Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

M1 MacBook Air / Pro Incompatibility

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 18, 2013
Hey everyone, this post is mainly directed to the moderators but feel free to put your input and/or add any additional info down below. As many of you have noticed, the M1 models of the Mac have had trouble running pirate101. It is extremely laggy and freezes quite often - making the game almost unplayable. I am making this post after contacting both Kingsisle support and 'codeweavers'. The only response I got was that they are aware of the issue and that there is no estimated time for a fix yet.

And so, I'm wondering if any moderator here has insight on the issue and when it will be fixed as many players are eagerly waiting to play again & continue their memberships. Thank you!

Administrator
Samuel Ashburn on Jul 19, 2021 wrote:
Hey everyone, this post is mainly directed to the moderators but feel free to put your input and/or add any additional info down below. As many of you have noticed, the M1 models of the Mac have had trouble running pirate101. It is extremely laggy and freezes quite often - making the game almost unplayable. I am making this post after contacting both Kingsisle support and 'codeweavers'. The only response I got was that they are aware of the issue and that there is no estimated time for a fix yet.

And so, I'm wondering if any moderator here has insight on the issue and when it will be fixed as many players are eagerly waiting to play again & continue their memberships. Thank you!
Hi giratina92647! Please see this Wizard101 post for steps you can take to resolve any lag or freeze issues: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/halstons-laboratory/macos-users-and-spring-2021-update-login-access-8ad6a42478f3767a0178f4933f0969a4?page=1

Ensign
Aug 09, 2013
Samuel Ashburn on Jul 19, 2021 wrote:

did bat's steps help you or is you pirate101 still running incredibly slow because mine still is? Also i tried to contact code weavers and they are still saying the same thing. i just wanna play pirate on my mac man

Ensign
Jul 11, 2021
Hi @BatMasterson, I also have an M1 macbook and am facing the same issues. The fix you provided unfortunately did not work. Just like the giratina92647 said, pirate101 is pretty much unplayable due to the lag. My computer is well above the minimum requirements for pirate101. Will there be a fix for M1 chip mac's soon?

Computer : M1 Macbook Pro 2020
OSX : Big Sur

Thank you!