Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

List of all female companions across the classes.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 26, 2012
I am looking to create a list of all obtainable female companions and looking for help in doing so. So, which classes have which companions and who are the universals?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Wolf Fire Bane on May 3, 2017 wrote:
I am looking to create a list of all obtainable female companions and looking for help in doing so. So, which classes have which companions and who are the universals?
Universals by main quest or side: ( and I bet I forget a few )
Bonnie Anne
Shiruku Nekko
Gracie Conrad
Zeena
Contessa Argento
Class companions, by class

Fan Flanders
Sarah Steele
Nurse Quinn
Mustang Sally

Nadya

Serpent Augur

Chantal Livingstone
Eagle Archer

The Marchioness
Jane Canary
Crown Shop ( the others are also available in the Crown Shop except the trainer companions & Shiruku Nekko )
Lucy Sterling
Wow, is that all? tell me if I missed any.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Bonnie Anne - All
Chantal Livingstone - Musketeers
Contessa Argento - All
Eagle Archer - Musketeers
Fan Flanders - Swashbucklers
Gracie Conrad - All
Jane Canary - Privateers
Lucy Sterling - All via Crown Shop
Mustang Sally - Swashbucklers
Nadya - Buccaneers
Nausica - All via Bundle
Nurse Quinn - Swashbucklers
Sarah Steele - Swashbucklers
Serpent Augur - Witchdoctors
Shiruku Neko - All (via side quest)
The Marchioness - Privateers
Zeena - All (via side quest)

As you can see, 17 out of over 200 - a woeful lack of female representation, if you ask me. Swashbucklers are in the lead. Several of us have been mentioning the topic over the years. Maybe an all female squad in the next booster pack?

(I didn't list the Battle Angel, ostensibly female but a clockwork, nor the companions from the packs, as getting them is by chance and their gender is not easily determined.)

(Edit: Thanks, @anecorbie - I missed Musang Sally!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ah, yes. I did miss one: Nausica from the Empire Bundle.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Well some female companions you can get on all classes without having to buy them:
Bonnie Anne
Gracie Conrad
*Zenna
Contessa Argento

*You can get Zeena from going the quest called Hurly-Burly, look it up on the pirate101 wiki.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on May 3, 2017 wrote:
Bonnie Anne - All
Chantal Livingstone - Musketeers
Contessa Argento - All
Eagle Archer - Musketeers
Fan Flanders - Swashbucklers
Gracie Conrad - All
Jane Canary - Privateers
Lucy Sterling - All via Crown Shop
Mustang Sally - Swashbucklers
Nadya - Buccaneers
Nausica - All via Bundle
Nurse Quinn - Swashbucklers
Sarah Steele - Swashbucklers
Serpent Augur - Witchdoctors
Shiruku Neko - All (via side quest)
The Marchioness - Privateers
Zeena - All (via side quest)

As you can see, 17 out of over 200 - a woeful lack of female representation, if you ask me. Swashbucklers are in the lead. Several of us have been mentioning the topic over the years. Maybe an all female squad in the next booster pack?

(I didn't list the Battle Angel, ostensibly female but a clockwork, nor the companions from the packs, as getting them is by chance and their gender is not easily determined.)

(Edit: Thanks, @anecorbie - I missed Musang Sally!)
I'm amazed that there's only 16 female companions! Perhaps in future updates we'll have more female recruits.
Post Edit: actually, WillowyDream, there are 18 female companions; you forgot to list Mustang Sally and we both forgot about Nikita ( the Skarakeet ). Yes, she's an animal, but that name is a girl's name.
And although you've taken an issue against the Battle Angel - isn't she just as much of a companion as other non-talking companions? As she has a feminine form, I believe she should be included as a female companion. So now the count stands a 19; which is still a bit low.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on May 4, 2017 wrote:
I'm amazed that there's only 16 female companions! Perhaps in future updates we'll have more female recruits.
Post Edit: actually, WillowyDream, there are 18 female companions; you forgot to list Mustang Sally and we both forgot about Nikita ( the Skarakeet ). Yes, she's an animal, but that name is a girl's name.
And although you've taken an issue against the Battle Angel - isn't she just as much of a companion as other non-talking companions? As she has a feminine form, I believe she should be included as a female companion. So now the count stands a 19; which is still a bit low.
LADY PIRATES, UNITE! Demand equal opportunities for the female of the Spiral's various species!

