Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ideas For How To Improve Pirate 101

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I enjoy playing Pirate 101, but I have some ideas on how it could be an even better game.

1. A few weeks ago I was in the spar chamber and I feel like the fight came out unfairly. Let me explain what happened. I, a level 26 at the time, was on the red team along with a level 60 and a level 65. We were fighting against a level 70 on the blue team. Everyone on the blue team got eliminated except for 1 level 70, he did not have any companions or pets left in the game. There were 11 of us on the red team counting our companions and pets still left in the game. The level 70 was able to hold is own and I am guessing he eventually won. I fled before the fight was over. Anyway, if I am right this is completely ridiculous!!! In real life 11 average people should have no problem defeating a single pro wrestler. Please fix the fight outcomes so they match what would happen in real life.

2. I would love a chance to design a pet for Pirate 101 and I think other people would also. This is why I am recommending Pirate 101 offer a "Design A Pet Contest" next year. How it could work is Pirate 101 could have a 1 month submission period where players could submit pet ideas to the game. When submitting pet ideas, players would need to tell the name of their pet, talents/powers their pet idea has, provide a sketch of what their pet looks like, and have the option of doing the same for hybrids using their pet. After the 1 month submission period the staff at Pirate 101 could narrow the pet submission down to 10 and hold a 1 month voting period. After the voting period ends, Pirate 101 could add the top 4 pets to the crown shop.

3. Please update the game so everyone's levels display over their heads. In the Spar Chamber it is hard to get a fair fight because you pretty much have to guess what other peoples levels are. I know you can click a player to find out their level but that takes time and you only have 15 seconds before a fight begins.

4. Please add more words to the text chat feature. I tried to tell a friend about a radio station I like but couldn't because I couldn't type the word radio. I also can't type any number higher than one, so I can't ask people what their levels are. I also can't type the word shack.

5. Please add a Miracle Shack and a Spar Chamber to Jonah Town / Gullet. I think there are multiple empty buildings there.

6. Please add a pet PVP feature.

7. Please add a life fountain to Bestia. I am surprised it does not already have one. At the entrance to Bestia there is a fountain on either side, I feel like one of them could be changed to a life fountain fairly easily.

8. Please add a post office to Skull Island. It is really weird getting mail about the status of your pets from the Skull Island Post Office yet there is no Skull Island post office in the game. I think the space to the left of the Miracle Shack is empty and if so it would be a good place to put the Post Office. Their also could be a mail delivery side quest like in Cool Ranch.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Great ideas that could improve the game. Who knows maybe one day.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 6, 2016 wrote:
I enjoy playing Pirate 101, but I have some ideas on how it could be an even better game.

1. A few weeks ago I was in the spar chamber and I feel like the fight came out unfairly. Let me explain what happened. I, a level 26 at the time, was on the red team along with a level 60 and a level 65. We were fighting against a level 70 on the blue team. Everyone on the blue team got eliminated except for 1 level 70, he did not have any companions or pets left in the game. There were 11 of us on the red team counting our companions and pets still left in the game. The level 70 was able to hold is own and I am guessing he eventually won. I fled before the fight was over. Anyway, if I am right this is completely ridiculous!!! In real life 11 average people should have no problem defeating a single pro wrestler. Please fix the fight outcomes so they match what would happen in real life.

2. I would love a chance to design a pet for Pirate 101 and I think other people would also. This is why I am recommending Pirate 101 offer a "Design A Pet Contest" next year. How it could work is Pirate 101 could have a 1 month submission period where players could submit pet ideas to the game. When submitting pet ideas, players would need to tell the name of their pet, talents/powers their pet idea has, provide a sketch of what their pet looks like, and have the option of doing the same for hybrids using their pet. After the 1 month submission period the staff at Pirate 101 could narrow the pet submission down to 10 and hold a 1 month voting period. After the voting period ends, Pirate 101 could add the top 4 pets to the crown shop.

3. Please update the game so everyone's levels display over their heads. In the Spar Chamber it is hard to get a fair fight because you pretty much have to guess what other peoples levels are. I know you can click a player to find out their level but that takes time and you only have 15 seconds before a fight begins.

