Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ship Names

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I wish there were some more options on naming our ships. Specifically, I wish the lists of names we could choose in each world had a little more in common. I understand that they are trying to keep the names suitable for the world the ship is from, but I wanted to name my ships with a theme. As an example, one pirate could have ships with a musical instrument theme, from the SI Soggy Drum, to CR Silver Flute, to AQ Winged Lyre. Another pirate could have reptile themed ships, MB Black Adder, CR Spirit Snake, MS Laughing Cobra, etc.. A third could have bird ships. Unfortunately, even if you can start out like this, there are some worlds that do not have anything suitable to the category selected, and that breaks the attempt. Maybe KI could add some animal names and other object names appropriate to each world, that would carry through in each world.

What do you think? Have any other themes you wish to carry through? Fish? Mythological creatures? An adjective theme for each world, for example dance related (SI Jigging Sieve, MQ, Tapping Sophia, MB Waltzing Badger)?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on May 21, 2018 wrote:
I wish there were some more options on naming our ships. Specifically, I wish the lists of names we could choose in each world had a little more in common. I understand that they are trying to keep the names suitable for the world the ship is from, but I wanted to name my ships with a theme. As an example, one pirate could have ships with a musical instrument theme, from the SI Soggy Drum, to CR Silver Flute, to AQ Winged Lyre. Another pirate could have reptile themed ships, MB Black Adder, CR Spirit Snake, MS Laughing Cobra, etc.. A third could have bird ships. Unfortunately, even if you can start out like this, there are some worlds that do not have anything suitable to the category selected, and that breaks the attempt. Maybe KI could add some animal names and other object names appropriate to each world, that would carry through in each world.

What do you think? Have any other themes you wish to carry through? Fish? Mythological creatures? An adjective theme for each world, for example dance related (SI Jigging Sieve, MQ, Tapping Sophia, MB Waltzing Badger)?
I would like to see the list expanded so that our major symbols on our flags were represented - like lion, gryphon, turtle ( you can get that in MooShu, but not earlier ) lark, etc.
Since I have the mermaid on my flag, I would like to see more words than "mermaid" ( SI only ), "triton" ( MB only ) or "siren" ( AQ only ). What about "Sea Nymph" or "Nixie" or if in MooShu, "Kappa"?

Ensign
Nov 07, 2010
I agree that there should be more names. I think they should all relate to the world though. Sometimes it is annoying because I have so many ships and can't figure out unique names that sound cool.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Gollume on May 22, 2018 wrote:
I agree that there should be more names. I think they should all relate to the world though. Sometimes it is annoying because I have so many ships and can't figure out unique names that sound cool.
Yes, my idea includes that the names used would be suitable to each world where they are available. Each world has plants, animals, and other things that are associated with that place, while still being a plant, an animal, etc.