Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who here has the Lucky Blauble?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Doing a bit of a poll here for people who have the lucky blauble. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's an Ultra rare eyepatch from the Ashes of Armada pack that grants Steely Gaze. Very few people seem to have it. I spent 60,000 crowns on the pack during a sale a while ago and didn't get a single one.
So for anyone here who does have it I am wondering two things.

1. What level were you when you got the eyepatch?
2. Roughly how long ago did you obtain it?

Thanks to anyone who can help with this

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Friendly Jesse Pew on May 13, 2017 wrote:
Doing a bit of a poll here for people who have the lucky blauble. For those of you who don't know what it is, it's an Ultra rare eyepatch from the Ashes of Armada pack that grants Steely Gaze. Very few people seem to have it. I spent 60,000 crowns on the pack during a sale a while ago and didn't get a single one.

Well, I have opened several Ashes of the Armada Packs in hopes of getting the Companions, but I haven't gotten either the Companions or the patches, so I'm afraid I can't post a "Yes" on your awesome poll. Oh well, guess I have to vote no.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler,
A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

(El Toro: Isn't it some kind of bad thing in the Spiral to post no on a poll?
Gracie: No!
El Toro: Like that? )

Community Leader
I spent about 100k on the pack, most of it during Pack-A-Palooza. (Somewhere between 500-600 packs). Within those packs I obtained 3-4 lucky blaubles. All of the packs were opened on my max swashbuckler. Got all the blaubles during the Pack-A-Palooza.

Writer, Editor, Administrator, and Pirate PvP guy at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I bought quite a few packs on two different accounts and got ever weapon in it many times over, yet never got a Blauble. If I hadn't seen screenshots, I might not believe it exists.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
heyo robert here, i got it like my first or 2nd pack at lvl 70

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
I got mine during the most recent pack a palooza. I wasn't even aiming to get it since I was having so much luck with companions at that time I just kept going, ended up getting two lucky baubles by the time I was done.

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Friendly Jesse Pew on May 13, 2017 wrote:

Ahoy there, Jesse! Your favorite max level Swashbuckler, Stormy Elijah Silver. I have the Lucky Blauble. The Steely Gaze card is basically a "Hold the Line" ability that lasts for 3 turns with range and that it has no limit to the number of enemies frozen. I found Steely Gaze to be very useful on Moo Manchu's Terra Cotta floor and Moo Manchu floor, since it freezes the Terra Cotta warriors in their tracks and renders them unable to charge at you turn 1. I suppose I will answer your questions now.

1. I got the packs on my level 70 Swashbuckler, Stormy Elijah Silver. As such, I was level 70 when I got the Lucky Blauble.

2. How long ago did I get the Lucky Blauble? I know the exact date. I got it on April 5, 2017, which is the day I turned 20. How lucky is it for me to get a rare item like that on my birthday lol. However, I did not get it myself. I will give credit to my friend "Avery's Court Grace" (Max Privateer who always has a Horse Mask on) whom I have known since day 1 of Pirate101's release who was really nice and gifted me like 15 Armada Packs for my 20th birthday. Grace is the reason I found out about Steely Gaze, she had it long before I did. Ironic, how when she gifted me I got the Blauble too, so now we both have it. April 5 was the day I got Lucky Blauble and even more ironically enough, the Blauble had to be in the 5th pack I redeemed from Grace. Hope this helps, my Blauble is very precious to me since it as given to me by Grace, a dear friend of mine.

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver(Max Swashbuckler) <---------------- (Elijah is the pirate I got the Lucky Blauble on, not sure if it will help with the poll, but I thought you'd like to know which one of my maxes I got the Lucky Blauble on)
Corrupt Zane Silver(Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp(Max Witchdoctor)

Lieutenant
Sep 04, 2013
Hey guys, thought I'd post a little update on this poll.
The purpose of the poll was to seek some info for a conspiracy theory I had that you couldn't get the pack at level 70, resulting in its rarity in game since most long time players who like spending money on packs are max level. Based on the answers, and some info from people I met with the item, this isn't the case. I guess it's just a lot rarer then the usual "Ultra Rare" items. Maybe its as rare as a companion but they didn't want to mark it that way because people would be angry with getting an "Epic" rated item that's not a companion.
Regardless, earlier I spent another $25 (about 13000 crowns) on the pack during this half off sale. I ended up with another 2 Armada companions, completing the set on my Swashbuckler, then opening the rest on my Witchdoctor. Still no Lucky Blauble, but the companion to crown ratio was my best in my long history of opening packs. So for the record I am now at 4 Armada companions, 0 Blauble. Not sure what to make of it, guess I'll just have to give up on my quest for the Lucky Blauble for now, maybe someday

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Friendly Jesse Pew on May 27, 2017 wrote:
Hey guys, thought I'd post a little update on this poll.
The purpose of the poll was to seek some info for a conspiracy theory I had that you couldn't get the pack at level 70, resulting in its rarity in game since most long time players who like spending money on packs are max level. Based on the answers, and some info from people I met with the item, this isn't the case. I guess it's just a lot rarer then the usual "Ultra Rare" items. Maybe its as rare as a companion but they didn't want to mark it that way because people would be angry with getting an "Epic" rated item that's not a companion.
Regardless, earlier I spent another $25 (about 13000 crowns) on the pack during this half off sale. I ended up with another 2 Armada companions, completing the set on my Swashbuckler, then opening the rest on my Witchdoctor. Still no Lucky Blauble, but the companion to crown ratio was my best in my long history of opening packs. So for the record I am now at 4 Armada companions, 0 Blauble. Not sure what to make of it, guess I'll just have to give up on my quest for the Lucky Blauble for now, maybe someday
Friendly Jesse Pew, that is one item ( among many. many items ) in a pack - that's why it's hard to get. And there are 4 companions in this pack so the companions outnumber the Lucky Blauble 4 to 1.
Then add in the many weapons ( are there 7 or 8? ) so you have the weapons outnumbering companions.
AND then add in all the furnishings - and you can see why those most desirable items are rare to ultra rare.
I'm not trying to discourage you, just showing you some basic statistics as to why this one item is difficult to get.
But, hey, you just may get lucky!
Good Luck!