4. Please add more words to the text chat feature. I tried to tell a friend about a radio station I like but couldn't because I couldn't type the word radio. I also can't type any number higher than one, so I can't ask people what their levels are. I also can't type the word shack.

5. Please add a Miracle Shack and a Spar Chamber to Jonah Town / Gullet. I think there are multiple empty buildings there.

7. Please add a life fountain to Bestia. I am surprised it does not already have one. At the entrance to Bestia there is a fountain on either side, I feel like one of them could be changed to a life fountain fairly easily.

8. Please add a post office to Skull Island. It is really weird getting mail about the status of your pets from the Skull Island Post Office yet there is no Skull Island post office in the game. I think the space to the left of the Miracle Shack is empty and if so it would be a good place to put the Post Office. Their also could be a mail delivery side quest like in Cool Ranch.
1. Spar chamber fights are available to those who don't want to engage in ranked PVP. The level 70 out played and strategized your team, I'm sorry but with such advantages, you could have beaten him. KI has no business to just hand you a win "because that's what would have happened in Real Life".

2. Such a contest would be fun and KI has done contests where they have asked players to design an eye patch, a gingerbread ship and one contest I can't recall. It doesn't need to be as complicated as your suggestion, however.

3. Click on people in the Spar Chamber before you enter a match. Even W101 doesn't tell you what level a wizard is.

4. Use your imagination when spelling words around the filter ( but don't use it to curse! ) For example I have used "rad i o" for "radio".

5. So, you want us to go to Skull Island post office whenever our pet promotes to a training level? That would be annoying. I always assumed ( if I even gave it a thought ) that we received that message from a pigeon or by hand. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Forgot to say this but, there already is a pet PVP feature. See Decius Duelmaster in Bestia.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

5. We don't need an extra spar chamber or miracle shack. Jonah Town/Gullet aren't free-to-play areas.
7. Why have a life fountain in Bestia? There isn't a dungeon there and we're not fighting any mobs.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012

1. Click their character it shows their gear and level, and 90% of people who take spar seriously meet up on realms to avoid randoms joining ex. Commodore. 11 people = 3 pirates, one was level 26, 2 where almost max but likely had bad gear, the rest was a mixture of pets and companions (Shouldn't count honestly thats like saying equipping an armadillo makes a 2v1out of a 1v1) and btw the thing about level 65 and level 70, the difference isn't enough to be "Unfair" level 65's can beat level 70's its not much harder. My guess is this level 70 had good gear and made smart moves. There is no reason to try and nerf all levels because of this match.

2. I always liked the idea of people suggesting pets or mounts.

3. Clicking only takes about one second, but good idea.

4. Yes!

5. Jonah town isn't a "Main Port" or whatever, and why Jonah town specifically?

6. There is and almost no one likes it.

7. Why? You don't get in any fights in bestia except maybe pets.

8. The only mail you get is occasional letters that are parts of quests ( and would be weird to get a day later ) or pet training.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I guess I should clarify what I mean.

1. Perhaps we could have beaten the level 70, but he put up a shield 3 times.

3. Clicking on people takes time, it takes at least 5 seconds to do it. You only have 15 seconds before and fight begins, and if you have 4 people on the opposing team, you couldn't click on more than 2 of them. Most of the time one team ends up having way higher levels than the other. This could be easily fixed by having everyone's levels display over their head below their username.

5. Jonah Town / Gullet has a few enemy fights in it, so a Miracle Shack would be good if one of those fights took out one of your companions. As for a Spar Chamber, having one at Jonah Town / Gullet would give members and people who have paid for that area another place to fight. Sometimes there will be fights going on at the Spar Chamber in almost all the realms. Having a second location should split the crowds. Where else better for another Spar Chamber than Jonah Town / Gullet? It has vendors and a tavern already so having a Miracle Shack and a Spar Chamber would make it a more useful area, and hopefully cut the Skull Island crowds down a little bit.

