Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to make Valencia Part 2 easier.

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
As you all know Valenica Part 2 presents a clear jump in the levels of combat difficulty. The enemies are much more dangerous and strategy is key to survive. Even now I see many many pirates struggle to solo even a single basic valenican fight. Whilst there are many of us who have adapted to this, others have not. And it is ok they have not. I am not calling to reduce the levels of difficulty. What I am calling for is a chance to give players who find Valencia mentally demanding a way to develop strategy without endless companions on Bed rest.

So my idea is to make a new room in Valencia called the Halls of War. Here players can experience practice battles against some tough Valencian enemies of all classes. Here they can form strategy without companions dying battle after battle and going it Bed rest (companions can be defeated but not go on Bed rest). I know that team play eases combat, but most of the team play comes only against Kane himself. There are far fewer pirates doing other tough Valencian fights. Thus you are on your own in some cases, and you need to know what to do then. Perhaps there can be a halls of war for each world too.

Community Leader
Golden Guardian on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
As you all know Valenica Part 2 presents a clear jump in the levels of combat difficulty. The enemies are much more dangerous and strategy is key to survive. Even now I see many many pirates struggle to solo even a single basic valenican fight. Whilst there are many of us who have adapted to this, others have not. And it is ok they have not. I am not calling to reduce the levels of difficulty. What I am calling for is a chance to give players who find Valencia mentally demanding a way to develop strategy without endless companions on Bed rest.

So my idea is to make a new room in Valencia called the Halls of War. Here players can experience practice battles against some tough Valencian enemies of all classes. Here they can form strategy without companions dying battle after battle and going it Bed rest (companions can be defeated but not go on Bed rest). I know that team play eases combat, but most of the team play comes only against Kane himself. There are far fewer pirates doing other tough Valencian fights. Thus you are on your own in some cases, and you need to know what to do then. Perhaps there can be a halls of war for each world too.
I'd like to expand upon this idea a bit. I'd like to see a sort of sandbox mode for combat. Players would have the ability to buy a housing item in which they could spawn any combination of mobs and bosses. They would not have to deal with companions getting wounded, but these enemies would have no drops. Not only could it be used to practice dueling higher difficulty mobs, it would also allow players to experiment with different combinations of bosses to create difficult pve encounters (Moo Manchu + Nef 5 for example). While this may be difficult to code, I feel it would be an enjoyable endgame activity for players that don't enjoy pvp

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Matthew525011 on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
I'd like to expand upon this idea a bit. I'd like to see a sort of sandbox mode for combat. Players would have the ability to buy a housing item in which they could spawn any combination of mobs and bosses. They would not have to deal with companions getting wounded, but these enemies would have no drops. Not only could it be used to practice dueling higher difficulty mobs, it would also allow players to experiment with different combinations of bosses to create difficult pve encounters (Moo Manchu + Nef 5 for example). While this may be difficult to code, I feel it would be an enjoyable endgame activity for players that don't enjoy pvp
Practice Match in the Smuggler's Arena, anyone?
Sure, there's no payoff but you don't have to worry about crew getting bed rest and you're facing enemy units up to 3-5 levels above you and yours. You could even try soloing or get your guesting buds in there to develop strategies, with nothing to lose.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Matthew525011 on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
Wizard101 has something that is pretty close to this in test right now (monstrology, specifically the monster arena), so this is very possible.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I second that the arena was made for this.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
Wizard101 has something that is pretty close to this in test right now (monstrology, specifically the monster arena), so this is very possible.
Monstrodome, not monster arena.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
I was worried this was another, we need to remove the vicious charges, assassin's strikes, from enemies.

Thank you, sir, I like the idea.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
This is a good idea. The practice room would give nothing--no drops, no XP, no gold, no scrip.

In exchange, you and your companions temporarily have full hit points at the beginning of the battle. Afterward, your hit points for both pirate and companions are put back to what they were before, no better, no worse--win or lose.

This would allow you to try different weapons, different order of powers, different strategies, different companions.