Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Falmea Friday - New Years Traditions

AuthorMessage
Cheers to a new year, Pirate Friends. Let's chat about the future, shall we?

Every year we begin with asking for feedback, and we shall not break with tradition this year. So, my question is - if you could add to or change something about the Spiral this year, what would it be? Would it be some sort of quality of life addition like Quest Finder? New bosses to fight in Skeleton Keys? Improving something that already exists? We want to know!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Community Leader
These are going to be PvP focused, so I apologize in advance
  • PvP Spectating and Leaderboards
  • Fixes to the current ranking system to allow for more legitimate champs (as discussed by message board user piratepikmin)
  • New, intriguing, but not game-breaking (cough Doom Mojo cough) powers (either from gear or as the result of a level cap update)
  • More communication with players in regards to what is and isn't balanced. We'd love to give feedback as to how the game could best be balanced since we're the ones actually playing on a frequent basis

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Ensign
Jul 11, 2012
Professor Falmea on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:

Every year we begin with asking for feedback, and we shall not break with tradition this year. So, my question is - if you could add to or change something about the Spiral this year, what would it be? Would it be some sort of quality of life addition like Quest Finder? New bosses to fight in Skeleton Keys? Improving something that already exists? We want to know!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I would love to see new story content added. It had been awhile since we defeated the armada, or so we think, as we were left on a cliff hanger. Would love to see where the skyways lead us to next

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012

Please no more quality of life additions. This is all we have gotten over the last three years.

New skeleton key bosses would be nice, but I would like 2019 be the year that the Pirate101 players are given the #1 thing requested since 2016.....a storyline update/new world.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015

I agree, the thing we probably all want is another significant story-line update (or, at the very least, a definitive "this is what we are working on, here is a sneak peek" and maybe a date drop).

Personally, I would like some more skills to play around with, some promotions of key companions, the Spirits of Yuletide to be fixed, and maybe a few new Houses to play around with.

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
A new world, and let's do it before Blind Mew decides to cut the second arc short to one book long.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
You asked this last year and nothing has changed since then. If you're actually reading our posts then you could answer that question just as easily.

There is only ONE QoL that I'm interested in and I've been waiting 6 years for it's debut - Crafting.
Also, Gardening & Fishing. These activities would do much to keep us playing after that story line update with new level cap occurs. IF we are getting a story line update. Are we?

No more farming dungeons, please! Unless you care to add skeleton key bosses for lower levels, who might need or like to have them.
It would be nice if P101 got some NEW packs & bundles

P.S. What pleasure I would have had in reading a New Year's Post from you confirming a story update! ( Or even showing us a hint to one! )

Ensign
May 08, 2011
We most definitely need an update. That's the only thing that I really care about getting at the moment.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
News!! Please give us actual news about something new. That is what I would change with the New Year.

More Story, please -- we've been through this before, and we have been asking for this for a long time, again.

Crafting has been hoped for, fishing has been hinted at -- but what we really, truly want is to find out exactly what is being planned for Pirate101.

Quality of life should alternate with new questing adventures for Pirates, the same as it does for Wizards.

Ensign
Sep 29, 2013
More story we've been asking for it for a long time

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Ranged witch hunter is inconsistent in triggering, every now and then I don't get a double tap after the first critical, privateers are hitting through elusive consistently when they only have 100 accuracy vs swashbucklers 5 times in a row, and we're still dealing with the fort glitch in 4v4s. Forget about updating the game. We need to remove bugs and chance based factors from the game before adding new ones. Too many updates was why I quit wiz. I wanted to continue to support you guys so I moved over to pirate, but now it seems to to be having some of the same problems.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2013
Matthew525011 on Jan 11, 2019 wrote:
These are going to be PvP focused, so I apologize in advance
  • PvP Spectating and Leaderboards
  • Fixes to the current ranking system to allow for more legitimate champs (as discussed by message board user piratepikmin)
  • New, intriguing, but not game-breaking (cough Doom Mojo cough) powers (either from gear or as the result of a level cap update)
  • More communication with players in regards to what is and isn't balanced. We'd love to give feedback as to how the game could best be balanced since we're the ones actually playing on a frequent basis
Your idea is the least drastic, but if they were to fix bugs and rng and then come out with a few new mounts now and then and completely leave the game alone after that, that would be the best case scenario for all of us.

Petty Officer
Mar 08, 2017
kane as an obsidian boss and a skeletal pirate companion

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
We need a proper update. Polaris has been overdue for years and everyone wants to see for themselves. We understand resources are limited, but seeing as though Wizard101 already has Polaris as a world, couldn't a lot of those assets be used in Pirate101? Even Walruskberg can be reused. The last time we had a new world was 2013! We can't keep coming back if there's no incentive. -Spoilers- We know that at the end of arc 1 Kane is defeated and there's no purpose for the armada to go to El Dorado, but all that really means is that we are less involved with them and more with the world we are actually in. Perhaps we can meet Ericka the red in Polaris to get her piece of the map while also running into Queen and get both of her pieces. After that we can go to Darkmoor and get our mother's piece. The game should eventually take us to El Dorado, and even after we can have small optional worlds. We get that Pirate isn't as big as Wizards, but the fan base can't be ignored either. Seeing the game actually update will encourage people in memberships.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Anonymous Ducky on Jan 12, 2019 wrote:
Your idea is the least drastic, but if they were to fix bugs and rng and then come out with a few new mounts now and then and completely leave the game alone after that, that would be the best case scenario for all of us.
Sorry, this game has been getting bug fixes, I'm fine with the current pace of those fixes ( Hydra's finally fixed! )
"Forget about updating the game" ?!
Do you have any idea what would happen if KI followed that advice? There would be no game!