6. By pet PVP I mean have ranked pet fights.

7. No, Bestia isn't a dungeon. That said, sometimes I have gone there without looking at my health meter and when I get there I realize it is not full. I don't want to go back to Avery's Court. Life Fountain's are in many places in the game, so why not Bestia?

8. No, I am not saying you have to visit the Skull Island Post Office every time you level up a pet. You would continue to get letters just as you do now. The Skull Island Post office would only be used for a side quest that rewards gold and XP. The mail in the game says it comes from the Skull Island Post Office, a post office is a building and not a bird.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Take the time to click on people before you enter a match, If you see that there are more high levels hanging around the Spar Chamber, go to a quieter realm - if that's not possible, then PVP with friends at your or their homes. I don't wish to be labeled, TYVM.

There are counters to shield spamming and that's available to most classes from a piece of gear that can be obtained by level 60 ( at most ). Still I say KI doesn't have any business giving wins to reflect "real life".

Free PVP should be available to all, not just members or players who have bought zones.

While the fights aren't Ranked, you can still match your pets against another player's pet.

It is very easy to return to Skull Island, heal, then return to Bestia. ( maybe even leave a mark to return faster? )

Ensign
Jun 02, 2013
First off, I completely, disagree with number 1. If there were extra factors and requirements, then high levels would always lose to low levels due to the low levels running away from the high levels and getting a "evasion bonus", among other stuff.

There already is Pet PVP, but it's practice only. It'd be really cool if there were a Ranked Pet PVP option, along with a vendor with a set of pets and/or that you can only get by increasing your Pet PVP rank.

The Jonah Town/Gullet Practice PVP Arena would be really cool. Sure, there are some quest buildings, but there are a few completely empty buildings there.

The Levels over other Pirate's heads would be really cool. Only put it as an option in settings though.

The Bestia Life Fountain is a good idea in my opinion. Having to go through multiple loading screens to get there is a bit frustrating. I know you could just place a mark there, but what if you rather have a mark somewhere else? Like in front of The Tower of Moo Manchu?

From,

Sly Colin Voss, Lv. 70

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I feel like I haven't explained Idea Number 1 could enough. I'll try to explain it better. Let's say the blue team has a Level 7, a Level 30, and a Level 45 on it. Let's say the Red Team has a Level 22 and a Level 65 on it.

To determine who has the advantage under the new system, you simply add the level numbers up.

7+30+45=82, 22+65=87. This means the Red Team is most likely to win, though the Blue Team still has a chance as 82 is only 5 numbers below 87. I guess what I am proposing is they update the system so there are team levels that help determine the outcome, as opposed to only be determined by battle plan, powers, and randomness.

Thanks for the feedback you have given me so far. I hope the pirate 101 developers will read these ideas and consider them for the future.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
1. I play games to practice escapism. It's my break from "real life" so please don't collide my worlds.
2. I like the design a pet idea. I would also enjoy a design a companion contest or even some fashion designing. The gals on the boards have some nice ideas for their characters.
3. I think the names and equipped badge are enough to have over my head.
4. The filter is there to keep everything family friendly in conversation. We nefariously get around it on occasion but its there for safety purposes.
5. Maybe there should be more features in root towns (meaning towns the transportaler connects to)
6. I don't like pvp but for people who do there can be more options. It could be extras for pet training.
7. Why in Bestia?
8. I would like a mail feature where you can mail your friends on your buddy list. It would be a text only mailing system so you wouldn't have to give out real e-mails. This would probably be too complicated though wouldn't it?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm not going to continue addressing your PVP "idea", it's clear to me that you don't understand the basic concept of a PVP match.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
You are going to say, that a PVP match is all about using your powers, talents, and having a good battle plan, right? We had a great battle plan when fighting the Level 70 I talked about, yet he held his on by putting up three shields.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 11, 2016 wrote:
You are going to say, that a PVP match is all about using your powers, talents, and having a good battle plan, right? We had a great battle plan when fighting the Level 70 I talked about, yet he held his on by putting up three shields.
And he used his powers, talents and had a good battle plan ( obviously ).

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
We need to be able to buy clockwork ships. Maybe buy them in calabria or win them from the dreadnaught?

