Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buying Things on New Account - Can You Access MBs?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Ahoy, Message Board Marauders!

Sorry about the weird title. My question is - let's say I make a new account. If this new account buys Crowns or a new area/zone, can they still access the Message Boards (not Marleybone, LOL )? Like, I know you can access the Message Boards if you pay a membership, but can you still access the boards if you buy Crowns or buy a new area/zone and you don't have a membership?

Just curious. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 3, 2019 wrote:

Sorry about the weird title. My question is - let's say I make a new account. If this new account buys Crowns or a new area/zone, can they still access the Message Boards (not Marleybone, LOL )? Like, I know you can access the Message Boards if you pay a membership, but can you still access the boards if you buy Crowns or buy a new area/zone and you don't have a membership?

Just curious. Thanks!

You cab access the message boards if you buy crowns or use a pre-paid game card.

Lieutenant
Jan 23, 2011
Helpful Aurora Par... on Jul 3, 2019 wrote:

Just curious. Thanks!

I believe you have access to posting on the boards for about a month after you purchased the crowns. I don't think buying thing in the game counts towards the time.
So if you bought a bundle of crowns, I think you have a month (about 30 days) to post freely on the boards until you are no longer able to do so until the next purchase.

Ensign
Jul 01, 2009
Yes you can. I am currently doing that. They thing is that once you get past 30 days and don't buy any more crowns you go back to non member status, as far as posting on the main message boards, until you buy more crowns.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
To Steven Owlhunter and Black Pearl: Ahh, makes sense! Thanks, guys!