Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The zafarian five

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
Earlier today I was thinking of making a super overpowered witchdoctor companion and thinking we needed another group of companions, so i combined them into the zafarian five. They all get 9 epics upon
recrutiment with no starting epics

The lion buck is a ranged buccaneer and a musket counter with true grit return fire quick draw overwatch and burst fire along with a very large five range and a power that grants quick draw to all ally muskets and himself.
The zebra musket doesnt get any epics, he gets powers. He has his pick from any existing musket powers and has 4 range
The buckler jackal is a utility unit and has hold the line, riposte, repel boarders, first strike, and cheap shot with a knockback power
The privy lioness is an amazing damage unit with riposte relentless bladestorm second chance and flanking along with elusive and the damage of a buckler

the witch elephant, this is where it goes overpowered. Able to get rank 3 of any witchdoctor epic including both mojo rising and improved mojo blast, along with scratches spell power buffs and a terrorcotta warrior summon. Sounds overpowered? it should.

Fairwell pirates!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kingme655 on Oct 15, 2017 wrote:
Earlier today I was thinking of making a super overpowered witchdoctor companion and thinking we needed another group of companions, so i combined them into the zafarian five. They all get 9 epics upon
recrutiment with no starting epics

The lion buck is a ranged buccaneer and a musket counter with true grit return fire quick draw overwatch and burst fire along with a very large five range and a power that grants quick draw to all ally muskets and himself.
The zebra musket doesnt get any epics, he gets powers. He has his pick from any existing musket powers and has 4 range
The buckler jackal is a utility unit and has hold the line, riposte, repel boarders, first strike, and cheap shot with a knockback power
The privy lioness is an amazing damage unit with riposte relentless bladestorm second chance and flanking along with elusive and the damage of a buckler

the witch elephant, this is where it goes overpowered. Able to get rank 3 of any witchdoctor epic including both mojo rising and improved mojo blast, along with scratches spell power buffs and a terrorcotta warrior summon. Sounds overpowered? it should.

Fairwell pirates!
These are all creative, but you've given the wrong class powers to the Buckler - I would NOT want a SB companion with Hold the Line, Repel Boarders & Cheap Shot ( The last 2 are especially annoying when Fog is used. )
And the Buccaneer's combo weapons would never activate properly; it doesn't for players so why should it apply to companions? Bucks depend on Strength as their main stat, not Agility ( a 5 range is also too much. )
I'm sorry if this seems that I'm dumping on your idea, but I sincerely would like to see you re-think these companions and apply what the game has shown you what epics and powers the different classes train.
I will just say this: I would LOVE to go to Zafaria and recruit Zafarian crew members!

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
I really like the idea of having some sort of Zafaria theme in the game. I would actually really enjoy it if they added Zafaria as one of the pirate worlds. Zafaria was one of the best themes in wizard and it would incredibly awesome if it were added to pirate. I also think it'd bring some wiz players over who are curious about this wiz-like world.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 25, 2015
anecorbie on Oct 16, 2017 wrote:
These are all creative, but you've given the wrong class powers to the Buckler - I would NOT want a SB companion with Hold the Line, Repel Boarders & Cheap Shot ( The last 2 are especially annoying when Fog is used. )
And the Buccaneer's combo weapons would never activate properly; it doesn't for players so why should it apply to companions? Bucks depend on Strength as their main stat, not Agility ( a 5 range is also too much. )
I'm sorry if this seems that I'm dumping on your idea, but I sincerely would like to see you re-think these companions and apply what the game has shown you what epics and powers the different classes train.
I will just say this: I would LOVE to go to Zafaria and recruit Zafarian crew members!
That's actuality the point of these companions, this buckler is meant to be more of a supportive buckler with low damage and lots of ratbeard like utility, and I did him like this because i love combinations of repel 3 for the reduce accuracy and riposte, and this buck is made to be to musket companions like privy companions are to buck companions, the lowest stat of musket is the highest of the buck and the highest of the musket is the middle of the buck, though you could be correct on the 5 range being to much, how about for instead? These companions are meant to be unusual as I expect many people would want some unusual companions like a will based buckler which is basically the privy lioness. Let me know of any more questions or concerns.