that's shoppin'.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on May 26, 2020 wrote:
Ok, what about this: any companion can get up to 2 ranks in "Quartermaster" ( this was the officer responsible for supplies on a ship ) and call the task Scroungin'.
Stealing was what pirates did at sea, when they came back to port; they spent their ill-gotten gains in taverns ( etc. ) So basically, that's shoppin'.
Wine, women, and song aren't exactly shopping.... More carousing, but we wouldn't want to set our companions doing that.

I like the idea of having a quartermaster skill.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
Now that the shopping/scavenging/scouring/ is sorted out, I have a great idea: Steering: Your companion would gain gold and nautical experience for steering a passenger ship .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Amazingshot123 on May 28, 2020 wrote:
Now that the shopping/scavenging/scouring/ is sorted out, I have a great idea: Steering: Your companion would gain gold and nautical experience for steering a passenger ship .
We already have tasks for gold ( Plunderin' )and nautical experience ( Sailin' ).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 27, 2020 wrote:
Wine, women, and song aren't exactly shopping.... More carousing, but we wouldn't want to set our companions doing that.

I like the idea of having a quartermaster skill.
Carousin' as a way to lose gold... maybe?