Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Change Needs to happen

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Please read the Full article on here
http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?59713-Change-Needs-to-happen

A change to the current system has to happen by that I don’t mean affecting the current ranking system just the Incentives to do rank pvp. The first solution is to make visually less appealing versions of the champion weapons. Veteran weapons if you would these weapons would give the Same stats as the champ weapons minus the champion rank requirement and Instead have a requirement of the player doing 50 matches and cost considerably More script than the normal weapons. This encourages players to keep playing Even if they lose they have a goal they know is Achievable.

I know a lot of players won’t like the powers of these weapons will be more accessible to get however everyone that has the fall weapon or the spring weapon know how much of a difference those powers make.

The second implementation is give players a Reason to want to win even if it’s not to get higher rank. For example I propose a progress bar that goes along the lines

· Get 5 rank wins – 50 script
· Get 10 rank wins -100 script
· Get 15 rank wins – 1 Booster pack
· Get 20 rank wins – 500 script
· Get 25 rank wins -1000 script
· Get 30 rank wins – 2 Booster packs
· Get 50 rank wins – 2000 script
· Get 100 rank wins – get a pack companions

When players lose they should spin a wheel for a chance of more script or another prize I know it seems like a very rewarding system but this game is designed for kids give them a reason to keep trying even if they lose or get unlucky they should have a goal they know they can realistically reach.

Realistically if we make the ranked System less frustrating and more rewarding for newer players our pvp player base can increase I know the game isn’t focused on that but right now it’s our only endgame activity we can do besides pets and it will encourage more people to keep their subscriptions in regards to pvp balances and it being unfair or something is too op that will come with more players. With more people caring about pvp they will provide more feedback and that will push balancing issues more forward. More people doing ranked pvp means more subscription and therefore more income and more updates for the game. It has to start however from the developers.
I’m firm in my belief that the weapons since they are so powerful and impact matches so much Should be Assessable to all and Ranked pvp should be fun for everyone not painfully frustrating.

Sincerely, an Avid Pirate101 Player

Ensign
Apr 17, 2015
lol they are not gonna make these ridiculous changes. IMO they just need to fix royale and change it so that if you flee a match there is a 5-10 minute cooldown like in wizard101. LITERALLY 3 hours till a match and some noob flees to get their boy or girl. It's so annoying. x. x.

Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
Thefirstchum on Aug 15, 2016 wrote:
lol they are not gonna make these ridiculous changes. IMO they just need to fix royale and change it so that if you flee a match there is a 5-10 minute cooldown like in wizard101. LITERALLY 3 hours till a match and some noob flees to get their boy or girl. It's so annoying. x. x.
They may at first sound ridiculous however think about the current ranking system and how it treats newer players. The point of the game is to have fun after all, however the way it currently works has the odds stacked against the inexperienced. How many newer players will get discouraged from even trying? I'm always encouraging people to pvp not only because it's something I Love to do but also because it's this games only source of end game content. Most story players actually just buy the last areas with crowns and cancel their memberships only the avid pvp players are the ones that renew theirs constantly.

I have so many friends that won't even step into the hall because they feel its a waste of time they won't get anything except frustration out of it and even more because they say its unfair cause they will never get a champion weapon and be on a even footing.

Yes I know for those that really care and are willing to do the extra miles can achieve it. However those that are a dime a dozen and at the current state of the game we don't have the luxury of keeping it that way. Our number of players aren't that high and Our Number of people that actually consistently pvp are even Lower.

We Need Ranked PvP to be fun And encouraging since realistically that's the main reason people will stay after they have beaten the game and continue to renew their memberships. I know pets are also a thing but with lack of content to actually use the pets most don't even bother

I do agree they need to fix royale it was a neat idea to being but the nature of the system only encourages abuse of it and I do believe it should be removed. The flee system is a grievance but it only came to light because of the lack of players. If there were more people playing we'd get a match on the 2nd queue screen.

I'm sorry if you think my idea is ridiculous but I Really care about our pvp community and it's hardly grown and in fact feels to be getting smaller..

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
YES!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

I can relate to every single scenario presented in that post and I know exactly what it feels like. The lack of players who are active in the brawlin' hall only makes things that much worse, and the downward spiral will continue to cycle.

PvP has grown frustrating to a majority of players and it has come to a point where even the dedicated players who give it 100% cannot,

1) Get Matches
2) Rank Up (because of the lack of matches)
and most importantly
3) Have FUN

Before I get attacked for it, no, this is NOT just about the active pirates who do PvP. The much bigger message here has to do with the entire community and the ideas presented to help make the competitive PvP setting less tedious and enjoyable. Anyone who puts in enough effort to try and enjoy themselves should not be able to fail at such a measly task.

If we continue to stand here and pretend that we have no desire a more ideal ecosystem, then it will never become a possibility. Also why stand in the way of ideas that you think "will never happen"? Sure, sometimes things are over-analyzed or blown out of proportion, though I for one think it would it would be rather silly to be another hurdle stopping the mutual desire of every last person who has ever posted on these boards, changefor the better.

Beware the power of strength in numbers!
Noble Wolf Hawkins

Ensign
Oct 16, 2012
Interesting proposal, and I agree for the most part. Incentives to begin pvp are pretty low, and I know that KI is aware of this situation. The last update proved that, by adding pets at every level and new mounts, but clearly that really isn't working. I feel like in its current state pvp is in a "the rich get richer" scenario, where those that pay $40 for Nausica and have access to previous champ weapons are the only ones making real progress. The people that just want the champ weapons without effort will simply cheat.

With that being said, I like the idea of companions as a champion reward, and weapons as a veteran reward. Companions are easier to find a counter to, than someone with a weapon superior to your own in nearly every way (think Emmett vs Nausica). Also, companions present a much stronger incentive to get champion rank.

I know that Wizard101 has something pretty similar, they have above average pvp gear and weapons available at veteran rank, almost as a booster to continue into the upper ranks. So KI already knows how to handle this situation, maybe they are just using this season as a test to see if current incentives are enough. I would be very excited to see a total pvp makeover with stronger moderation and more benefits, but I'd love to hear what others thing though.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
I agree completely my win to loss ration was 154 wins, too 165 losses

Black Ryan Randall Summer PvP champ

Ensign
May 09, 2015
I really agree with this, the reward system needs to be expanded. Every month I purchase a Pirate101 membership to compete against other players in ranked pvp. It can be really fun! The first few wins..... Then it becomes really discouraging when you start a bad losing streak.

I can get to high veteran, and high hero but when I get bad pulls I can lose hours of progress with a snap of the fingers. All of the strategic thinking I've done and luck moments all seem to be in vain when I'm right back at gladiator or warrior. Sometimes all of the effort and all of the skill I put into rank doesn't seem worth it for some scrip and a single weapon.

I feel like there should be some type of reward when you reach certain achievements and more rewards in general. Right now I have 100 wins in rank pvp but I'm at high veteran now and only get a certain amount of scrip. For any of these changes to be implemented into the game would be an extraordinary change to Rank. It would certainly get more people interested in Rank PVP, it would also be great if rank pvp exclusive gear were created similarly to moo/kane gear (such as 2 new powers on a newly styled hat, robe, boots, charm, totem, etc).

Lastly I feel like more should be done about the Cheat Engine thing in Pirate101. So many people use it in Rank and I only fear it will get worse. I've experienced someone who has used it against me and others have as well. There is a video out there recorded by Valor Wolf where it shows someone using engine in Rank PVP against him.

Quite frankly I am sick of people breaking/altering the game because they don't want to play fairly. I have contacted Pirate101 Support about this and got a robot response or no response at all, same for my friends. I also feel that classes should be buffed and nerfed every once in a while to keep balance in the game/classes.

I really hope Ratbeard sees this thread and implements some changes to Rank PVP.

Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Another new thing i noticed is, When you go to the screen to switch realms, it almosts always says Realm Avery:Normal. If you go back before discord and the update, it almost always said crowded

Lieutenant
Jul 23, 2013
Lieutenant
Aug 17, 2014
Getting champ weapons at rank vet, seems a little crazy.Some noobs can get lucky and make there way to vet