Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gear Stats Mess-Up?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 27, 2013
Howdy community.

I have noticed some higher level gear/equipment actually have lower stats then their counterparts. For example I have a level 24 sail for a Royal Navy Ship and a level 44. Yet the level 24 has slightly higher stats and the name of the level 24 sail is "Lieutenant's Sails" while the level 44 sail is called the "Commander's Sails" which I would assume the "Commander's Sail" should be better.

Thank you for the input.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
JollyMate101 on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
Howdy community.

I have noticed some higher level gear/equipment actually have lower stats then their counterparts. For example I have a level 24 sail for a Royal Navy Ship and a level 44. Yet the level 24 has slightly higher stats and the name of the level 24 sail is "Lieutenant's Sails" while the level 44 sail is called the "Commander's Sails" which I would assume the "Commander's Sail" should be better.

Thank you for the input.
Welcome to the message boards, JollyMate101! Would you care to tell us the stats of the level 24 & 44 ship gear? Maybe we can clear up the mystery!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I think sometimes all it means it that you have to have a higher nautical level to use it, and what level/kind of ship it can be used on. Yes, Commander's sail sounds like it would be better. I would guess the Leutenant's sails were a really good drop for it's area, but the Commander's Sails can be used on a more powerful ship. Are they for ships with the same origin?