Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dragon King's Patch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 05, 2008
So, me and a friend were just playing some P101 today, and then out of nowhere we just somehow have the Dragon King's Patch at level 40 in our inventory. We are only level 11 and just hit Flotsam on these particular pirates. We have not purchased anything from the crowns shop on these pirates, and his pirate is the only pirate we have. The item just sorta appeared out of nowhere. Anyone have any idea why?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SilverwingPegasus on May 8, 2021 wrote:
So, me and a friend were just playing some P101 today, and then out of nowhere we just somehow have the Dragon King's Patch at level 40 in our inventory. We are only level 11 and just hit Flotsam on these particular pirates. We have not purchased anything from the crowns shop on these pirates, and his pirate is the only pirate we have. The item just sorta appeared out of nowhere. Anyone have any idea why?
It's a rare drop that can show any time. I have received this patch on several lower level pirates as a drop. Keep it, it's very useful as there are very few eye patches in this game.

Ensign
Sep 05, 2008
anecorbie on May 10, 2021 wrote:
It's a rare drop that can show any time. I have received this patch on several lower level pirates as a drop. Keep it, it's very useful as there are very few eye patches in this game.
Really? Even while fighting alongside Mustang Sally in Flotsam at the Flop House? Because that's where we discovered we had it. Also it's kind of insane for the both of us to have gotten such a rare drop at the same exact time if that's the case.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
SilverwingPegasus on May 11, 2021 wrote:
Really? Even while fighting alongside Mustang Sally in Flotsam at the Flop House? Because that's where we discovered we had it. Also it's kind of insane for the both of us to have gotten such a rare drop at the same exact time if that's the case.
It's from a Group Plunder chest - a bonus that you both get for questing together. Solo pirates have zero chance of getting such a piece of loot.

Enjoy!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SilverwingPegasus on May 11, 2021 wrote:
Unlike W101, where the drops are random and players don't get the same things as the other players in the team-up; P101 players get chests which give everyone in the team-up the same thing. It's not "insane", it's fair.
I will say that receiving a level 40 drop in earlier content is somewhat odd ( I've received this drop in an even earlier instance) , but it's a fantastic find, so I wouldn't complain.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on May 12, 2021 wrote:
It's from a Group Plunder chest - a bonus that you both get for questing together. Solo pirates have zero chance of getting such a piece of loot.

Enjoy!

I got mine without the group chest, obviously there are a few ways to get it! Maybe even Scavengin'?

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
anecorbie on May 13, 2021 wrote:
I got mine without the group chest, obviously there are a few ways to get it! Maybe even Scavengin'?
No - Scavenging does not reward accessories, only Hats, Outfits and Boots.

I suspect that you are possibly misremembering where you obtained yours. The ONLY times I have seen these as rewards over the years has been Group Plunder Chests. It can, of course, be purchased from the Crown Shop.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on May 14, 2021 wrote:
No - Scavenging does not reward accessories, only Hats, Outfits and Boots.

I suspect that you are possibly misremembering where you obtained yours. The ONLY times I have seen these as rewards over the years has been Group Plunder Chests. It can, of course, be purchased from the Crown Shop.

Well, you're right about accessories, but I'm not misremembering about the Dragon Patch,. I'm about 98% a solo player and I've received that Dragon Patch as a simple drop, plus I've received (rare) carded gear through Scavengin' many times.