Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

make those nefarious weapons stitchable bro

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
hey what's up guys its me, the guy. i'm taking a temporary break from fighting copyright infringement to complain about my nefarious staff.

yo, dude, don't you hate it when your weapon looks like the nefarious staff...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
All the Nefarious weapons look amazing ( especially the Nefarious Staff! ) ( The poor creative artist is now feeling unappreciated. )
Ratbeard has replied time and again that these weapons can't be stitched due to technical reasons.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 30, 2017 wrote:
All the Nefarious weapons look amazing ( especially the Nefarious Staff! ) ( The poor creative artist is now feeling unappreciated. )
Ratbeard has replied time and again that these weapons can't be stitched due to technical reasons.
man i don't care about his/her feelings cause first of all i've never met them and second if they can't adjust to public criticism i don't think they belong in a creative position in the first place. and i can't find whatever threads you're talking about regarding technical reasons but i assume if there are any it's just due to the nefarious novablaster's unique novablast animation. if there are other reasons you know of that involve the other 4 nefarious weapons can you share them

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
AndrewDeathblade11... on Jan 31, 2017 wrote:
man i don't care about his/her feelings cause first of all i've never met them and second if they can't adjust to public criticism i don't think they belong in a creative position in the first place. and i can't find whatever threads you're talking about regarding technical reasons but i assume if there are any it's just due to the nefarious novablaster's unique novablast animation. if there are other reasons you know of that involve the other 4 nefarious weapons can you share them
I found this in the post: "Fixing What isn't Broken"
Ratbeard's reply of July 15, 2016:
"There's a reason the tower weapons are No Stitch. It's not a question of effort, it's a question of intent."
I'm sure there are older RB comment's on requests to make the Nefarious weapons stitchable, but I didn't want to search that far back.
I remember some comments where he explained that there are technical reasons, but it's clear from this answer that the weapons were never intended to be stitched.
There are weapons and gear dropped throughout this game that are un-stitch-able, these are just the most nefarious examples.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Thank you for making me walk down Memory Lane ( yeah, I went back years to check RB's answers on the weapons. I'm obsessed to getting my answers correct ). It seems that the comments I remember may have been on Test Realm threads.
Anyway, I enjoyed the search ( and the fun, informative answers from RB to various questions. )

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
poor concept artist....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Sometimes in life we have to make choices. If we are mature, we accept that, and with more life experience we tend to make better choices without too much fuss.

If we aren't mature, we generally don't accept limitations, don't care about others' feelings, and lash out when others deny our wants.

Here we have a choice of using the unstitchable weapon we don't care for the look of or using a different weapon we prefer the look of. Hmm... choices....

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Willowydream on Feb 2, 2017 wrote:
Sometimes in life we have to make choices. If we are mature, we accept that, and with more life experience we tend to make better choices without too much fuss.

If we aren't mature, we generally don't accept limitations, don't care about others' feelings, and lash out when others deny our wants.

Here we have a choice of using the unstitchable weapon we don't care for the look of or using a different weapon we prefer the look of. Hmm... choices....

ma'am...first of all this isn't one of those times. if kingsisle expected us to just love the game as it is they wouldn't have the shipyards section on the message boards. the staff is open to suggestions. not sure why you felt the need to criticize my character based on 2 posts on the internet.

logical decisions are always better than emotional decisions in the long run. for the sake of inner peace, no, i don't take everyone's feelings to heart. i am in fact emotionally invested in the select few individuals on this earth who have proven that they won't hurt me or can at least compensate for doing so.

it's obviously annoying when you call my actions 'lashing out' but again, i personally think that even more mature than taking others' opinions emotionally is taking others' opinions logically, like i tried to do in response to esperanza and will continue to do. she seems to have taken my response accordingly; with a "" face at the end.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Everyone has their own tastes as to what they like or dislike. I'm a big user of Eloise's services if I don't like the appearance of certain gear/weapons.
There is nothing wrong in asking KI to reverse a decision ( remember when the Nefarious Weapons were "No Trade"? ) Even I was against changing that decision, yet Ratbeard & KI responded to the requests to make them tradable.
But when RB has replied many times ( wish I could find those answers, it's bugging me ) that there is a very good reason that these weapons are "no-stitch", it seems futile to keep asking.
Maybe you'll get a more powerful staff with the appearance that you like ( or is at least stitch-able ), the Ashes of the Armada pack has a few, and the Dreadnaught has some really good ones.
Good luck with your search!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
AndrewDeathblade11... on Feb 5, 2017 wrote:
ma'am...first of all this isn't one of those times. if kingsisle expected us to just love the game as it is they wouldn't have the shipyards section on the message boards. the staff is open to suggestions. not sure why you felt the need to criticize my character based on 2 posts on the internet.

logical decisions are always better than emotional decisions in the long run. for the sake of inner peace, no, i don't take everyone's feelings to heart. i am in fact emotionally invested in the select few individuals on this earth who have proven that they won't hurt me or can at least compensate for doing so.

it's obviously annoying when you call my actions 'lashing out' but again, i personally think that even more mature than taking others' opinions emotionally is taking others' opinions logically, like i tried to do in response to esperanza and will continue to do. she seems to have taken my response accordingly; with a "" face at the end.

"man i don't care about his/her feelings"

Well then.

Esperanza did give you some legit reasons (with proof) as to why the Nef. 5 weapons aren't able to be stitched; there's no reason to hurl insults in a roundabout way. Besides, they're meant to be unique weapons earned with no small amount of effort - why wouldn't you want to show one off? If you're not a fan of the appearance, there are plenty of better weapons at higher levels (and damage rates) to rotate into your arsenal. My maxed pirates each carry around a few to switch in and out depending on which fight I'm doing. Personally, I don't see a problem with not being able to stitch the Nef. 5's weapons since they're pretty rad, but we can at least agree to disagree.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If KI added a "No Stitch" designation to items that are un-stitch-able ( like items which are "No Auction" or "No Trade" and say so on the card ), maybe most of these posts would stop recurring.
I've seen players report in the Bilge Pump when an item they want to stitch is actually a "No Stitch" item.
All you have to do is a search for "can't stitch", or "stitch" or "stitching" to find them.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I can understand why someone would want to stitch weapons, including the nefarious weapons. Personally, I hate the look of exagerated fantasy weapons. If I have a character using a particular weapon, be it sword, axe, bow, or gun, I want the weapon to actually look usuable and functionable. For the most part, the weapons of Pirate101 very nicely meet that criteria. But, then comes along the nefarious drops; the novablaster, and the nefarious knives. I know the nefarious knives, are a sort of exagerated Khopesh, but still, the hooks and angles, the off centre point, to me just look...dumb. So, despite their strengths, I have never farmed for them. I just don't want to add them to my collection.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
I just sell or burn the nefarious weapons since I have no use for them.