Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Raise Barricade and Power Monkey's Palisade

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
I have some sweet and sour experiences using both of these powers. They're both very good in concept but they both are very flawed. (They fixed both of them in updates but it's still not enough)

1. Raise Barricade is a good barrier for protection, except you can't shoot over the barrier. Honestly it does the exact opposite on what a barrier is intended to do, it should protect you not hinder you from your abilities.
2. Power Monkey's Palisade does good damage with Old Scratch's Mojo Boosts but why is it only 3 barrels? Shouldn't it be 5 for both more protection and for more of a defensive strategy? Not to mention that it doesn't even do much damage without Mojo anyway.
3. In PVP ironically, Raise Barricade is perfect for shutting down Musketeers (And Witchdoctors) because they cannot attack over the barrier and it traps them/forces them to move to another spot in order to hit.
4. After testing with friends, apparently Raise Barricade is affected by Mojo and the more you have, the stronger the barrier would be. Shouldn't this be stated on the card itself?

I'm not asking to shoot over all barriers or anything like that, but wouldn't it make a thousand times more sense to be able to shoot over the barrier that you summoned? I wouldn't even mind if Powder Monkey does even less damage for an exchange of more barrels or a new power that lets us summon kegs with a X shaped pattern, I just want these powers to be more useful and to create new strategies with them. Both of these powers are high risk/low reward, i'm pretty much better off just sticking with laying out bombs for better defense.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
What if like Bishop's summoned machines the barriers shot at an approaching opponent like that.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Sounds like a good power for a later time at a higher level.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Being able to shoot over the barricades, literally makes you somewhat invisible. Only a few powers can counter barricade(big guns). If you placed a barricade up and could shoot over it, the other team would be completely wrecked, because they wouldn't be able to attack.