Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How To Solve The Skeleton Key Problem

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I thought of an interesting solution to solving the problem of people not getting enough Skeleton Keys. What if a new set is added to the Crown Shop called the Obsidian Set and this set grants a Drowned Zombie companion (in a non-boss form to differ from Bosun Budd), and 4 Obsidian Skeleton Keys (enough to run each Obsidian boss 1 time). This set could be a 1 time purchase for 1,500 Crowns. What do you think of this idea?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 18, 2018 wrote:
I thought of an interesting solution to solving the problem of people not getting enough Skeleton Keys. What if a new set is added to the Crown Shop called the Obsidian Set and this set grants a Drowned Zombie companion (in a non-boss form to differ from Bosun Budd), and 4 Obsidian Skeleton Keys (enough to run each Obsidian boss 1 time). This set could be a 1 time purchase for 1,500 Crowns. What do you think of this idea?
I didn't know there was a problem, seems to me getting a skeleton key is fairly easy. We don't need to spend crowns to get them.
Now a pack with companion recruitment, new gear and a chance at keys is another matter...

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
They aren't gonna sell a comp for 1500 crowns lol

Ensign
Feb 23, 2013
Now that we are on the subject, why is it that the bosses are only giving us lvl 25 gear? Why do the Brass Monkey or something (not including Scratch or Blood) if we aren't getting the gear we deserve?

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Rose2708 on Sep 19, 2018 wrote:
Now that we are on the subject, why is it that the bosses are only giving us lvl 25 gear? Why do the Brass Monkey or something (not including Scratch or Blood) if we aren't getting the gear we deserve?
I believe they addressed this in last night's patch. At least, I'm not receiving level 25 gear any more (just level 55).

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Oran from Urz on Sep 19, 2018 wrote:
I believe they addressed this in last night's patch. At least, I'm not receiving level 25 gear any more (just level 55).
Obsidian Captain Blood still seems to have his minions dropping Level 25 gear, perhaps the other bosses don't anymore. Also, I got a Quackosaurus from Obsidian Captain Blood, maybe they implemented my 15 pet drops idea.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
Obsidian Captain Blood still seems to have his minions dropping Level 25 gear, perhaps the other bosses don't anymore. Also, I got a Quackosaurus from Obsidian Captain Blood, maybe they implemented my 15 pet drops idea.
Or maybe, because these dungeons are in Skull Island, the Quackosaurus was already on the loot table. Bosses in Skull Island can drop the Quackosaurus.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Maybe if your crew is scavenging, they might find the occasional skeleton key. That would be a nice way to have some show up. Do they already? I don't assign that task often, so I don't know. Might be worth a test. If they don't, maybe KI could add it. With all the other things the crew can bring you, I don't think it would make there be too many keys available.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Calamity Finch on Sep 20, 2018 wrote:
Maybe if your crew is scavenging, they might find the occasional skeleton key. That would be a nice way to have some show up. Do they already? I don't assign that task often, so I don't know. Might be worth a test. If they don't, maybe KI could add it. With all the other things the crew can bring you, I don't think it would make there be too many keys available.
Scavenging only returns main gear pieces - hats, outfits or boots. The skeleton key being a housing item means that it would not normally be on the Scavenging list.