Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Manticore pet

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
I am kinda disappointed in the Manticore pet.
I was very excited to get one, but then I did and once I got him to level 20, and then 40, I was disappointed to find out he doesn't get any more basic attacks.
By the time a pet is level 60, a pet has a total of 4 different basic attacks (one every 20 levels starting with level 20). However, despite the Manticore having other basic attacks, they aren't animated. He just stares at his opponent and they suddenly take damage.
This may just be a bug (if so, sorry about putting this in The Shipyards) and its animations are missing, or the Manticore doesn't have any other animations.
I really am hoping this is only a bug, I would hate for a pet to be without variation in its attacks .

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gamerman129 on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
I am kinda disappointed in the Manticore pet.
I was very excited to get one, but then I did and once I got him to level 20, and then 40, I was disappointed to find out he doesn't get any more basic attacks.
By the time a pet is level 60, a pet has a total of 4 different basic attacks (one every 20 levels starting with level 20). However, despite the Manticore having other basic attacks, they aren't animated. He just stares at his opponent and they suddenly take damage.
This may just be a bug (if so, sorry about putting this in The Shipyards) and its animations are missing, or the Manticore doesn't have any other animations.
I really am hoping this is only a bug, I would hate for a pet to be without variation in its attacks .
Please report anything you suspect is a bug in the Bilge Pump.
It maybe that the Manticore is part of a hybrid, so start looking.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Please report anything you suspect is a bug in the Bilge Pump.
It maybe that the Manticore is part of a hybrid, so start looking.
Ya probably should have put it there, better to be safe then sorry.
But what does the Manticore being part of a hybrid have to do with anything I had said?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
gamerman129 on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
Ya probably should have put it there, better to be safe then sorry.
But what does the Manticore being part of a hybrid have to do with anything I had said?
I noticed that you seemed disappointed that this pet was lacking anything special - I hoped to intrigue you with a challenge.

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2017 wrote:
I noticed that you seemed disappointed that this pet was lacking anything special - I hoped to intrigue you with a challenge.
Oh . No I was talking about the fact that its missing attack animations. (Although, being the only pet missing animations does make it special )

Community Leader
I think what the OP is stating is that the manticore lacks combat animations. Kind of like how Contessa's blocked attacks used to not show an animation, pets that suffer from this glitch walk up to their target, wait a second, then deal or don't deal damage. In addition, the pet will not properly despawn when it dies. I've seen a variety of pets suffer from this glitch, and aesthetically it's quite annoying. I hope to see it fixed in the update that's *definitely* coming this year and won't be postponed. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight?

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
Matthew525011 on Jun 21, 2017 wrote:
I think what the OP is stating is that the manticore lacks combat animations. Kind of like how Contessa's blocked attacks used to not show an animation, pets that suffer from this glitch walk up to their target, wait a second, then deal or don't deal damage. In addition, the pet will not properly despawn when it dies. I've seen a variety of pets suffer from this glitch, and aesthetically it's quite annoying. I hope to see it fixed in the update that's *definitely* coming this year and won't be postponed. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight?
Perfect sum up of my post thank you for that Matthew. Although I haven't really seen the issue with too many other pets, what pets did you experience something similar?