Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

List of all female companions across the classes.

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 5, 2017 wrote:
As I said KI are not going to substitute a female in becuase it's not true to the actual magnificent 7

it'd be kinda like putting a man in the spice girls
The actual Magnificent 7 were characters from a western movie called: The Magnificent Seven ( which in turn was inspired by a Japanese movie called : Seven Samurai. ) It had nothing to do with these American West personalities.
Of course I know KI won't be changing their interpretation of these Western personalities. I was just pointing out that there was more than one female that could represent the Old West. It would still have been true to the time period.
* a man in the Spice Girls would have been interesting, but I would like to point out that there's nothing specifically "masculine" in the title "Magnificent 7" *

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
The actual Magnificent 7 were characters from a western movie called: The Magnificent Seven ( which in turn was inspired by a Japanese movie called : Seven Samurai. ) It had nothing to do with these American West personalities.
Of course I know KI won't be changing their interpretation of these Western personalities. I was just pointing out that there was more than one female that could represent the Old West. It would still have been true to the time period.
* a man in the Spice Girls would have been interesting, but I would like to point out that there's nothing specifically "masculine" in the title "Magnificent 7" *
I always thought that it was only Jane? Regardless it's a shame they didn't add in more female presence into the mag 7

Having a man in the spice girls wouldn't fit with some of their songs you see, and what I was saying is that we can't let gender equality get in the way of authenticity sometimes, but you make an interesting point

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 6, 2017 wrote:
I always thought that it was only Jane? Regardless it's a shame they didn't add in more female presence into the mag 7

Having a man in the spice girls wouldn't fit with some of their songs you see, and what I was saying is that we can't let gender equality get in the way of authenticity sometimes, but you make an interesting point
Look up Belle Starr and you'll see what I mean.
And I still say what part of P101is historically authentic? Why is the idea of gender equality so disturbing to players that they're always playing "the historic authenticity" card?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 7, 2017 wrote:
Look up Belle Starr and you'll see what I mean.
And I still say what part of P101is historically authentic? Why is the idea of gender equality so disturbing to players that they're always playing "the historic authenticity" card?
So I'll try explain to you as best I can.

Imagine that back in the Wild West you were apart of a trio of girls and you were famous outlaws.

And then later on in a movie or novel your character is replaced for a male for gender equality.

In my opinion it's just not right to replace anyone's character in the name of gender equality.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 8, 2017 wrote:
So I'll try explain to you as best I can.

Imagine that back in the Wild West you were apart of a trio of girls and you were famous outlaws.

And then later on in a movie or novel your character is replaced for a male for gender equality.

In my opinion it's just not right to replace anyone's character in the name of gender equality.
The Magnificent 7 were never a group in history, Wyatt Earp was a lawman for Dodge City, Doc Holiday was his friend, Buffalo Bill was a hunter & later managed a Wild West Show, Billy the Kid was a murder. Wild Bill was a hired gun, and while it's true that Calamity Jane & he were linked,none of the others were ever linked as a group together.
In any case, that's not what I'm talking about!
I'm talking about the desire for more female companions, but then a circular argument begins:
Player #1: "I think it would be great if KI would add more female companions!"
Player #2 "I think that there's enough female companions, besides, in a historical context, there weren't many female pirates."
Over & over again.
Why is that so hard to understand?