Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Turn off player start summary?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
When you first bring up a character the game will usually give a quick summary of where you are in the game. Such as:

Boochbeard: "Ah, there ya are! When last we left the skyways..."
Bonnie: "We came to Aquilla to find Argos, but first we have to win the Trojan war."
Ratbeard: "Eagilles is back! It's time to storm the city of the serpents."
Gandry: "There is no time to waste!"

All of my pirates do something like that....except one. Which means there is either something wrong with that pirate, or else I turned something off. I would love to turn it off for ALL my pirates, if I knew what it was. Any ideas?

Also, has anyone else noticed that there is a pattern to the summary?

1st line: Boochbeard or Gandry
2nd line: A member of your crew
3rd line: A different member of your crew
4th line: Boochbeard or Gandry

EXCEPT...when you go to Valencia the second time. Then it becomes...

1st line: Boochbeard or Gandry
2nd line: El Toro
3rd line: El Toro
4th line: Boochbeard or Gandry

I have my own theory as to why, and it unfortunately does not say good things.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
If you have finished the storyline, there is no voiceover. They have nothing to remind you to do. Also, I think they do not remind you where you left off unless you haven't logged into that character for some time, perhaps 24 hours or so.

Personally, I love the little recaps.I don't know why you would want to turn them off, but if you do, simply finish the storyline, or turn off your sound when you log off.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
You are correct that if you reach the end of the storyline there is no reminder, AND it only does it once every 24 hours.

However, the pirate who doesn't get the summary is stationed in Mooshu. And I have left him, and the other pirates for a day or two to travel out of town, and come back to all of the pirates getting the summary, except him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
If you have finished the storyline, there is no voiceover. They have nothing to remind you to do. Also, I think they do not remind you where you left off unless you haven't logged into that character for some time, perhaps 24 hours or so.

Personally, I love the little recaps.I don't know why you would want to turn them off, but if you do, simply finish the storyline, or turn off your sound when you log off.

You can also turn off the sound from the log in character page - just go to "options".

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
You can also turn off the sound from the log in character page - just go to "options".
That turns off the sound for ALL conversation, not just the summary.

I'm trying to figure out why this one pirate, who is not at the end of the story, is the only one not getting the summary.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Max DeGroot on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
That turns off the sound for ALL conversation, not just the summary.

I'm trying to figure out why this one pirate, who is not at the end of the story, is the only one not getting the summary.
Has this pirate finished the main storyline of MooShu and is simply finishing up side quests? I'm not sure that there is a recap that reminds us to talk to Avery about moving on to Marleybone...

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Willowydream on Dec 27, 2016 wrote:
Has this pirate finished the main storyline of MooShu and is simply finishing up side quests? I'm not sure that there is a recap that reminds us to talk to Avery about moving on to Marleybone...

Here are his quests:

STORY: Everyone Loves A Party
Side: A Den of Vipers
Side: Full Scale
Side: Black Lotus Rising
Side: Shonen Knives

Now, I should add that this pirate is one I save for another player and we play our pirates together, but we have not played on those pirates for over a year, if I recall. Is there a maximum time limit for the summary?