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
jamual heath on Jan 12, 2019 wrote:
We need a proper update. Polaris has been overdue for years and everyone wants to see for themselves. We understand resources are limited, but seeing as though Wizard101 already has Polaris as a world, couldn't a lot of those assets be used in Pirate101? Even Walruskberg can be reused. The last time we had a new world was 2013! We can't keep coming back if there's no incentive. -Spoilers- We know that at the end of arc 1 Kane is defeated and there's no purpose for the armada to go to El Dorado, but all that really means is that we are less involved with them and more with the world we are actually in. Perhaps we can meet Ericka the red in Polaris to get her piece of the map while also running into Queen and get both of her pieces. After that we can go to Darkmoor and get our mother's piece. The game should eventually take us to El Dorado, and even after we can have small optional worlds. We get that Pirate isn't as big as Wizards, but the fan base can't be ignored either. Seeing the game actually update will encourage people in memberships.
Yes, that's my wish, too! Polaris is likely, but others will do. Enough with Skeleton Keys, we need this game to unlock it's potential in the first place!

Community Leader
Anonymous Ducky on Jan 12, 2019 wrote:
I agree that bugs need fixed, but I still think the developers should continue to add significant updates to the game. The only reason I didn't mention story directly in my post was because I knew that that would already be beaten to death in this thread. I wanted to highlight some other desires of mine instead.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 14, 2019 wrote:
https://www.pirate101.com/forum/circus-maximus/cocoaloon-retopic-8ad6a4266198bbcf01619be0d7b406f1

All I want is for my Cocoaloon idea to be implemented.
What about a Hot Air Buffaloon?

Administrator
PiratePablo1 on Jan 12, 2019 wrote:
I agree, the thing we probably all want is another significant story-line update (or, at the very least, a definitive "this is what we are working on, here is a sneak peek" and maybe a date drop).

Personally, I would like some more skills to play around with, some promotions of key companions, the Spirits of Yuletide to be fixed, and maybe a few new Houses to play around with.

Thanks PiratePablo1 for the feedback! What was broken with the Spirits of Yuletide?

Community Leader
Oh so many things.
1. New worlds of course.

2. I'd love a photography studio in Skull Island, where a Captain can enter, pick up to 10 or 20 members of their crew, and have a portrait taken, with varying backgrounds (like the main locations from each world). -- purchased with gold for members, or crowns for non-members. (I've been hoping for something like this for a long time).

3. I would love to name my mounts. High Ho Silver!

4. The ability to win a ship after a battle and add it to your fleet.
For instance, if you board a ship and win the battle, you should be able to claim that ship as your own. Maybe not every ship battle, but special ship battles.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I could say new worlds, more story etc, but I think that should be obvious by now.

Instead the two things I would love to see are increased housing and better communication.

I love the variety of houses that Wiz has to offer, and the abundance of housing decorations. I would love to see more player housing in pirates. The few we have are nice, but I would really like to see world themed housing. Yea, the class houses come close to world theme, but not quite since they are class houses.

Who wouldn't want a nice Marleybonean terraced house, or Velencian manor, or a Cool Ranch homestead?

The second part, is just for KI to communicate more openly with the pirate101 community. Stop being so mysterious, let us know what's happening with our favourite game.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Besides a story update, please consider including the worlds of Grizzleheim & Krokotopia. These worlds are part of creating a pirate and it would be too bad ( imo ) if we didn't visit them. ( Since we have already visited the other 3 worlds. )

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011

Well, I do have thoughts in my mind. Here they are.

1. We should have a label when going against the boss mobs, on land and on the skyways. The reason why is because we can't tell from normal mobs to boss mobs, besides their higher stats. I would really like to see that made into a QoL update.

2. Now that we can find Skeleton Keys all over the available worlds, like you said before, we need a new option that lets us know where mobs drop Skeleton Keys, like how W101 did months ago. I would like to see that in a QoL update.

3. Sooner or later, we may need more Mojo Potions. I'm thinking that may happen later on. I would like to see more quests that reward Mojo Potions someday.

4. This really needs to be done. There should be more class trainer quests that reward more new Powers, though they stopped at Level 25. Kinda disappointing. We should keep having more new powers from our class trainers if we're going to endure more tougher battles. Please add more, starting with Level 35 and onwards.

5. We need to see the enemy ships' health amounts while we engage them in nautical combat. This small request should be added in a QoL update. Please do that.

6. MooShu should have some more new themes on their Zones, since most are using W101's themes. I already know from my perspective, because it kinda takes vitality away if it uses past music from the other MMO, though I already knew it was to save time at the moment being before P101's launch. Please do that someday.

7.It may take a while, but I would like to see new boss combat themes from across the Spiral's worlds, on land, and on the Skyways, most common, some different, & select ones, unique, even end-of-arc villains, you know, the Big Bads. Please add that in a QoL update later on.

8. More new houses. We really need them. It's been long since we've had one. Please make more!

More thoughts to come later.

Hope we get to see those in soon, Professor Falmea. P101 needs the attention it can get, & more!