Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pet Fashion Statements

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Do you have a pet that matches your outfit? One you equip just for how it looks? I have a couple, my buck wears a pink outfit and uses a pink marshadillo I morphed from the pink marsh I bought as an egg and someone's Fandango or flamingo, I forget which.
My musketeer has a green and white outfit, and I noticed my Quackosaurus looks very stylish with it. If I can find some good brown boots, I will match it perfectly.
I have a max privateer friend who loves the Cool Ranch look, wearing a stetson coyboy hat and using her Armordillo verde.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
Do you have a pet that matches your outfit? One you equip just for how it looks? I have a couple, my buck wears a pink outfit and uses a pink marshadillo I morphed from the pink marsh I bought as an egg and someone's Fandango or flamingo, I forget which.
My musketeer has a green and white outfit, and I noticed my Quackosaurus looks very stylish with it. If I can find some good brown boots, I will match it perfectly.
I have a max privateer friend who loves the Cool Ranch look, wearing a stetson coyboy hat and using her Armordillo verde.
My Witchdoctor colors are white and grey; I've been trying to morph a Ghostly Cat Cub with WD grants for her.
Otherwise, nope, I don't choose pets for how they match my pirates.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
My Witchdoctor colors are white and grey; I've been trying to morph a Ghostly Cat Cub with WD grants for her.
Otherwise, nope, I don't choose pets for how they match my pirates.
It's not the main thing I choose for, but I do like cute and cool looking pets. I also like switching things up, using random crew, trying another pet when just running around, or helping another pirate. That's what I was doing when I noticed how nice the Quackosaurus looked standing next to me in my green questing clothes. That got me thinking there might be other people who do that intentionally. I liked the look of the Marshadillos when they appeared, seemed to have good stats, and having one pirate that wore pink, just seemed handy for fights that it could match my crew colors. It turned out to be a strong pet that healed, and the morph was stronger. In the morphing tent I ran into someone showing off the different color yetis. With morphing, it is possible to get the pets to be both fashionable and strong questing pets. Luck on the ghostly Cat cub.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Ok, I guess I really do this. My swashbuckler also uses a purple Polkaloon that blends in with my look too.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2009
For me I've always chosen my pets not so much as a fashion accessory but as something that would fit the story of my Pirate. For example, a Spiny Serpent is often with my Witchdoctor as I like to imagine it being coiled around an arm and slipping down to assist with a battle. Should it be defeated, no big deal, the Witchdoctor just brings it back at the end. Or a Buccaneer that rides the transport golem being something of a gearhead, so I'll equip the Lil' Labor Golem as an obvious choice. Or perhaps the Mechanical Owl, Clocktopus, etc.

If they match up fashionably, that's a plus. But it's never been the goal.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
For awhile my buck used the Mini Minotaur because we both had the Axe of Minotaur Lords.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Condition Red on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
For me I've always chosen my pets not so much as a fashion accessory but as something that would fit the story of my Pirate. For example, a Spiny Serpent is often with my Witchdoctor as I like to imagine it being coiled around an arm and slipping down to assist with a battle. Should it be defeated, no big deal, the Witchdoctor just brings it back at the end. Or a Buccaneer that rides the transport golem being something of a gearhead, so I'll equip the Lil' Labor Golem as an obvious choice. Or perhaps the Mechanical Owl, Clocktopus, etc.

That kind of thing is what my friend with the Cool Ranch look does.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I was thinking of not color matching a pet for my witchdoctor, but something spooky like a bone dragon, or spectre, or something creepy crawly like a spider. The trouble is I really do like cute pets: so far the spiders seem the best match. Do you know any pets that are a bit creepy, but also are cute to you?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
I was thinking of not color matching a pet for my witchdoctor, but something spooky like a bone dragon, or spectre, or something creepy crawly like a spider. The trouble is I really do like cute pets: so far the spiders seem the best match. Do you know any pets that are a bit creepy, but also are cute to you?
Well, as I mentioned before I am hoping for a Ghostly Cat Cub for my witchdoctor, or maybe you could get the Midnight Cat Cub ( what could be more traditional than a black cat for a witch? )
I think the bone drake is cute, too.
I also have a liking for any of the Yetis, what could be better for a witch than having a mythical monster by their side?

Ensign
Jun 14, 2013
I always imagine my Privateer as a spoiled rich kid since he wears a stitched uniform from the Admiral Bundle, a rare Musketeer Hat dropped from Kane, a monocle, and wields a long spear.

So of course, Royal Ibis is gonna be his go to pet

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
The clockwork spider combines creepy with beautiful looks. I remember when I got one - I commented that it was like a piece of beautiful jewelry!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
The clockwork spider combines creepy with beautiful looks. I remember when I got one - I commented that it was like a piece of beautiful jewelry!
Good thought, I might need to check that one out. I do like the octopi too, you made me think of the cloctopus.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
My beloved Yuletide Iguana doesn't match my pink and purple theme but my ice wizard, Amber HawkSong has a matching pet. She wears Nordic style clothing that's blue and white and her faithful companion Queen Hannah, an Ice Wyvern is always by her side.

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
Condition Red on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:

Same

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Hi, Calamity! I must say, I don't have a Pet that matches my outfit, per se, but I do choose Pets (and Mounts) that match my Pirate's character/personality.

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler - Mount: Solar Saber. Pet: Wily Nikki, Flying Turtle.

Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer - Mount: Yuletide Pony. Pet - Mighty Nikki, Not-So-Great White Shark.
Nora, Level 12 Privateer - Mount: Valencian Steed. Pet: Little Otis, Mountain Yeti. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer - Mount: Citrine Ankylosaur. Pet: Chase, Fennec Fox.

And those are the Pets and Mounts that match my characters' character and personality!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler,
A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Helpful Aurora Par... on May 2, 2017 wrote:
Hi, Calamity! I must say, I don't have a Pet that matches my outfit, per se, but I do choose Pets (and Mounts) that match my Pirate's character/personality.

Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler - Mount: Solar Saber. Pet: Wily Nikki, Flying Turtle.

Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer - Mount: Yuletide Pony. Pet - Mighty Nikki, Not-So-Great White Shark.
Nora, Level 12 Privateer - Mount: Valencian Steed. Pet: Little Otis, Mountain Yeti. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer - Mount: Citrine Ankylosaur. Pet: Chase, Fennec Fox.

And those are the Pets and Mounts that match my characters' character and personality!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler,
A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
Destiny actually has Admiral Tiger, a Maximum Level White-Tailed Jackalope.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler