Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bizarre glitch in the Zhayu fight

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 02, 2009
Here is a weird glitch I'm experiencing right now: During the Zhayu boss fight in the Zhayu Keeper's sidequest in Mooshu (which is a regular sidequest), Instead of my companion in the third slot appearing, (for me Lieutenant) Emmett appears. There is no reason for this to happen in the context of the quest. This doesn't happen in other fights, like fights against things you find wandering places. Those work fine. It's just this ONE boss fight where this is an issue. Also, a few other things if they are helpful: If Emmett is in your 2nd (or probably 1st, I didn't try that out) slot, your third companion will appear, but for me that's that would mean not using who I regularly use for my third companion slot. Also, if Emmett is doing a task, that doesn't matter. He'll appear anyways. I haven't tested it with him having being knocked out and healing.
Oh, and the reason why this is an issue? For me, that companion is level 15. That doesn't work in Mooshu.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fairygirl330 on Apr 8, 2021 wrote:
Here is a weird glitch I'm experiencing right now: During the Zhayu boss fight in the Zhayu Keeper's sidequest in Mooshu (which is a regular sidequest), Instead of my companion in the third slot appearing, (for me Lieutenant) Emmett appears. There is no reason for this to happen in the context of the quest. This doesn't happen in other fights, like fights against things you find wandering places. Those work fine. It's just this ONE boss fight where this is an issue. Also, a few other things if they are helpful: If Emmett is in your 2nd (or probably 1st, I didn't try that out) slot, your third companion will appear, but for me that's that would mean not using who I regularly use for my third companion slot. Also, if Emmett is doing a task, that doesn't matter. He'll appear anyways. I haven't tested it with him having being knocked out and healing.
Oh, and the reason why this is an issue? For me, that companion is level 15. That doesn't work in Mooshu.
Welcome to the message boards, fairygirl330! What is your current selection order? First Mate, Random or In Order? Perhaps you have accidentally set your selection for "In Order"? Therefore if Emmett is in 3rd place, he'll appear?
And may I suggest that you level him up and do his second promotion (assuming you have done his first as he's level 15). He's quite good and useful to a privateer.

Ensign
Nov 02, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 9, 2021 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, fairygirl330! What is your current selection order? First Mate, Random or In Order? Perhaps you have accidentally set your selection for "In Order"? Therefore if Emmett is in 3rd place, he'll appear?
And may I suggest that you level him up and do his second promotion (assuming you have done his first as he's level 15). He's quite good and useful to a privateer.
Thanks for the welcome! My companion order is in order, but Iam 100% sure that Emmett is on my second page of companions, so he shouldn't be appearing. As for leveling him up, that would cost a lot of gold and I don't feel like wasting a bunch of gold because of a glitch. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I do have a question for you, (or anyone else viewing this thread) though. Have you done this quest? If so, did this happen to you? If you haven't done this quest, I suggest you do it. It won't take long to get to this stage of the quest, and the dialog so far in this quest I've found rather funny.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
fairygirl330 on Apr 9, 2021 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome! My companion order is in order, but Iam 100% sure that Emmett is on my second page of companions, so he shouldn't be appearing. As for leveling him up, that would cost a lot of gold and I don't feel like wasting a bunch of gold because of a glitch. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I do have a question for you, (or anyone else viewing this thread) though. Have you done this quest? If so, did this happen to you? If you haven't done this quest, I suggest you do it. It won't take long to get to this stage of the quest, and the dialog so far in this quest I've found rather funny.
I have done this quest many, many times and what you describe has never happened to me with any companion.
It is a very funny one, I love the dialogue between the 2 monks.
"Best not to over meditate" lol!