Kingsisle developers? @Professor Falmea?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Keep in mind the female companions have a lot of the strong companions where as the guys have like 150+ completely useless ones lol, nausica chantal, bonnie, fan, contessa, lucy/sarah, and gracie are all apart of the current pvp meta and are among the strongest depending on your strategy, nausica probably being the strongest out of all the companions male and female with chantal also being essential to any muskets team and fan to any swashies team, i can only think of a few male companions such as emmett, and pete that a pirate absolutely needs, i can replace baar with someone else, i can replace rat with march, i however cant replace nausica, chantal, fan, pete, or emmett, out of the 5 essential companions to me at least, 3/5 are female and id personally rather have stronger female companions then weaker ones but have more of them

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I rely on the girls for some tough fights. Bonnie and Gracie are top go to gals. I actually prefer that with the female characters you get quality over quantity. I admire a strong woman.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
As much as I believe that both men and women Companions are still Companions nonetheless, I had no idea there were only that many feminine Companions. Just for a side note, Fan Flanders, Sarah Steele, Chantal Livingstone are awesome (I use them on my Pirates), and the Marchioness. I think you guys forgot poor Marchioness!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

(Post Edit: Yes, I looked over the list again after I posted and saw the Marchioness. Sorry, Esperanza and Willowydream!)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on May 11, 2017 wrote:
As much as I believe that both men and women Companions are still Companions nonetheless, I had no idea there were only that many feminine Companions. Just for a side note, Fan Flanders, Sarah Steele, Chantal Livingstone are awesome (I use them on my Pirates), and the Marchioness. I think you guys forgot poor Marchioness!

- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer

(Post Edit: Yes, I looked over the list again after I posted and saw the Marchioness. Sorry, Esperanza and Willowydream!)
She's on my list, I don't forget her, she's in my privy's top tier.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Why are you assuming that the Batacuda, the Crocogator, the Sky Snake, and the Scorpion are male?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Max DeGroot on May 12, 2017 wrote:
Why are you assuming that the Batacuda, the Crocogator, the Sky Snake, and the Scorpion are male?
I think those companions are neither male or female and they shouldn't be put on either of those lists.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Not exactly assuming that they're male or female - more like that they're gender neutral; it would help though, if they had a specific name. ( BTW, the scorpion is named Scorpius, a male name, witness Draco Malfoy's son in the last chapter of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows. )
Just as El Tiburon is probably male, even though the name means "the shark". )

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Actually, because Old Scratch generally tells us about them when they are recruited, and if I recall correctly, he always uses the male pronoun.

"Now you have broken the power of him who was riling the scorpions, my Captain."

"Look, Captain - you broke the will of this mighty spirit, now him fight for you and call you master."

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
anecorbie on May 12, 2017 wrote:
Not exactly assuming that they're male or female - more like that they're gender neutral; it would help though, if they had a specific name. ( BTW, the scorpion is named Scorpius, a male name, witness Draco Malfoy's son in the last chapter of Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows. )
Just as El Tiburon is probably male, even though the name means "the shark". )
In Spanish, Esperanza, "El Tiburon" means "the shark", but the word "el" is actually masculine, and "la" feminine. El Tiburon is definitely male.

- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 14 Privateer

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I don't recall Old Scratch EVER using a female pronoun, do you?

I think, though, that a percentage of the players who are female is in order. Does anyone bother to keep those stats?

Now, you could claim that it isn't important, the the companions should more closely resemble the percentage of females in society.

Okay, but how many of those females end up as pirates? I'd say that by that standard, females are more than adequately represented.

In other words, let's not turn Pirate101 into a social statement. It's a game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on May 12, 2017 wrote:
Actually, because Old Scratch generally tells us about them when they are recruited, and if I recall correctly, he always uses the male pronoun.

"Now you have broken the power of him who was riling the scorpions, my Captain."

