Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New Pirate

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 26, 2014
I'm making a new pirate anyone have a suggestion on a class to make it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
James shadow120 on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
What class/es do you have now?

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
For your very first pirate, I would recommend Privateer, because of his healing ability and long range attacks.

Second would say Buccaneer, because it is really hard to knock him out with his armor and high hit points.

First, Swashbuckler. Being able to hide and then come in with a devastating blow is always useful.

I would save Witchdoctor and Musketeer for later pirates unless you particularly like them.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
James shadow120 on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards!

What is you play style like? Do you like to run up and hit things or hold back and let your crew do the heavy lifting?

If you want to get stuck in, then go with Buccaneer or Swashbuckler. If you'd rather stand back, Witchdoctor and Musketeer are your best bets. If you want the best of both worlds, you can't go wrong with a Privateer.

Is this your very first pirate? If so, then I heartily recommend the privateer. You can explore both play styles and find the one best suited to your personality.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
First Pirate? Buccaneer, by far from experience the easiest class I've ever played as
Want a taste of some magic with heavy damage, without being a witchdoctor? Swashbuckler. They get a magic poison ability, with hides, and can do easily do 1500 with an assassin's strike, I have 4 of them on my max swash, so in theory, about 6000 damage, not counting the bleed.
Want to be ranged, but with accuracy? Go Musketeer, one of my favorites, you can do some serious damage, and get good companions with burst 2, easily making chains to take them down!
Want to be ranged, but not rely on normal attacks? Witchdoctor. all you do is rely on class powers, one of the easiest classes to play as, just don't forget Old Scratch is your best friend here.
Support? Privateer lol

Ensign
Jun 26, 2014
anecorbie on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
What class/es do you have now?
I have max witchdoctor and max musketeer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
James shadow120 on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
I have max witchdoctor and max musketeer
Then I suggest a melee class for a change of pace - swashbuckler or buccaneer, both are powerful and are able to solo the game. Swash does swift bursts of damage and the buck is a tank; great health and armor stats.

Ensign
Jun 26, 2014
anecorbie on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
Then I suggest a melee class for a change of pace - swashbuckler or buccaneer, both are powerful and are able to solo the game. Swash does swift bursts of damage and the buck is a tank; great health and armor stats.
OK and if anyone wants to be friends ill you one my new and max pirates max is named Sarcastic James and new will be Sarcastic Julia