Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Class Trainer Companions

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Okay, the companions that you get from your class trainer are strange.

1. You can choose when to get them: When you first start, or at the end to give them that one extra level. Why?
2. They do not have legit promotion quests. Why?
3. Because of point one, they do not have dialogue, and are therefore not part of your main crew (those who actually say something). Why?

I don't get. Please help.

+-Morgrim Ashburn-+

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
PiratePablo1 on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
Okay, the companions that you get from your class trainer are strange.

1. You can choose when to get them: When you first start, or at the end to give them that one extra level. Why?
2. They do not have legit promotion quests. Why?
3. Because of point one, they do not have dialogue, and are therefore not part of your main crew (those who actually say something). Why?

I don't get. Please help.

+-Morgrim Ashburn-+
Because they were added after the Aquila update ( 2 years ago )
1. They aren't main quest line companions.
2. See above.
3. Ditto.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
1) This is because when they were first released, it would have been pretty useless to have a level 5 companion at level 65. I would almost consider these side quest companions because they work like this.

2) I believe KI was focusing on other things at the time, and this was also during a time when Pirate started to release less content. Luckily, Pirate101 stopped this trend in 2016 and has continued t be actively releasing content since.

3)The reason they were added in the first place was because players were complaining that all companions could be bought in the crown shop, so they added companions that could only be use by their respective class. Because they weren't there when the storyline was written, it would have been WAY to much work for KI to write them into the storyline.

Hope this answered your questions, and see you in the Spiral

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
This actually does make me question why these companions were placed in the game in the first place?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
This actually does make me question why these companions were placed in the game in the first place?
As Alex said, to give us unique companions.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
How hard would it be to update the game when more companions in the storyline, what is weird to me is sometimes your first mate never says anything despite them being your first mate. If first mate is currently Holly Jolly Roger and he never says anything in the story line, I also find it weird when you are talking to the armada or whatever a lot of times your first mate isn't standing with you despite them being your first mate even set on follow. I would be nice if KI fixed these things.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jan 9, 2017 wrote:
How hard would it be to update the game when more companions in the storyline, what is weird to me is sometimes your first mate never says anything despite them being your first mate. If first mate is currently Holly Jolly Roger and he never says anything in the story line, I also find it weird when you are talking to the armada or whatever a lot of times your first mate isn't standing with you despite them being your first mate even set on follow. I would be nice if KI fixed these things.
Holly Jolly Roger is a crown shop, seasonal companion. None of those companions have storyline dialogue. Do you expect KI to write, record and code that all into the game? What if new crown or game companions are added? It would just slow down any update if they had to do that.

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2015
Alex the Pirate on Jan 8, 2017 wrote:
1) This is because when they were first released, it would have been pretty useless to have a level 5 companion at level 65. I would almost consider these side quest companions because they work like this.

2) I believe KI was focusing on other things at the time, and this was also during a time when Pirate started to release less content. Luckily, Pirate101 stopped this trend in 2016 and has continued t be actively releasing content since.

3)The reason they were added in the first place was because players were complaining that all companions could be bought in the crown shop, so they added companions that could only be use by their respective class. Because they weren't there when the storyline was written, it would have been WAY to much work for KI to write them into the storyline.

Hope this answered your questions, and see you in the Spiral
Thanks!