Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate101 Punishments

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 13, 2018
Does anyone feel as if a mute for 10 years is a little too much? I get the whole mute concept is a really smart idea but a mute for 10 years seems like a lot. Even a year is too much but it would be more reasonable. If any administrators sees this will you guys think about this? You’re basically taking away 10 years from a player who spends a lot of time on the game and basically forcing them to quit. It’s hard to say anything even with menu chat so people are confused half of the time. Its also hard to make friends since you can’t type and many people don’t add people with the menu chat icon. Please think about this.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I have no idea what exactly leads to a 10 year muting, but if somebody has been given a 10 year muting, they probably deserve it.
My pirates all have open chat, I can see whatever any other player is saying in public chat. I've seen many public chats that definitely cross a line, not just in a kids game, but in any sort of game. Most of those comments I've seen have come from players who seem to do nothing in game besides standing around in the commons area, trying to be trolls.

If a player's only goal in the game is to harass others, be a nuisance, or troll, then they deserve whatever punishment KI hands them.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Muskaneer on Mar 3, 2021 wrote:
Does anyone feel as if a mute for 10 years is a little too much? I get the whole mute concept is a really smart idea but a mute for 10 years seems like a lot. Even a year is too much but it would be more reasonable. If any administrators sees this will you guys think about this? You’re basically taking away 10 years from a player who spends a lot of time on the game and basically forcing them to quit. It’s hard to say anything even with menu chat so people are confused half of the time. Its also hard to make friends since you can’t type and many people don’t add people with the menu chat icon. Please think about this.
Welcome to the message boards! I feel that a 10 year mute may be called for in certain situations: like asking for personal information or really nasty language.
As for "forcing" them to quit; it's in KI hands to ban an account, even a permanent ban. Muting is a lesser punishment. However, if someone gets a 10 year mute, they can take this to KI for arbitration, and ask to be reinstated. (I had a friend who received a ban and eventually asked KI to allow him back.)