Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tips for Valencia Part 2

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 08, 2013
Valencia Part 2 seems to be a struggle for many players, so I thought it'd be helpful to provide a few tips to make this challenging realm a bit easier.

First off, I'll warn you now that the word "challenging" in that last sentence cannot be emphasized enough. You will face a major difficulty jump almost immediately. Which leads me to my first tip:

1 - Use the Team Up option for dungeons

Valencia Part 2 includes some of the most challenging dungeons in the entire game, and there are very few that I can say you should be fine soloing. Not to mention, if your companions go down, they will be on bedrest for up to 6-7 hours!Save yourself from those tedious bedrest times or spending tens of thousands of gold to revive them by having other pirates help you. It's like they say, teamwork makes the dream work....and saves you from getting mauled by Royal Guards

2 - Make sure you're up to the challenge

By the time you sail into Aragon Skyway for the first time, you and your Nautical Level should be at least Level 65. However, the higher, the better. Make sure the companions you plan on using often are close to your level, as well. If you've checked off both of these, you should then look at your gear. Do they give you anything that will be helpful for the fights ahead? Try farming for gear that gives you heals, shields, or buffs, as you will need a lot of them here.

3 - Diversify your strategy

If you're a Buccaneer or Swashbuckler, do you tend to charge right to the enemies in each fight? Or if you're any other class, do you spend the first turn having everyone buff each other? Those strategies will not work with every fight. Sometimes, it's best for everyone to stay grouped near each other, and sometimes, you will need to spread out right away. Go into fights with multiple strategies in mind, and pick one that you think will work best.

A few other things to note that you may catch while questing:

-The companion you rescued from the Presidio will receive a third promotion at Level 67. I highly recommend waiting until you and a good amount of companions have reached max level before beginning this quest, as it is by far the most challenging promotion quest in the game.

-The Royal Guards in Duomo have critical strikes and charges that can do up to around 2100 damage. This is enough to OHKO some companions, which is why, again, you should use the Team Up option for this dungeon.

-A number of side quests here can reward a surprisingly large amount of XP. If you've been pushing side quests aside for awhile, definitely do the ones you find here!

Welp, that's all there is to it. You've reached the homestretch of the storyline; only a few more levels to go! Good luck, and see ya in the Spiral!

Strong Adam Warren - Level 70
Boris - Level 70
Wolf - Level 70
Mitchell - Level 19

Awesome post Adam, thank you for all the great tips!

Ensign
Mar 09, 2018
Also, something interesting to note is that the ships in VA2 don't actually have heal powers [with the exception of Martin Chambers's ship, but he's a boss anyway], so you don't have to be NL 65 as you'll wear them down eventually regardless of accuracy, but once you get there I highly recommend investing in the Spiral Galleon and the parts you can get on the Florenza dock as it'll speed things up. Ironically, some of the ships have a chance to drop a nautical level 8+ Skull Island armor piece that gives the same stats as the lower tier of the Florenza armor sets - which is still absolutely insane, and if you get this I'd recommend giving it to any new pirates you make. That being said, when I got it, I had to do a fair amount of ship farming on new pirates to get to level 8 as there aren't many nautical quests on the storyline prior to your acquisition of the Monquistan Skiff, which does have certain parts you can look around for that'll outclass your old SI skiff. In other words, you'll still be tanky, but it's far more worth to sacrifice about 150ish HP in order to be able to actually hit other ships with your powers. Sort of a Monkey's Paw situation - the armor piece is by far the best one for the level [and the level requirement is probably bugged anyway], but by the time you're eligible to use it you'll be close to an overall upgrade. Pain.

Another thing - the original story for VA2 was meant to be a lot longer, and when it got cut, a lot of the XP we would've gotten was removed. You'll need to do nearly all of the side quests in Florenza to reach level 70 if you haven't done any sides prior to this. With that in mind, grab them as they show up - there's one with a quest goal to collect some fish mobs [that are extremely powerful since it's VA2], and those same fish mobs show up in the storyline as well. Just a couple extra things to keep in mind if you're a new player going through VA2 for the first time.