Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ideas For How To Improve Pirate 101

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nitewalker7180 on Dec 11, 2016 wrote:
This is really not an improvement...maybe just a change? I did mention this before. I am standing in the little clothes shop in gullet. And it looks like I am on the beach. When technically I should be standing on wood? Ok so it is not that important. I noticed the floors in the shops at Port Regal. Shouldn't they be stone? Since the whole court yard is stone. To me that would be a good update after all
The standard shop used over and over - very economical, just plug it in! No need to spend the time ( = money ) to create a new shop.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
The standard shop used over and over - very economical, just plug it in! No need to spend the time ( = money ) to create a new shop.
I just thought it would be nice to have the matching floors at the shops...not make all new shops. The shops can stay the same if it takes to much time to change. Just matching the floors on where the shops are. Well I was just throwing it out there...maybe later...

Ensign
Oct 09, 2014
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 6, 2016 wrote:
I enjoy playing Pirate 101, but I have some ideas on how it could be an even better game.

1. A few weeks ago I was in the spar chamber and I feel like the fight came out unfairly. Let me explain what happened. I, a level 26 at the time, was on the red team along with a level 60 and a level 65. We were fighting against a level 70 on the blue team. Everyone on the blue team got eliminated except for 1 level 70, he did not have any companions or pets left in the game. There were 11 of us on the red team counting our companions and pets still left in the game. The level 70 was able to hold is own and I am guessing he eventually won. I fled before the fight was over. Anyway, if I am right this is completely ridiculous!!! In real life 11 average people should have no problem defeating a single pro wrestler. Please fix the fight outcomes so they match what would happen in real life.

2. I would love a chance to design a pet for Pirate 101 and I think other people would also. This is why I am recommending Pirate 101 offer a "Design A Pet Contest" next year. How it could work is Pirate 101 could have a 1 month submission period where players could submit pet ideas to the game. When submitting pet ideas, players would need to tell the name of their pet, talents/powers their pet idea has, provide a sketch of what their pet looks like, and have the option of doing the same for hybrids using their pet. After the 1 month submission period the staff at Pirate 101 could narrow the pet submission down to 10 and hold a 1 month voting period. After the voting period ends, Pirate 101 could add the top 4 pets to the crown shop.

3. Please update the game so everyone's levels display over their heads. In the Spar Chamber it is hard to get a fair fight because you pretty much have to guess what other peoples levels are. I know you can click a player to find out their level but that takes time and you only have 15 seconds before a fight begins.

4. Please add more words to the text chat feature. I tried to tell a friend about a radio station I like but couldn't because I couldn't type the word radio. I also can't type any number higher than one, so I can't ask people what their levels are. I also can't type the word shack.

5. Please add a Miracle Shack and a Spar Chamber to Jonah Town / Gullet. I think there are multiple empty buildings there.

6. Please add a pet PVP feature.

7. Please add a life fountain to Bestia. I am surprised it does not already have one. At the entrance to Bestia there is a fountain on either side, I feel like one of them could be changed to a life fountain fairly easily.

8. Please add a post office to Skull Island. It is really weird getting mail about the status of your pets from the Skull Island Post Office yet there is no Skull Island post office in the game. I think the space to the left of the Miracle Shack is empty and if so it would be a good place to put the Post Office. Their also could be a mail delivery side quest like in Cool Ranch.
XD, hey there, sry for the late comment just bought some crowns , but i remember that fight all too well. I wanted to give you a few pointers on what you did wrong and how you could improve. First off, a lot this game is strategy and experience, I've been playing for almost 3 years and am a very experienced player with good gear and plenty of time to practice these types of situations. Even as a lower level, you still can turn the tide for your team. I don't mean damage wise but as a musket, you have several powers which debuff dodge about 75%. Your problem in the end was you and your team failed to communicate and failed to protect the only people who could truly hit me; and trust me, when your facing someone with elusive 3 and tide 4, and the has vicious charge in hand, it can be pretty rough. Another problem, when I came onto your side of the board with a leviathan call on, you were fairly grouped up, and as a max buccaneer, frenzy is looking pretty good right now. Next problem, the witch doctor on your team spent too much time buffing and not enough time attacking. He had enough mojo power from scratch to do serious damage but he let me go hidden and prepare myself to do a frenzy. Even then you did not spread out. Next problem, the buccaneer on your team wasted his vicious charges and super strikes on my companions, allowing me to get away from the accuracy debuffs. But don't think your too low of a level to help, (though don't take me literally because someone under level 15 is probably NOT going to help) the fight was perfectly fair, it just came down to strategy and experience in the end. And a last pointer, before a match click on my name and inspect me, or during the fight, hover over my character and look at my stats, then form a strategy with your team.

2. designing pets and mounts would be cool.

