Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

DOS on Dreadnaught bug?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 26, 2013
A bunch of us trying to do the dreadnaught encountered a problem where we would get aboard the ashes and there was no sigil. I guess i spent a few hours and this kept happening. I noticed the same ship at the dock each time this happened so I went into the cabin and exited to find myself at a players house where he was spinning and afk, or "parking" as one player put it. Well after the second time i asked a friend to port to me and we both were looking at him and he returned. We asked him if he would exit the dock so we could see if that cleared up the problem. After this we fought the dreadnaught and boarded and there was the sigil so we had a nice battle. I think this started happening after the timer was put on the sigil to prevent people from "holding" the dreadnaught for friends, but an unexpected consequence of this was to allow someone to basically hold it hostage (hence denial of service reference). Of course we didn't think it was intentional but i thought you guys might want to know about it.

Thx, Bumbling Flint Kipton