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I realized they wouldn't have to get rid of the 2 current fountains in order to add a life fountain to Bestia. All they would have to do is to get rid of 1 of the 4 animal sculptures at the entrance, then put a life fountain where it used to be.

BTW: Speaking of Bestia, I discovered something really cool relating to it. It turns out you don't have to do the pet quest in order to unlock it. A Level 4 pirate that hadn't done that quest and hadn't been to Bestia, who is 1 of my friends in the game, was able to Teleport to me in Bestia, despite not having unlocked it! Please don't fix this, not many people will find out about it anyway, and if its a glitch, its a helpful glitch if you know about it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 13, 2016 wrote:
I realized they wouldn't have to get rid of the 2 current fountains in order to add a life fountain to Bestia. All they would have to do is to get rid of 1 of the 4 animal sculptures at the entrance, then put a life fountain where it used to be.

BTW: Speaking of Bestia, I discovered something really cool relating to it. It turns out you don't have to do the pet quest in order to unlock it. A Level 4 pirate that hadn't done that quest and hadn't been to Bestia, who is 1 of my friends in the game, was able to Teleport to me in Bestia, despite not having unlocked it! Please don't fix this, not many people will find out about it anyway, and if its a glitch, its a helpful glitch if you know about it.
About Bestia - it's not a glitch; he was only able to go there because you were there, and it's a free to play zone. He won't be able to get the free ostrich pet or talk with the trainers unless he does the pet quest.
We don't need a life fountain in Bestia for the simple fact that we have NO fights in Bestia.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
How about maybe getting a few scrips from defeating ships when you get boarded. I don't mean every time either. I like boarding ships once in a while with friends. Be nice to get scrips once and a while that way also.
Stitching ship equipment. Every one of my pirates has a certain ship that matches who they are. My witch doctor ship uses the steering wheel from crown shop. The fancy gold wheel doesn't match my ship at all..stitch it!!. my privateer ship is from Marlybone. I have canons that don't match...stitch it!! So on and so forth..just throwing some ideas out their as well...

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
More staffy smashy weapons for my witch doctor. I see a lot of cool weapons for everything else. Finding cool weapons on card packs and at bazaar for other pirates.

Stitching ship equipment. I don't like the figure head on my ship right now. Does good damage. I saved another figure head just in case KI develops ship stitching lol. It is a good idea. I don't like having other ships. I like just the one for my pirate!! Should be an option. Every level you purchase a better ship...or...stitch the one you want. Another example. I have some good cannons on my ship. They don't match my ship. But I saved cannons that would be great!! Hey no bad remarks!! You pirates like the outfits and weapons you can stitch. So ship stitching is a good idea.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
nitewalker7180 on Dec 5, 2016 wrote:
More staffy smashy weapons for my witch doctor. I see a lot of cool weapons for everything else. Finding cool weapons on card packs and at bazaar for other pirates.

Stitching ship equipment. I don't like the figure head on my ship right now. Does good damage. I saved another figure head just in case KI develops ship stitching lol. It is a good idea. I don't like having other ships. I like just the one for my pirate!! Should be an option. Every level you purchase a better ship...or...stitch the one you want. Another example. I have some good cannons on my ship. They don't match my ship. But I saved cannons that would be great!! Hey no bad remarks!! You pirates like the outfits and weapons you can stitch. So ship stitching is a good idea.
Is their any other pirates out there other than myself that thinks having an option of stitching ships and ship equipment a good idea...I like to have my one ship look good with my pirate. I would rather bring my ship through the different worlds instead of getting a different ship with different equipment. I know most of you pirates like your weapons and outfits...

