Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Second Chance changes?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
So I have two suggestions for the second chance epic and the other counterparts.

First off for those who don't know second chance doesn't synergise with reckless frenzy properly, and by that I mean if your character is in reckless frenzy and misses, second chance will activate but if you hit it doesn't continue reckless frenzy, I propose that second chance changes so that it can be a lifeline for reckless frenzy.

Lastly I reckon that rank 5 of second chance and it's respective counterparts should change from granting a critical boost to making your second chance attack a guaranteed hit to make it stronger, it may sound a bit broken to invest 5 ranks into it I believe it's a fair trade off.

What are your thoughts of my ideas?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
So I have two suggestions for the second chance epic and the other counterparts.

First off for those who don't know second chance doesn't synergise with reckless frenzy properly, and by that I mean if your character is in reckless frenzy and misses, second chance will activate but if you hit it doesn't continue reckless frenzy, I propose that second chance changes so that it can be a lifeline for reckless frenzy.

Lastly I reckon that rank 5 of second chance and it's respective counterparts should change from granting a critical boost to making your second chance attack a guaranteed hit to make it stronger, it may sound a bit broken to invest 5 ranks into it I believe it's a fair trade off.

What are your thoughts of my ideas?
Reckless Frenzy is supposed to stop when you miss, just because you also have Second Chance, doesn't mean you get to continue to frenzy whether you hit.
I don't believe in guaranteed hits for Talent attacks.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
Reckless Frenzy is supposed to stop when you miss, just because you also have Second Chance, doesn't mean you get to continue to frenzy whether you hit.
I don't believe in guaranteed hits for Talent attacks.
That's why I'm proposing it changes to make second chance more viable for a buccaneer so that they can have a long reckless frenzy chain.

If you don't believe in guaranteed hits that's fine, I just conjured up an idea which seemed more fitting than bonus critical chance to me.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jul 13, 2017 wrote:
That's why I'm proposing it changes to make second chance more viable for a buccaneer so that they can have a long reckless frenzy chain.

If you don't believe in guaranteed hits that's fine, I just conjured up an idea which seemed more fitting than bonus critical chance to me.
A long Reckless Frenzy chain isn't always in the best interest of the Buccaneer. Also this gives opponents ( whether PVP or PVE ) a chance.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 14, 2017 wrote:
A long Reckless Frenzy chain isn't always in the best interest of the Buccaneer. Also this gives opponents ( whether PVP or PVE ) a chance.
Of course it won't always be in the best interest of the buccaneer that's why it would be their choice if they wanted to pursue second chance for their reckless frenzy.

It would make it harder to survive a reckless frenzy but it could also help you by letting the buccaneer just let his health drain away, besides if a buccaneer goes for a rank of second chance that means they are probably sacrificing a rank of relentless or blade storm so it all balances out and it just creates more diversity for buccaneers.