Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I Plan On Opening Packs 08/25/2018

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
During my stream earlier tonight 1 of my followers was nice enough to donate 30 packs. That means Die No my Privateer has 44 packs to open, counting the 14 he had already. I am planning to open all 44 packs during my scheduled stream on Saturday 08/25/2018. Hopefully I get a companion, or 2 :)!

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 18, 2018 wrote:
During my stream earlier tonight 1 of my followers was nice enough to donate 30 packs. That means Die No my Privateer has 44 packs to open, counting the 14 he had already. I am planning to open all 44 packs during my scheduled stream on Saturday 08/25/2018. Hopefully I get a companion, or 2 :)!

Two-Faced Aurora "A Roar A" Clegg - Level 70 Musketeer who does not make a roaring noise.

Two-Faced Dino "Die No" Clegg - Level 70 Privateer who can and does die from time to time.

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
Good Luck! ( BTW, what kind of packs are they? )

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 18, 2018 wrote:
Good Luck! ( BTW, what kind of packs are they? )
Thanks, and the packs are an assortment of Ashes Of The Armada, Grizzly Beast, and Tribal Crew. I hope that by having an assortment I have better odds at getting any companion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Could you report if you here if you got lucky? ( as you know, I can't get Twitch. )

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
Stupid question.

Why do we want more companions? Are the ones in the pack much better than the ones the game gives us naturally?

I remember when the beast master pack came out back in the day, I spent A LOT of crowns trying to get the beast master companion. After getting him, I wasn't especially impressed with him and definitely not work the amount of money I spent trying to get him. Maybe I trained him wrong, but honestly just wondering

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
In Search of Yum on Aug 21, 2018 wrote:
Stupid question.

Why do we want more companions? Are the ones in the pack much better than the ones the game gives us naturally?

I remember when the beast master pack came out back in the day, I spent A LOT of crowns trying to get the beast master companion. After getting him, I wasn't especially impressed with him and definitely not work the amount of money I spent trying to get him. Maybe I trained him wrong, but honestly just wondering
I wholeheartedly agree, although I tried several times at the Ashes of the Armada Pack just because the Armada Companions "looked cool". However, in Die No's case, he wants a Dino Companion, because... Well... Get it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Stupid question.

We want more companions because unique companions add variety to battles, & having extra companions which are good that can be used when our regular companions go on "bed rest" is a plus. Also extra companions can be used in tasking, making this game less of a grind.
Actually many of these pack companions are very good and of the Beast Master pack, Baar is considered the best. I love my Itzen Kaan & Doomclaw from the Tribal pack, as well as Khord from the Beast Master pack.
Which companion did you get?

Community Leader
Stupid question.

Tribal Crew Pack- Four of the five companions are strict downgrades to another companion already in game, as they have 1-2 fewer powers (Buccaneer Doomhorn < Subodai, Peter Quint; Privateer Itzen Kaan < Wing Chun, Swashbuckler Raptor < Kobe Yojimbo, Witchdoctor Calaca < Mormo). The only comp worth going for in that list is the musketeer. It's a great pick as an anti-musket unit, since it gets multiple ranks of quick draw, true grit, and burst fire. It also has an extra copy of Big Guns.

Beastmaster Pack- Atohr (bucc), Yohr (swash), Laarn (privy), and Khord (witch) are all pretty mediocre now. In the past, they used to get more epics than the standard companion, but as of 2015, they get the same or fewer. They have no relevant powers, such as a guaranteed critical, for pve or pvp. They do each have an interesting passive ability that tends to make them a good deal more durable, but their durability is somewhat pointless, as their offensive output isn't amazing. Ghor and Baar are great however. Ghor increases the range of all your units by 2, which makes farming more efficient, and is a pain to deal with in pvp, so much so that many competitive circles ban Ghor (7 range Bonnie and Chantal are super-powerful). Baar has 5 good powers for pve and pvp, tide 3, and 7 epic choices. He's easily a top 10 companion.

Ashes of the Armada- All the companions look incredibly cool, have good to great damage output, strong epic talent choices, and have strong and unique powers found only on weapons. The Marine lacks relentless, which makes him a bit worse than the other 3, but he has 3 guaranteed attacks and relevant defensive epics.

That's a review of the companions from the packs. Some people collect them just for the fun of it. So no, they're not that much better than everything else, but they're still very powerful and collectable.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Aug 18, 2018 wrote:

rrrrzzzz on Twitch!
Well I did Part 01 of the pack opening at the scheduled time. However I didn't have enough space to open the all in 1 stream so I am planning to do Part 02 Friday 08/31/2018, 1 day before I am scheduled to rumble with Anecorbie, and 1 day after I hope to react to Ki Live minutes after it ends.

My hopes for Thursday 08/30/2018 is to host Ki Live on my personal rrrrzzzz Twitch channel, then within minutes of it ending doing a live reaction stream talking about the update preview and playing 2 games (Pirate 101 and the city building game I play).