Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Return Fire Revamp

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
I was reading through the suggestions for Rank4/5 epics to see everyones great suggestions.

And during the discussion Ratbeard made a post and at the end he said "I am also considering a revamp of the Return Fire epic as it has become such a rump of an epic."

So I thought, why don't I create some food for thought for Ratbeard and something for you guys to read with my own suggestion on a new and improved Return Fire epic which actually has a use, and a possible use against Nausica! (Not really sure just thought about the possibilities as I was typing this paragraph)

So my suggestion does keep to the intent of the original epic, and this epic can still activate when a musketeer dodges another musk because its always fun to see it happen from my Monquistador Crossbowman.

But ontop of the epic activating traditionally the epic can also activate when an enemy musketeer shoots anyone else on your team, the musketeer with Return Fire epic if in range will, well just plain Return Fire at the enemy musketeer.

Now I am unsure if this could become a problem as this could possibly turn Return Fire into an epic which is a bit too good so to balance a possible issue the accuracy of the epic would be 75% the base accuracy of the shooter.

So now that the epic is now useful in PvP I want to talk about is possible usefulness in PvP for musketeers against Nausica

Bonnie Anne would be a prime pick to use this on as she can train Return Fire and has a 5 tile shooting range, just place an absorb on her and watch as she possibly counters the charge from Nausica and doesn't make her such a problem for the musketeer class anymore, although I am decent at PvP I am not an expert so if this would play out differently then I would love to see your explanation as a post below!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Seems like a good idea, well thought out anyway. What other companions would this effect?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 14, 2017 wrote:
Seems like a good idea, well thought out anyway. What other companions would this effect?
Well, the Monquistador Crossbowman is infamous for its return fire epic, I also believe the Amber Horde crossbowmen have the return fire epic

I am struggling to think of other companions, maybe some musketeers can chip in?