Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Boochbeard Bundle agreement broken?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Before you all yell at me for dare mentioning this bundle, let me explain.

KI agreed that NO part of the Boochbeard Bundle would ever return. And yet they broke that promise very quickly.

KI brought back the Pirate Parrot as a temporary mount. I wouldn't be as annoyed if they brought it back as a one time thing, to give some players a way to get a part of the Boochbeard Bundle in case they missed out.

But no, it consistently appears in both Holiday gift boxes (October and Yuletide), and has for quite sometime.

People argue that it's temporary so it doesn't count, but bringing it back is bringing it back. Temporary or not, KI broke their agreement of never returning the items.

So I don't understand what KI is doing, but it doesn't make sense. If they made the agreement, they should go two ways.

Either all of the Boochbeard Bundle is retired, or they bring it all back. Because now they're just being hypocritical and breaking their promise. You do one or the other, nothing in between.

Also, in case you think this is just some person trying to complain his way into getting a Boochbeard Bundle, I have one.

It's either they keep their integrity or bring it all back.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
chiliman05 on Apr 13, 2020 wrote:
Before you all yell at me for dare mentioning this bundle, let me explain.

KI agreed that NO part of the Boochbeard Bundle would ever return. And yet they broke that promise very quickly.

KI brought back the Pirate Parrot as a temporary mount. I wouldn't be as annoyed if they brought it back as a one time thing, to give some players a way to get a part of the Boochbeard Bundle in case they missed out.

But no, it consistently appears in both Holiday gift boxes (October and Yuletide), and has for quite sometime.

People argue that it's temporary so it doesn't count, but bringing it back is bringing it back. Temporary or not, KI broke their agreement of never returning the items.

So I don't understand what KI is doing, but it doesn't make sense. If they made the agreement, they should go two ways.

Either all of the Boochbeard Bundle is retired, or they bring it all back. Because now they're just being hypocritical and breaking their promise. You do one or the other, nothing in between.

Also, in case you think this is just some person trying to complain his way into getting a Boochbeard Bundle, I have one.

It's either they keep their integrity or bring it all back.
Yes, yes, I know chiliman05; but you do want that bundle released for others, ( and maybe your other pirates? ), as you have posted before.

That KI has released the Pirate Parrot as a temporary mount and is only available during the birthday/yuletide celebrations in no way abrogates KI promise - the complete bundle is retired. The parrot isn't even available as a rental in the crown shop. No one will be able to obtain the Volcano House, pet, gear or companion ( although a re-skin is available ).
I see this not as hypocracy, but as an act of generosity by KI.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2020 wrote:
Yes, yes, I know chiliman05; but you do want that bundle released for others, ( and maybe your other pirates? ), as you have posted before.

That KI has released the Pirate Parrot as a temporary mount and is only available during the birthday/yuletide celebrations in no way abrogates KI promise - the complete bundle is retired. The parrot isn't even available as a rental in the crown shop. No one will be able to obtain the Volcano House, pet, gear or companion ( although a re-skin is available ).
But it doesn't make sense in my opinion to release some and not all of it. I understand that it is temporary, but re-releasing any of it is still breaking the agreement. And it does say in the bundle agreement that all of the items are retired, if I may quote...

"It's your first chance at exclusive in-game items that are only available for a limited time before being retired forever"

At this point, I just want KI to be somewhere consistent. If you say you don't re-release something, you don't. If you're going to re-release part of it, you might as well bring the whole thing back. Or just re-release none of it, I don't really care. My point is they should either stick to their word or bring the whole thing back, not somewhere in between.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2011
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2020 wrote:

I'd love to see the Bundle brought back at this point. The "specialness" just makes me feel sad now.

It might even motivate them to fix some glaring issues - like the Cat Pirate needing another promotion (in my opinion), and it'd be nice to be able to breed my Skarakeet for one with better epics (it's very upsetting that I have to replace mine to get a "better" pet)

Let's bring it back, and let other people enjoy the fun!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Orebit on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:
I'd love to see the Bundle brought back at this point. The "specialness" just makes me feel sad now.

It might even motivate them to fix some glaring issues - like the Cat Pirate needing another promotion (in my opinion), and it'd be nice to be able to breed my Skarakeet for one with better epics (it's very upsetting that I have to replace mine to get a "better" pet)

Sorry, I absolutely disagree that KI should bring this bundle back. The complete bundle was PERMANENTLY retired.
I would by far rather see a new bundle ( at a lesser price point ) than the BB. ( Almost $90? Who at this time would spend so much on a game that hasn't been updated in 4 years and which many of the players believes is going to be canceled? )
Players seem to forget that this bundle included a year membership or 60,000 crowns as well as the house, gear, companion and pet. ( The pet, I believe can't be morphed as a skarakeet. but I may be wrong about that... )
I don't have this bundle, but I would still be disappointed if KI does re-issue it.

Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
Orebit on Apr 25, 2020 wrote:

Indeedy!