"Look, Captain - you broke the will of this mighty spirit, now him fight for you and call you master."

Correct! Now that you've reminded me, every animal companion for WD is introduced by Old Scratch telling us how we've tamed "him".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on May 13, 2017 wrote:

I think, though, that a percentage of the players who are female is in order. Does anyone bother to keep those stats?

Now, you could claim that it isn't important, the the companions should more closely resemble the percentage of females in society.

Okay, but how many of those females end up as pirates? I'd say that by that standard, females are more than adequately represented.

Pirate101 is a fantasy game set in an imaginary world; as such, it doesn't follow our current timeline of history.
Girls and women are playing this game, they would like to see their gender adequately represented.
And as for your contention of using "historic fact", there were actually quite a lot of women going to sea and committing acts of theft and terror from the Ancient World all the way to the 19th century.
A very little research could show you names across the world of female pirates.
Beyond the more famous female pirates like Anne Bonney and Mary Reade; there are:
Vikings! Yes, females joined the males in their raiding expeditions and NOT as support ( cooks, laundresses, etc. ) but as full-fledged warriors.
There was at least one notable noble lady pirate in the Middle Ages, who turned to piracy to avenge her husband's death at the hands of the French King. Her name was Jeanne De Clisson.
The famous Irish pirate was Grace O'Malley ( Grainne ). She even had the political clout to get an audience with Queen Elizabeth I of England to negociate the release of her son.
There were several Chinese female pirates who ruled their fleets with an iron hand and were just as respected as their male counterparts
There was a woman Berber pirate of the early 16th century who was not only a Queen in her own right but controlled a fleet of corsairs.
I'm not going to list all the names of these remarkable women of history, but I think you should do some research yourself to lighten your ignorance of this topic!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009

He does when referring to Sister Snake.

I'm not trying to turn Pirate101 into a social statement so much as let the developers know that there is an INTEREST in having MORE FEMALE COMPANIONS. If you, yourself, are not interested, well, then that is good to know also.

Thanks!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on May 14, 2017 wrote:
Correct! Now that you've reminded me, every animal companion for WD is introduced by Old Scratch telling us how we've tamed "him".
Which makes you wonder if he bothers to call anyone "her" even if they are.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
As an addendum to the previous, has Old Scratch ever used pronouns for Vadima or Sister Snake?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Max DeGroot on May 14, 2017 wrote:
As an addendum to the previous, has Old Scratch ever used pronouns for Vadima or Sister Snake?
Aye - those two AND Mother Spider --

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Quest:One_Foot_Through_the_Door#tab=Quest_Dialogue

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

I don't think the issue is that players are trying to turn P101 into a social statement, just by simply wanting a few more cool, kick tush female pirates to beat up on the Spiral baddies. Let's face it, some of the ladies are the most charismatic companions and are a down right riot. Who wouldn't want more of that!?!?

A lot of players would love to see more female crew members join their team of awesome mates. And no...most of it doesn't necessarily stem from demanding equal rights and/or a social standpoint. (I mean I think rats and livestock are wrongly depicted in the game...but that's no reason to want more cheese, bacon and beef!)

The female companions in the game are extremely well-voiced, add a lot of flare to the battle board and promotions, possess epic battle prowess, provide great dialogue and humor, and serve as wonderful counters/compliments to other crew members. It would just be awesome to have more female options. If it makes others feel better about their gender representations...well, that's an added bonus. And while we're at the subject of bringing in more female character to the game...I say bring on more devilish and diabolical bad girls, as well. And not because "they deserve to be equally represented and I demand equal rights!" It would just be cool to see some of our rough and tough go-get-'em firecrackers square off against some truly sinister "She-bosses". And the interactions from some of our full-of-them-self crew members (looking at you Toro & Birdbrain) could prove to be down right hilarious and delightful.

Most people are simply looking for more diversity and additions to the already amazing lady talent, represented in the Spiral.

Let's not turn a few, fun reasonable requests/wishes into an all out debate. It is, in fact, a game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's beginning to look like we've started "FYI, my 10 year old daughter says" pt2.