3. NO! that would look ridiculous.

4. that would be nice but you can get around it.

5. no.

6. there is one.

7. no.

8. no.

Ruthless Daniel Gunwale
Level 70

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
So you are the level 70 I fought? Wow. Cool that you were a good enough sport to respond and give me tips, that was nice of you. So my team simply did the wrong moves? You mentioned my teammates but what about me, did I do anything wrong? BTW: I am a Level 49 now.

Ensign
Oct 09, 2014
RRRRZZZZ419 on Dec 21, 2016 wrote:
So you are the level 70 I fought? Wow. Cool that you were a good enough sport to respond and give me tips, that was nice of you. So my team simply did the wrong moves? You mentioned my teammates but what about me, did I do anything wrong? BTW: I am a Level 49 now.
You didn't do too bad especially for your level at the time, the only thing you could improve on is how you use your debuffs (example: buccaneers have vicious charge and brutal charge, musketeers have grape shot and several more, swashbucklers have assassin's gloom etc.). When you fight someone in pvp, and even sometimes in pve, dishing out damage is only half of it, playing smartly is the other half. For example, my weakness in pvp are musketeers (and sometimes swashbucklers but they're just more annoying to me) because of their high accuracy which balances out my insane dodge when I reach half health. In this case, I need a good strategy. So before a fight with a musket i rearrange my powers so that vicious charge, brutal charge, my frenzy, my hiddens, my heals, and my buffs are on top (in that order except i mix my buffs and heals some). Unlike against most classes I can't just buff up and charge into battle against a musket or I'll get pummeled with overwatch, burst fire, and double tap, and then my accuracy will be super low due to overwatch, not to mention my health. My first move is to go hidden. This will allow me to bypass their overwatch which can set off a chain of epics and reduce my accuracy. while hidden I'll use a shield or two, buff up some, and then use a vicious charge against them (probably on the character musket or chantal or bonnie). My next move is to use brutal charge on the next most threatening musket, and then bring my companions in to attack. Since muskets are a stay back and shoot kind of class, they are particularly easy to frenzy as they are grouped up and have low dodge. But before I frenzy, I use my 3 turn hidden and heal and maybe use another buff or shield depending on the amount of time left on my previous shields. The next turn is to frenzy and just cut them down with my companions. So the only thing you did wrong was you didn't use your powers as wisely as you could have. Happy Adventures!

Ruthless Daniel Gunwale
Level 70

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Thank you for the response, the only problem with your response is I am a privateer and not a musketeer. I do have plenty of heals though, in addition to the heals at the time we fought(and I still do but I have more now) had Ghostwail, Claw Trap, and a couple of fire drops.

Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
One of the main things they can do to fix this game would be to fix the crazy lagging Its so bad it can make the game seem like it stuttering and I know it's not me cause this is a brand new computer

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
1. I do believe that a strong warrior would be able to hold off others, especially if their strategy is correct. They've obviously become an expert at the game and, as a result, would be able to fight the game strategically well, to the point of holding off eleven opponents.
2. I love this idea! Let's get the artists working!

I think that many people have better advice than I do, but I think the important thing about PVP and fighting in general is to use enough powers to where you can do a lot of damage, but not so much that it draws the game out allowing the other side to do the same. Think of it this way. If you used a Juju on your team, that would mean one more turn that you didn't spend fighting. But at the same token, you'd rather do 200 damage than 100, so using the right buffs with the least amount of time is the best way to go

1AthenaGirl1

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
SoaringSky284 on Dec 29, 2016 wrote:
One of the main things they can do to fix this game would be to fix the crazy lagging Its so bad it can make the game seem like it stuttering and I know it's not me cause this is a brand new computer
in my experience only people with macintosh computer version have difficulties.. but can always change realms if too high of traffic?
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 6, 2016 wrote:
I enjoy playing Pirate 101, but I have some ideas on how it could be an even better game.

1. A few weeks ago I was in the spar chamber and I feel like the fight came out unfairly. Let me explain what happened. I, a level 26 at the time, was on the red team along with a level 60 and a level 65. We were fighting against a level 70 on the blue team. Everyone on the blue team got eliminated except for 1 level 70, he did not have any companions or pets left in the game. There were 11 of us on the red team counting our companions and pets still left in the game. The level 70 was able to hold is own and I am guessing he eventually won. I fled before the fight was over. Anyway, if I am right this is completely ridiculous!!! In real life 11 average people should have no problem defeating a single pro wrestler. Please fix the fight outcomes so they match what would happen in real life.

