Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Uga Buga Love

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 23, 2017
Hey, so my man uga buga. The mormo copy, has some trash powers. Can we get a buff for this man. Show the love for my 6k crowns wasted.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Witchdoctor companions other than Old Scratch aren't really known for being tricked out with great powers. Uga Buga gets more than most.

What exactly are you looking for?

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Willowydream on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
Witchdoctor companions other than Old Scratch aren't really known for being tricked out with great powers. Uga Buga gets more than most.

What exactly are you looking for?

the only two witch comps that are even remotely used, unironically, are scratch (for obvious reasons, don't need to point out), and Mormo (he has a storm)

So, yeah, he should get a storm at most (ALL witch comps should get a storm.)

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
witchdoctor of awe... on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:
the only two witch comps that are even remotely used, unironically, are scratch (for obvious reasons, don't need to point out), and Mormo (he has a storm)

You forgot Carcarius Grimtooth! He's quite common to see, too.

Not all of them should have a Storm. I think Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah would be better for it, but it would just not work for, say, Nurse Quinn, and we don't need Old Scratch to be stronger than he already is.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
witchdoctor of awe... on Dec 16, 2018 wrote:

Witchdoctor companions are woefully under-represented, I agree. There are only 17 of them in the game altogether, so is it any wonder that most pirates don't know what to do with them?

If they did receive more useful powers, would that change?

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Lookit Light on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:
You forgot Carcarius Grimtooth! He's quite common to see, too.

Not all of them should have a Storm. I think Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah would be better for it, but it would just not work for, say, Nurse Quinn, and we don't need Old Scratch to be stronger than he already is.
Nurse Quinn is a melee fighter, idk why they lassified her as a witchdoctor.

I have never used carc ever. Max witchdoctor here, embrace isnt worth taking him in over, Kan or Lefty, simply. Scratch is the exception, whoever gets the broken mojo buff (which should be LOCKED to a witch only comp, aka carc) doesn't get the storm.

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Welcome to the Uga Buga club
Population: About 6

I do feel like it’s time for these crown shop counterparts to get the same powers as their main quest versions. It’s been so long since the Bad Company companions have been buffed I wonder how many people unknowingly bought the Crown Shop versions thinking they had all the same powers.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Friendly Jesse Pew on Dec 18, 2018 wrote:

I do feel like it’s time for these crown shop counterparts to get the same powers as their main quest versions. It’s been so long since the Bad Company companions have been buffed I wonder how many people unknowingly bought the Crown Shop versions thinking they had all the same powers.
I don't have Uga Buga myself, but I do have Malik. I'm not sure he's weaker than Milo, but I can still see how you feel.
I've seen people complain about Exter. Isn't this along the same lines?

Ensign
Dec 23, 2017

Yeah, i fell for that. I was farming blood with some friends and one was a witch using mormo. I thought of uga buga and guessed that he'd be a good investment to help out the team. I guessed wrong. He should at least have storm.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2017
Willowydream on Dec 17, 2018 wrote:
Witchdoctor companions are woefully under-represented, I agree. There are only 17 of them in the game altogether, so is it any wonder that most pirates don't know what to do with them?

If they did receive more useful powers, would that change?

I feel that if witch comps got an all around addition in their powers there would be diverse and useful teams for different situations like pvp or farming.

Having that buff would also make them more respected and sought-after comps that people would actually spend money to get. Comps that can turn the tide in battle, or heal the team after a terra cotta rush in moo tower. They would actually be used, rather than slapped on sailing right away.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015

Precisely what I did...

Now, I still adore my Uga Buga. I take him for walks. I feed him Dark Magic Smoothies (his favorite -- what else do you think he makes in his hat?). And his movement speed buff can be nice if you want to goof around in the PVP Hall. Still, I think it would be nice if he got a bit of a buff. I got him expecting a Storm and a Blade. I was kinda disappointed.

We still love you Uga Buga...