Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Inconsistencies

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Why do pet snacks/gear take up room in the bank but not in my backpack?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Max DeGroot on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
Why, indeed? It makes it difficult to redistribute snacks among the family.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Aug 7, 2017 wrote:
Would you rather have it the other way around? Or have a finite number of snacks in both bank & backpack? We are allowed an infinite amount of snacks because players are training and feeding a large amount of pets.
Would you want to stop what you're doing because you ran out of snacks and had to port back to your house for more?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 8, 2017 wrote:
Would you rather have it the other way around? Or have a finite number of snacks in both bank & backpack? We are allowed an infinite amount of snacks because players are training and feeding a large amount of pets.
Would you want to stop what you're doing because you ran out of snacks and had to port back to your house for more?
I just want consistency. If I'm accumulating loot in my shared bank, and I reach 100 because I have 10 different snacks and 15 different types of pet gear, why does my backpack only increase 75 after I clear out the shared bank? Personally, I'd rather snacks and gear not take up any room in my shared bank so I can fit more other stuff.

But why in the world would I run out of snacks away from my house? I can only use one per pet per training session. Why would I be training my pet away from home?

Ensign
Jul 13, 2016
I never noticed the limit on snacks in the bank. Is there a limit in both the bank and shared bank?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Max DeGroot on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:
I just want consistency. If I'm accumulating loot in my shared bank, and I reach 100 because I have 10 different snacks and 15 different types of pet gear, why does my backpack only increase 75 after I clear out the shared bank? Personally, I'd rather snacks and gear not take up any room in my shared bank so I can fit more other stuff.

But why in the world would I run out of snacks away from my house? I can only use one per pet per training session. Why would I be training my pet away from home?
Really? I have several pets training at a time, and unlike Wizard, the pets can do things beside make me play painful and mindless games. I can set my pet training and still have him come out to do battle. My pets are doing things while I'm adventuring.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Aug 9, 2017 wrote:

Max, you can train as many pets you want ( as long as you have the energy for it ). This isn't W101 where the only pet you can train is the equipped pet.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The issue is real, and I've encountered it several times when trying to share snacks between pirates through the Shared Bank. Having companions of various levels means that they are collecting different snacks from each other, so every now and then, I want to even out the supply among my family of pirates. We all know that getting snacks our pets LOVE is the best way to feed them.

What I wanted to do was put all of the snacks I have into the shared bank and divide them, but after putting about a dozen different snacks in, all of a sudden my Shared Bank was full. Why should snacks take up so much space in the shared bank in Pirate101, when in Wizard101, they are their own separate storage item?

Housekeeping tasks like this are an ongoing chore.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
The issue is real, and I've encountered it several times when trying to share snacks between pirates through the Shared Bank. Having companions of various levels means that they are collecting different snacks from each other, so every now and then, I want to even out the supply among my family of pirates. We all know that getting snacks our pets LOVE is the best way to feed them.

What I wanted to do was put all of the snacks I have into the shared bank and divide them, but after putting about a dozen different snacks in, all of a sudden my Shared Bank was full. Why should snacks take up so much space in the shared bank in Pirate101, when in Wizard101, they are their own separate storage item?

Housekeeping tasks like this are an ongoing chore.
Willowy, it's not only the snacks that are taking up space in the shared bank, but also gear, pets, ship gear & housing items; moving a few things to your individual banks or attic will help when you want to share those snacks.
Also, are you sure you need every snack you have? Why not sell off a few to the bazaar? This will help those pirates without a plethora of snacks by putting them where they can get some.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
Willowy, it's not only the snacks that are taking up space in the shared bank, but also gear, pets, ship gear & housing items; moving a few things to your individual banks or attic will help when you want to share those snacks.
Also, are you sure you need every snack you have? Why not sell off a few to the bazaar? This will help those pirates without a plethora of snacks by putting them where they can get some.
anecorbie - I do know what takes up space in my bank. Thanks very much for clarifying that for new members, though.

I do sell some snacks at the Bazaar, however MANY snacks are not auctionable. I do move other gear, etc., out of my shared bank to make room, but then I'm questing or helping or farming and guess what -- it fills right up again. Go figure. Snacks are almost never in my Shared Bank because they DO take up spaces that could be used by gear I want to transfer/store.

It's a "quality of life" issue.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Aug 11, 2017 wrote:
anecorbie - I do know what takes up space in my bank. Thanks very much for clarifying that for new members, though.

I do sell some snacks at the Bazaar, however MANY snacks are not auctionable. I do move other gear, etc., out of my shared bank to make room, but then I'm questing or helping or farming and guess what -- it fills right up again. Go figure. Snacks are almost never in my Shared Bank because they DO take up spaces that could be used by gear I want to transfer/store.

It's a "quality of life" issue.

The non-auction-able snacks can be sold at the snack vendor in Bestia ( just informing new readers ) if you can't use these snacks.
I think it would be good if we could trade some snacks among ourselves.