Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Raise Your Spirits?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This month's newsletter presents three ghostly spirits in different colors. What are these spirits? Are they new Holiday Companions or pack companions? If so, then many players will be happy as one of these spirits is a Cat Pirate!
Also, Leah Rubin ( Professor Falmea ) has said that there will be "fun and festive things to see and do" this Yuletide season. I think she means something more than opening presents.

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
I also took note of this. I'm glad somebody brought it up! I hope these spirits are Companions. I always longed for the Cat Pirate to return

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Angel Angle The Li... on Dec 4, 2017 wrote:
I also took note of this. I'm glad somebody brought it up! I hope these spirits are Companions. I always longed for the Cat Pirate to return
Ah, but this is a "Ghostly Cat Pirate" - it's not The Cat Pirate It may even get different epics, who knows?

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I saw the ghosts and kinda thought of Monstrology. Maybe it's a new instance reusing the Swashbuckler house we will be going to.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 5, 2017 wrote:
I saw the ghosts and kinda thought of Monstrology. Maybe it's a new instance reusing the Swashbuckler house we will be going to.
That's a good guess, mate! Monstrology would be a fun thing to do! But what if they're shown in an actual Rake's Lagoon house because they're companions or ( maybe ) house guests?

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
anecorbie on Dec 4, 2017 wrote:
Ah, but this is a "Ghostly Cat Pirate" - it's not The Cat Pirate It may even get different epics, who knows?
True, true, i forgot to be specific. What i meant to say is that it may be an alternative to the Cat Pirate!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Dec 5, 2017 wrote:
Not another reuse! Please Ki, don't do another reuse before making something else. You have reused too much already.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 5, 2017 wrote:
Not another reuse! Please Ki, don't do another reuse before making something else. You have reused too much already.
What has KI reused from W101 here? We have NO crafting, gardening, or fishing. NO holiday packs, not even a TRUE daily assignment. ( and don't get me started on the lack of bundles. )
You were asking for another "spar chamber" that's a reuse of pvp, you ask for more pets, well, W101 has more pets ( that's a reuse ), you seem to have no problems with that. But when someone suggest that, just maybe this new thing being shown might be content inspired by W101, then you get upset!
As far as I'm concerned, KI hasn't "reused" enough in this game ( things that would actually be fun to do and make players stay and play more )!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I think we'll find out what these spirits are tomorrow, when the 12 Days of the Spiral ( 13? ) returns

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 5, 2017 wrote:
Ain't that the truth.

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
anecorbie on Dec 3, 2017 wrote:
This month's newsletter presents three ghostly spirits in different colors. What are these spirits? Are they new Holiday Companions or pack companions? If so, then many players will be happy as one of these spirits is a Cat Pirate!
Also, Leah Rubin ( Professor Falmea ) has said that there will be "fun and festive things to see and do" this Yuletide season. I think she means something more than opening presents.
The Winds of Change are coming this way this Yuletide Season, can not wait fer more!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

- Deadeye Edward Morgan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
YARRR The "Raise Your Spirits" from this month's newsletter are revealed as a companion pack! And while 7,995 Crowns appears to be expensive, this actually breaks down to 2,665 per companion, which makes these companions much more affordable than buying them one by one from the Crown Shop ( they may have been more expensive that way ).
Thank You, KingsIsle!
( Now I must buy some crowns to get this wonderful pack! )

Lieutenant
Oct 18, 2014
ARRR, HAR HAR! At last, the reveal, and it doesn't disappoint! These new Companions are going STRAIGHT onto me crew! Yar, it's been long overdue to get a new Yuletide companion, and at last, it's revealed that it's a Mouse Swashbuckler, Dog Sergeant and Cat Pirate, some of my favourite ingame enemies! Let's hope this lot be good at piratin'!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Yea! They are a set of companions! And me flat out of crowns, arrrgh! Of wait - they have a crown sale going...

-Indigo

Admiral
May 30, 2010
I am delighted to see that your suggestion that they might be new companions is not only correct, but that we get to buy all three.

As a person with the original cat pirate, I'm glad that everyone gets a similar cat. That pirate is a joy to see in play, and I'm not only happy to add one to my other accounts, but that he's so very similar that the longing of others to have one should be fulfilled while KI still holds true to their promise not to re-release the pirate.

I suspect KI is going to get an influx of crowns from this pack. I know they are getting a bunch from me!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Rogan just bought a set, so they came in at level 70. They do not seem to be promoteable. You are able to assign them skills, like a normal new companion. With the Spirit of Giving (squeak) and the Spirit of Returning (meow!) you can assign some new feats to the ones they start with; however, with the poor Spirit of Receiving (arf!) you cannot assign any additional feats, making him much weaker than his fellow spirits-in-arms. I hope this is a glitch and I have reported it on the bilge pump.

I really like these new companions.

-Indigo

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
All melee companions -- now all we need is a Witchdoctor Yuletide Companion to make our crew complete. Spirit of Sharing? Share a little of yer health with me, bucko?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
All melee companions -- now all we need is a Witchdoctor Yuletide Companion to make our crew complete. Spirit of Sharing? Share a little of yer health with me, bucko?

Good suggestion! Let's have a Spirit of Sharing ( witchdoctor watermole with Jobu's Kiss? ) & a Spirit of Caring ( musketeer monkey crossbowman with an agility buff? )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
These companions have a nice array of powers & talents. They won't shake down PVP play, there will be no complaints that they're "OP".
The Mouse is a Privateer and comes with Rouse. The Dog is a Buccaneer and the Swashbuckler Cat, unfortunately, comes with Repel Boarders, just like Sarah Steele. I took them into the Vandolo instance and had a grand time fighting the Unicorn Guards.
I believe these companions are well worth the crowns.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I also received 3 training points for my companions.