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
I personally don't like doing pvp...don't like the tudes of some pirates that call you nooby and basically you suck at pvp. I been playing this game as much as I can since it came out. Sooo....I bust my butt and sink ships and get scrips. I ask pirates if they need help or can they help me. I still would like to see getting a few scrips from defeating ships when boarded. Not all the time...random. You certainly don't get scrips from sinking ships all the time. Been a few times where I am battling a ship. Another one approaches. I don't want to run...heck no!! am a pirate!! Fight till the end harrr! So I end up defeating the ship I am fighting. I collect the gold and experience. But no scrips. So the other ship has already been attacking me. So I start fighting him instead of running. But I get boarded, which is ok because I like boarding at times. I get bored at sinking ship after ship...after ship.........after....you get my meaning So I defeat the other ship. Now it would be nice after all that to get three scrips along with gold and experience. I am not asking all the time...just something to look forward to when you fight two or three ships without running away. I cant stand the fact that the crew loses health with the ship. Give me full health on the crew. Don't make the game easier...make it more exciting. Not easy being a pirate..I know there are younger players..but they will catch on. Heck most kids play games better than adults!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
nitewalker7180 on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
I personally don't like doing pvp...don't like the tudes of some pirates that call you nooby and basically you suck at pvp. I been playing this game as much as I can since it came out. Sooo....I bust my butt and sink ships and get scrips. I ask pirates if they need help or can they help me. I still would like to see getting a few scrips from defeating ships when boarded. Not all the time...random. You certainly don't get scrips from sinking ships all the time. Been a few times where I am battling a ship. Another one approaches. I don't want to run...heck no!! am a pirate!! Fight till the end harrr! So I end up defeating the ship I am fighting. I collect the gold and experience. But no scrips. So the other ship has already been attacking me. So I start fighting him instead of running. But I get boarded, which is ok because I like boarding at times. I get bored at sinking ship after ship...after ship.........after....you get my meaning So I defeat the other ship. Now it would be nice after all that to get three scrips along with gold and experience. I am not asking all the time...just something to look forward to when you fight two or three ships without running away. I cant stand the fact that the crew loses health with the ship. Give me full health on the crew. Don't make the game easier...make it more exciting. Not easy being a pirate..I know there are younger players..but they will catch on. Heck most kids play games better than adults!!
If you'd rather get scrip from battle and you don't like PVP then try a few runs in the Smuggler's Arena. This is found in the Crown shop and is a very challenging battle gauntlet; ten high level battles with a series of nastys. The scrip rewards are very good, around 500 scrip ( if you complete the entire thing!) If you can't buy it, ask around, maybe you have some friends who have one.
I completely agree about the "wounded ship = wounded enemy", I would like to go back to the "old days" of ship battle where you boarded and faced a healthy crew or got boarded by a crew with full health

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009

I don't spare much...but when I do you try your best to work with your team..besides the more you spare you learn what companions work better. I do pvp sometimes. I actually don't like to do it. But I do it for the scrips. I have lost more fights than won. But I don't consider it unfair or anything. How you play. How you train your companions. Either one on one or a free for all...stop sparring and do pvp. At least you will earn scrips.

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
anecorbie on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
If you'd rather get scrip from battle and you don't like PVP then try a few runs in the Smuggler's Arena. This is found in the Crown shop and is a very challenging battle gauntlet; ten high level battles with a series of nastys. The scrip rewards are very good, around 500 scrip ( if you complete the entire thing!) If you can't buy it, ask around, maybe you have some friends who have one.
I completely agree about the "wounded ship = wounded enemy", I would like to go back to the "old days" of ship battle where you boarded and faced a healthy crew or got boarded by a crew with full health
Hey thanks...I never thought about the smugglers arena. I don't think any of my friends have it but maybe I can friend someone who has it I cant stand when people want pvp to be easier...why always make it easier. I have done pvp for scrips...won a few...lost more LOL. Never thought it was unfair. That is how you figure it out. one on one with my witch doctor I found little difficult. But on teams..works better. I love my witch doctor. He is the only pirate I use the most. Never was into front line hand to hand stuff LOL

Lieutenant
Mar 07, 2009
This is really not an improvement...maybe just a change? I did mention this before. I am standing in the little clothes shop in gullet. And it looks like I am on the beach. When technically I should be standing on wood? Ok so it is not that important. I noticed the floors in the shops at Port Regal. Shouldn't they be stone? Since the whole court yard is stone. To me that would be a good update after all