Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Texas Influence?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
For those of us who may or may not live in the southern regions of the United States, the sound of cicada bugs is well known. It is so common to me that while playing P101, it took me a while to realize that there are cicada bugs singing in various areas of the game lol. If I'm not mistaken, KingsIsle is based in Texas. I know these particular insects are not exclusive to the southern states in America, but might the song of the cicada in the game be a Texas Influence?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on May 30, 2017 wrote:
For those of us who may or may not live in the southern regions of the United States, the sound of cicada bugs is well known. It is so common to me that while playing P101, it took me a while to realize that there are cicada bugs singing in various areas of the game lol. If I'm not mistaken, KingsIsle is based in Texas. I know these particular insects are not exclusive to the southern states in America, but might the song of the cicada in the game be a Texas Influence?
I live in Texas and cicadas are rife in my area - it wouldn't be summer without their song. The whole of Cool Ranch has a South West cultural influence; especially those areas ( like Texas & New Mexico ) that were influenced by Spanish and Mexican culture.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I'd noticed it because I heard them in the game when it was WAY too cold for them to be outside, think snow. What area were you in when you heard them? They do a nice job with the sounds in the areas. One time, I think I heard a cardinal singing in the game.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
When the cicadas sing it means it's hot outside. They only sing if it gets above a certain temperature. We have them up north too.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey