Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Add more secret trainers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
As someone who is just getting back into the game, I love the fact the people over at KI have hidden a trio of secret trainers in Devilfish Hollow which can train some epics per class.(in fact, their existence is what allows me to build a gimmicky / hybrid)

However, I feel that the trainers there are still a bit lacking. They all train the standard Relentless/Mojo Echo/Burst Fire and Overwatch/Parting Shot/Coward's Bane, but that's about all they're useful for.

I would love to see more class trainers that appear later on in the game that can train things, but occasionally cost more than one training point.

For example, maybe have a Privateer one in Cooper's Roost that will train midgame abilities like Battle Zeal for other classes, but at a higher cost(say 2 training points instead of the usual one)
That's just an example of course, I think having one or two every world for one or two classes would be pretty cool.

If nothing else, it will help to make every Pirate's build more unique, because now you have more things to allocate your training points on(and as I mentioned earlier, I'm currently trying to make a hybrid build just for the fun of it)

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I think the secret trainers are fine as they are, and I love hybrid pirates.

We don't need more secret trainers for talents. What I believe we need more is crafting and gems, like wizard101 has. I'd like pets to have one more talent upon reaching level 80, and at level 90 have a gem slot (like wizard101 does).

I think the secret trainers currently covers all the classes, so if higher level talents or new talents need to be added at higher levels that could be done.

Don't really want to make the pirates much stronger than they are now, cause when you do that you the game becomes too easy. You have to dumb down all the dungeons and gameplay to allow non-uber built pirates to be able to go it alone, and the built up pirates become too OP compared to everything they come across. For this reason, I like things to be topped off (like the pets, four talents on both pages, and a gem slot to make up for a talent one really wanted on their pet).

The more things are topped off, the easier it is to keep the classes balanced, and the easier it is to come out with new worlds without constantly having to hike up everyone's power, which then destroys a lot of the game cause the higher level players are still going to be playing the lower level areas helping others. Not to mention that its nice that a level 60 pirate stands a chance to win against a level 80 pirate in PvP. Minor improvements are good as one continues to level, but larger improvements unbalances things and the game boring (much like wizard101 where people are playing mass feint cards and have large multi attack cards they can cast first turn which is very boring).