2. I would love a chance to design a pet for Pirate 101 and I think other people would also. This is why I am recommending Pirate 101 offer a "Design A Pet Contest" next year. How it could work is Pirate 101 could have a 1 month submission period where players could submit pet ideas to the game. When submitting pet ideas, players would need to tell the name of their pet, talents/powers their pet idea has, provide a sketch of what their pet looks like, and have the option of doing the same for hybrids using their pet. After the 1 month submission period the staff at Pirate 101 could narrow the pet submission down to 10 and hold a 1 month voting period. After the voting period ends, Pirate 101 could add the top 4 pets to the crown shop.

3. Please update the game so everyone's levels display over their heads. In the Spar Chamber it is hard to get a fair fight because you pretty much have to guess what other peoples levels are. I know you can click a player to find out their level but that takes time and you only have 15 seconds before a fight begins.

4. Please add more words to the text chat feature. I tried to tell a friend about a radio station I like but couldn't because I couldn't type the word radio. I also can't type any number higher than one, so I can't ask people what their levels are. I also can't type the word shack.

5. Please add a Miracle Shack and a Spar Chamber to Jonah Town / Gullet. I think there are multiple empty buildings there.

6. Please add a pet PVP feature.

7. Please add a life fountain to Bestia. I am surprised it does not already have one. At the entrance to Bestia there is a fountain on either side, I feel like one of them could be changed to a life fountain fairly easily.

8. Please add a post office to Skull Island. It is really weird getting mail about the status of your pets from the Skull Island Post Office yet there is no Skull Island post office in the game. I think the space to the left of the Miracle Shack is empty and if so it would be a good place to put the Post Office. Their also could be a mail delivery side quest like in Cool Ranch.
wow love that you're thinking creatively! <3

2)of course me being a pet person i love this idea :3

8)I like this for the idea of player to player mail. filter would apply, limited words per message and no more than 10 outgoing messages undelivered.. I like the placement of it, though it might end up being a long-term goal for devs since coding might be tough. But I like it because it makes sense and adds interest to this game :)

stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
If you'd rather get scrip from battle and you don't like PVP then try a few runs in the Smuggler's Arena. This is found in the Crown shop and is a very challenging battle gauntlet; ten high level battles with a series of nastys. The scrip rewards are very good, around 500 scrip ( if you complete the entire thing!) If you can't buy it, ask around, maybe you have some friends who have one.
I completely agree about the "wounded ship = wounded enemy", I would like to go back to the "old days" of ship battle where you boarded and faced a healthy crew or got boarded by a crew with full health
Uh, let's not forget the repetitive long battles in the "old days", which in my opinion, is not old enough to call it that, 'cause that lasted about over a year or so, that made these battles too boring. I even lost patience time to time in that. I prefer leaving the "wounded ship = wounded enemy" mechanic as it is.

So, reminder, to you, anecorbie, and others, we're here to suggest improvements, not undo streamlining.

To my suggestions, I'm thinking we should have a revamped advanced companion training and power system that grants our units a lot more epic powers to use, like a skill/tech/power tree of some sorts, but with all paths leading to not just new powers, but upgraded powers, too, as companions keep leveling up, with additional perks that give them little stat upgrades.

That's what I would see in P101.

Though, I would like to see more new bundles, like a new housing gauntlet bundle, like the ones we see in W101, and equivalents to W101's Dungeon Zones & it's Skeleton Key secret boss system.

Plus, the addition of music stingers, more storyboarded made cutscene cinematics in major quests, & more improved dynamic world changes in W101 are so amazing, I would like to see more of these in P101's story updates. If you've been to Mirage, you would've liked the additional music stingers KI put there. They are awesome!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
Uh, let's not forget the repetitive long battles in the "old days", which in my opinion, is not old enough to call it that, 'cause that lasted about over a year or so, that made these battles too boring. I even lost patience time to time in that. I prefer leaving the "wounded ship = wounded enemy" mechanic as it is.

So, reminder, to you, anecorbie, and others, we're here to suggest improvements, not undo streamlining.

To my suggestions, I'm thinking we should have a revamped advanced companion training and power system that grants our units a lot more epic powers to use, like a skill/tech/power tree of some sorts, but with all paths leading to not just new powers, but upgraded powers, too, as companions keep leveling up, with additional perks that give them little stat upgrades.

That's what I would see in P101.

Though, I would like to see more new bundles, like a new housing gauntlet bundle, like the ones we see in W101, and equivalents to W101's Dungeon Zones & it's Skeleton Key secret boss system.

Plus, the addition of music stingers, more storyboarded made cutscene cinematics in major quests, & more improved dynamic world changes in W101 are so amazing, I would like to see more of these in P101's story updates. If you've been to Mirage, you would've liked the additional music stingers KI put there. They are awesome!
You may call it "stream-lining" on the wounded ship - wounded enemy; but in my opinion, it's made ship battles dull as a blunt object. Where's the excitement in destroying an enemy at less than half health? So why not return it to the old days? That could be an improvement JUST as important as your "shopping list".

