Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Beastmaster Banner and the Yule Trogg

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Hello everyone! So I bought the Yule Trogg companion during the recent Christmas in July event for his looks, because I like how he's using a candy cane spear and a mint shield to attack and defend. That's great and all, but I found one glitch with him. The Beastmaster Banner doesn't seem to work on the Yule Trogg, even though the Pirate101 Wiki clearly states that the Yule Trogg is a beast companion. Can anyone clarify if this is a glitch with the Yule Trogg companion itself or maybe the Yule Trogg isn't a beast at all? I know for a fact that the Beastmaster Banner works on the Holiday Treant companion, I tested it. The banner seemed to work for the Christmas Holiday Treant companion, but not the Yule Trogg. Is this a glitch or intentional?
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 16 Musketeer-in-Training)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
Hello everyone! So I bought the Yule Trogg companion during the recent Christmas in July event for his looks, because I like how he's using a candy cane spear and a mint shield to attack and defend. That's great and all, but I found one glitch with him. The Beastmaster Banner doesn't seem to work on the Yule Trogg, even though the Pirate101 Wiki clearly states that the Yule Trogg is a beast companion. Can anyone clarify if this is a glitch with the Yule Trogg companion itself or maybe the Yule Trogg isn't a beast at all? I know for a fact that the Beastmaster Banner works on the Holiday Treant companion, I tested it. The banner seemed to work for the Christmas Holiday Treant companion, but not the Yule Trogg. Is this a glitch or intentional?
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 16 Musketeer-in-Training)
When the Beast Banners came out, Ratbeard answered a question as to who ( or what ) is considered a beast.
In a nutshell it boils down to this:
1. Do they stand upright?
2. Are they wearing clothes?
If answers are "no" for either of those questions - then they're a Beast. The designation from the Wiki is obviously wrong on the part of the Yule Trogg.
Also any summons like the Aquilan summons are beasts ( unless they're undead ).
And pets even the mini-minotaur are Beasts.

Ensign
Jan 06, 2015
I could be wrong but this seems to be a glitch. The Holiday Treant is the same type as the Yule Trogg, meaning if it works on one it should work on the other.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Smokki on Aug 2, 2017 wrote:
I could be wrong but this seems to be a glitch. The Holiday Treant is the same type as the Yule Trogg, meaning if it works on one it should work on the other.
The Yule Trogg is just like Eep Op Ork Ah Ah from the Crown Shop, he is a non-beast companion; so the Yule Trogg isn't a beast companion either.
Face it, sometimes the Wiki is wrong and it's not a glitch.
Holiday Treant is a beast companion as it doesn't wear clothes.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
anecorbie on Aug 1, 2017 wrote:
When the Beast Banners came out, Ratbeard answered a question as to who ( or what ) is considered a beast.
In a nutshell it boils down to this:
1. Do they stand upright?
2. Are they wearing clothes?
If answers are "no" for either of those questions - then they're a Beast. The designation from the Wiki is obviously wrong on the part of the Yule Trogg.
Also any summons like the Aquilan summons are beasts ( unless they're undead ).
And pets even the mini-minotaur are Beasts.
No, I think the Wiki is correct on the part of the Yule Trogg. I believe it to be a glitch with the Yule Trogg companion and the Beastmaster's Banner not working on it. In a nutshell, a beast is basically anything that is a creature, but can't talk, right? The Yule Trogg is obviously a beast because while it is standing upright, it's not wearing any clothes. I'm still very confused as to why the Beastmaster's Banner works on the Holiday Treant but not the Yule Trogg. Can someone from Kingsisle plz clarify if the Yule Trogg is actually considered a beast or if the Beastmaster's Banner is glitched? After all, the Yule Trogg is a creature and cannot talk or say real words, he just makes troggy noises and the tree just makes branch rustling noises. The Treant and the Yule Trogg are one and the same companion, so I believe it's a glitch. Someone from Kingsisle should look into it and clarify if I am correct or not about the Beastmaster's Banner being glitched.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
crimsonreaper5 on Aug 3, 2017 wrote:
No, I think the Wiki is correct on the part of the Yule Trogg. I believe it to be a glitch with the Yule Trogg companion and the Beastmaster's Banner not working on it. In a nutshell, a beast is basically anything that is a creature, but can't talk, right? The Yule Trogg is obviously a beast because while it is standing upright, it's not wearing any clothes. I'm still very confused as to why the Beastmaster's Banner works on the Holiday Treant but not the Yule Trogg. Can someone from Kingsisle plz clarify if the Yule Trogg is actually considered a beast or if the Beastmaster's Banner is glitched? After all, the Yule Trogg is a creature and cannot talk or say real words, he just makes troggy noises and the tree just makes branch rustling noises. The Treant and the Yule Trogg are one and the same companion, so I believe it's a glitch. Someone from Kingsisle should look into it and clarify if I am correct or not about the Beastmaster's Banner being glitched.
He is wearing clothes, it's a small loin cloth.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Thank you.

I have corrected the wiki page.