Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which one?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I want to buy another companion on my to help me with Dead Mike's 3rd promotion cause it is hard hard HARD! Even with a level 73 Nausica. I want a companion that deals high damage, maybe one of the starter clones, they seem to do good amounts of damage. Maybe I should get Goronado? So I am in a toss up, What companion is strong and is good enough to help me through such a hard battle.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
You don't need to buy a new companion to help on this quest. What you need to do is take a look at your strategy. The enemies in this quest have strong Epic talents that you need to counter, not necessarily with more strength. Have you thought of using ranged crewmates like musketeers and witchdoctors? Have you buffed them for armor and dodge before sending your melee crew into the fray?

Valencia II was designed intending to get us out of our ruts and into some new strategic thinking, changing up our crew, utilizing powers and talents we may have been ignoring.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on May 24, 2017 wrote:
I want to buy another companion on my to help me with Dead Mike's 3rd promotion cause it is hard hard HARD! Even with a level 73 Nausica. I want a companion that deals high damage, maybe one of the starter clones, they seem to do good amounts of damage. Maybe I should get Goronado? So I am in a toss up, What companion is strong and is good enough to help me through such a hard battle.
Ok, I just got to say, that you have a problem with completing this quest and the only way you think you can surmount the problem is by throwing real money at it?
What makes you think Goronado ( or any other crown shop companion ) will make this promotion quest any easier?
Forget about Nausica being "OP", she's not; she has weaknesses that are exploitable by melee opponents. ( And the majority of opponents in the quest are melee. )
What is your level? What are the levels of your other companions? Why don't you concentrate on making your current team stronger before promoting Mike?
Privateers ,by the time they reach Valencia2, have the most companions in the game ( & some of the best ); they also have the most buffs, shields and heals.
Instead of seeking a "damage dealer" ( and BTW, you already have a couple of those in Egg Shen & Ratbeard ) do some side quests and level up your other companions!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Dealing high damage? Go with a Swashbuckler, the highest level you can afford.

And I think you mean henchmen. Buying a new companion won't help, but an extra hand in a battle (henchmen) can make all the difference.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Okay, I have tried every tactic here, every companion I use is 65 or higher, why I want a new one is not only because Dead Mike is dragged into every fight and he's weak, so since he dies straight away I need to have 2 high damage dealers cause those cutthroats are not forgiving. But so when the next world comes out, I can have a strong team to help me make it out of every fight just fine. That and, I can't use Ratbeard well TBCH , but I don't HAVE to exactly. (As Max mentioned) As there's always henchmen, I just feel as long as I have crowns (I do not get crowns often) Maybe I could pick someone up, But I don't have to Need is different than Want.

-Zhane makes a snake noise-

I told you, I'll feed you AFTER lunch!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkmoordude on May 24, 2017 wrote:
Okay, I have tried every tactic here, every companion I use is 65 or higher, why I want a new one is not only because Dead Mike is dragged into every fight and he's weak, so since he dies straight away I need to have 2 high damage dealers cause those cutthroats are not forgiving. But so when the next world comes out, I can have a strong team to help me make it out of every fight just fine. That and, I can't use Ratbeard well TBCH , but I don't HAVE to exactly. (As Max mentioned) As there's always henchmen, I just feel as long as I have crowns (I do not get crowns often) Maybe I could pick someone up, But I don't have to Need is different than Want.

-Zhane makes a snake noise-

I told you, I'll feed you AFTER lunch!
Level 65 won't cut it - companions must be at least level 65 to stand a chance; level 68 is the best option if you don't want to wait until max level. Even at max level some of those battles are stinkin' hard!