Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Failed to Redeem Item

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
Ever since I can remember it has always said failed to redeem item when trying to redeem a gift. Every once in a while I'll get lucky and will actually be able to redeem the gift however it's kind of annoying not being able to at all times. Is there a way around this? Also can you please fix this? It has been going on for a while now and it's just really inconvenient at times.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
frostednutella on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
Ever since I can remember it has always said failed to redeem item when trying to redeem a gift. Every once in a while I'll get lucky and will actually be able to redeem the gift however it's kind of annoying not being able to at all times. Is there a way around this? Also can you please fix this? It has been going on for a while now and it's just really inconvenient at times.
Have you tried to log off to the character screen, log back on and then claim the item? I often "fail to redeem" if I just check on my pets or companions or move to another area.
You should redeem before you do anything at all, it seems.

Lieutenant
Jan 30, 2013
I believe One-Eyed Jack said to exit into " Pirate Selection" then re-enter your character, and immediately (Before clicking on anything else) redeem what you want to. This has worked for me in the past.
Hope this helps!

Misty, 70
Zoe,36

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
frostednutella on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
Go to character select screen, then immediately redeem your item as soon as your character gets in game. It will work then.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
You can only redeem an item as soon as you log on into a character and not move out of the area you first load in is the only way to get around this issue. For some reason when you move into another area the items cannot be redeemed maybe because the items aren't loaded properly.

Until KI fixes this (which should have been by now considering how long ago the issue was found), all you can do is log on and redeem right away.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
Thanks for the help guys it worked. KI really needs to fix this.