Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Crowns Reward Events

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
W101's been doing the Crowns Rewards Event, where people spend as many crowns they have to obtain rewards, even unique items not seen anywhere else, but, you know, that event should be in P101, too.

Well, it's been a great success there, so I thought that could be brought over here, because we may need to see new unique items in P101, too. So far, we've been having items already seen in W101 in the Crowns Shop, and I think having that event may bring some players here.

What do you think? Would you like to see that in P101 sometime? I'm sure I would like something new to win.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on May 22, 2019 wrote:
W101's been doing the Crowns Rewards Event, where people spend as many crowns they have to obtain rewards, even unique items not seen anywhere else, but, you know, that event should be in P101, too.

Well, it's been a great success there, so I thought that could be brought over here, because we may need to see new unique items in P101, too. So far, we've been having items already seen in W101 in the Crowns Shop, and I think having that event may bring some players here.

What do you think? Would you like to see that in P101 sometime? I'm sure I would like something new to win.
Yeah, but those "special" rewards are extremely high-tier. You have to plunk down a massive amount of crowns to get them. Meanwhile the low-tier rewards are rather disappointing .
It just seems to me as a way for KI to milk their customers of more money.
However, it could be a guaranteed way to get certain items, like: a special companion, 2 player mount or ship.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Trimond297 on May 22, 2019 wrote:

Sure, if there were new items in the Crown Shop to purchase, but without something to spend Crowns on, the event would not be very interesting to me.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on May 23, 2019 wrote:
Yeah, but those "special" rewards are extremely high-tier. You have to plunk down a massive amount of crowns to get them. Meanwhile the low-tier rewards are rather disappointing .
It just seems to me as a way for KI to milk their customers of more money.
However, it could be a guaranteed way to get certain items, like: a special companion, 2 player mount or ship.
They why don't they start small? Like, every 650 crowns you get a Grizzly Beast pack or something like that? I remember how Wizard's first Crowns reward went, and I do NOT want that happening here. Just start small.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Willowydream on May 24, 2019 wrote:
Sure, if there were new items in the Crown Shop to purchase, but without something to spend Crowns on, the event would not be very interesting to me.

I have to agree with Willowydream here.

It won't work in Pirate101, because KI doesn't add Crowns shop items like they do in Wizard101. In Pirate101, we usually receive a reskin mount/pet from Wizard101 once a month. That is clearly not an incentive to spend multiple reward tiers.

Remember there hasn't been:

A new zone to buy since 2016

A new pack to buy since 2016

A new bundle to buy since 2014 (or even pieces of a bundle to purchase individually in Crowns shop).

A side activity that offers Crowns items to progress further

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Oran from Urz on May 26, 2019 wrote:
I have to agree with Willowydream here.

It won't work in Pirate101, because KI doesn't add Crowns shop items like they do in Wizard101. In Pirate101, we usually receive a reskin mount/pet from Wizard101 once a month. That is clearly not an incentive to spend multiple reward tiers.

Remember there hasn't been:

A new zone to buy since 2016

A new pack to buy since 2016

A new bundle to buy since 2014 (or even pieces of a bundle to purchase individually in Crowns shop).

A side activity that offers Crowns items to progress further
Yes. I remember all that.

To be a bit more accurate, it's chapters, not zones, because a chapter normally holds a few or so zones, give or take. It's a little bit different to what we're used to in W101.

Still, yes, we do keep getting reskins, and you're right. Endless repetition is the death of creativity. Anyone remember those words from before? I know I have.

We really need more all-new Crowns Shop items, not reskins nearly every time. Hope we get those very soon.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Trimond297 on May 27, 2019 wrote:
Yes. I remember all that.

To be a bit more accurate, it's chapters, not zones, because a chapter normally holds a few or so zones, give or take. It's a little bit different to what we're used to in W101.

Still, yes, we do keep getting reskins, and you're right. Endless repetition is the death of creativity. Anyone remember those words from before? I know I have.

We really need more all-new Crowns Shop items, not reskins nearly every time. Hope we get those very soon.
I know Pirate101 is paywalled behind chapters, but I am specifically mentioning zones for purchase. For example, while VA2 is a new chapter in an old world, it does feature new zones (as opposed to Wizard101's format of "worlds"). A "zone" is an area you zone into (i.e. causing the loading screen to pop up). With VA2 you are paying for a chapter to see the other side area/zone of the same world.

Without new zones (even in old worlds), I don't see how KI will get players to actually purchase another chapter? Why would someone pay for a chapter to walk around in the same zones they already have access to?