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Id love more home storage options as well, I know I've mentioned pet stables & bricabrac elixirs, gold vaults, salvage piles etc but definately storage at home is needed, no point in new packs if we immediately have to sell the goods, fine if we want to, but some of my dear twitter friends make blogs of how to's and pack contents etc and blogs draw interest and excitement. Plus housing is fantastic on this game yet storage is shameful :/ the more a pirate would be allowed to hoard the happier he/she might be? mannekins for elite outfits (guy fox anyone? rooke?) or a gold vault for storing serious gold for future morphathons, ship asthestics, tomes, extra houses? Quality of life improvements would do much to boost morale and staying power on this game.

would love the ability to lock items/pets/ships in our backpacks(to help prevent accidental selling of special items/pets) and save different outfits as a quick click(different bosses or pvp). These were needed on wizard and so basic of an improvement i feel it certainly benefit us pirates(I realize we've begged for this for years, however sometimes can be good to re-state stuff)

please if you change our friends list do it a bit differently than you did in wizard101 this in itself is a topic better suited for its own thread, however I thought I'd get minds thinking on it.

how about something new? badges for recruitment of players? if a person refers a new player account yes they get crowns? (i dont remember really sorry) but how about a badge? 1 new person, 5 new, 10 new, 25 new, 50 new, 100 new? people would be proud to show these off I think :D

stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
Id love more home storage options as well, I know I've mentioned pet stables & bricabrac elixirs, gold vaults, salvage piles etc but definately storage at home is needed, no point in new packs if we immediately have to sell the goods, fine if we want to, but some of my dear twitter friends make blogs of how to's and pack contents etc and blogs draw interest and excitement. Plus housing is fantastic on this game yet storage is shameful :/ the more a pirate would be allowed to hoard the happier he/she might be? mannekins for elite outfits (guy fox anyone? rooke?) or a gold vault for storing serious gold for future morphathons, ship asthestics, tomes, extra houses? Quality of life improvements would do much to boost morale and staying power on this game.

would love the ability to lock items/pets/ships in our backpacks(to help prevent accidental selling of special items/pets) and save different outfits as a quick click(different bosses or pvp). These were needed on wizard and so basic of an improvement i feel it certainly benefit us pirates(I realize we've begged for this for years, however sometimes can be good to re-state stuff)

please if you change our friends list do it a bit differently than you did in wizard101 this in itself is a topic better suited for its own thread, however I thought I'd get minds thinking on it.

how about something new? badges for recruitment of players? if a person refers a new player account yes they get crowns? (i dont remember really sorry) but how about a badge? 1 new person, 5 new, 10 new, 25 new, 50 new, 100 new? people would be proud to show these off I think :D

stormy jen silver
Excellent ideas, Jen, BTW, there is a Bric-a-Brac elixir in the crown shop.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Please make another option for Hidden to Friends where we can choose ON, OFF, or Starred friends only. I think this would be good if you just want to talk/quest with one or a few friends(and be able to port to them) without being disturbed.

Also, I think we should be able to send messages to people who are offline, and they should get them when they log in next.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 10, 2017 wrote:
Excellent ideas, Jen, BTW, there is a Bric-a-Brac elixir in the crown shop.
I'm sorry, I meant a pet bric-a-brac elixir, so those that have extra space in homes can up the amount of pets and mounts they choose to place

and ty for the compliment, I appreciate it madam :3 you've had plenty of lovely ideas yourself as I've read over the years :)

No matter what I think these message boards help KI team to understand the players more so if anyone has an idea please post! KI does listen and when they can they do fulfill our wishes <3

stormy jen silver

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 4, 2017 wrote:
You may call it "stream-lining" on the wounded ship - wounded enemy; but in my opinion, it's made ship battles dull as a blunt object. Where's the excitement in destroying an enemy at less than half health? So why not return it to the old days? That could be an improvement JUST as important as your "shopping list".
I believe that the mechanic makes things realistically accurate but it is extreme when your enemy is on half health, I believe this mechanic should only slightly wound enemies as they cant be as badly damaged as the ship itself

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
Well if I am fighting ships and I board them, I would like to see the crew at full health. I have posted many times about this. Sinking ships is good and all. Plus you get scrips. But boarding ships is just as hard to do. I don't know why a few scrips couldn't be dropped when you defeat a ship by boarding. I prefer to board some times...last time I checked that is what pirates do!! Yeah so it takes me longer to do quest when I board ships. But I am not in a hurry to finish the game!! Should be a choice...sink ships get scrips once in a while, gold and items. Not all at once of course. Or board a ship. Defeat the crew and have a chance to earn a few scrips every now and then. And gold to.