Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Changing appearance options?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 23, 2009
Hi! My name is Paige and I'd be the happiest person in the world if Pirate101 maybe took in the consideration of maybe changing the appearance of your pirate? Not name nor gender, since I understand how that could get complicated! Just hair styles, how your face looks, eye color, skin color and hair color. I have a lvl 65 witchdoctor and I just hate how she looks now! I thought it was such a good idea to make her look strange and voodoo-ey but now I just realized she looks like a boy AND a wreck! I know I could just make another witchdoctor character, but on my lvl 65 witch I have the aquilian bundle, witch house, lots of scrip and non transferable items, ect. And I don't want to just start a whole game over appearance! It could be called the salon or something of the like, like Mitch's miracle shack (but for changing your pirate)! Maybe add new hair styles, eye colors, and maybe even facial features to spice it up a bit! It'd be something like changing your flag, and it still sticks with the atmosphere of the game. Since I think it's kind of a big change (KI might too) it could be worth crowns, same cost as stitching items (100) depending how much you get. Smaller things like hair, skin, and eye color should cost 50 or maybe even real coins (same prices as Mitch offers, but maybe slightly lowered. Whatever KI thinks is acceptable). Facial features and hair style seperate I think should be 100 crowns, if both maybe 200-500, or a large amount of coins. Changing all skin color, hair color, eye color, hair style, and facial features should cost up to 1000 crowns or a very very large amount of coins. Honestly, I would pay so much crowns to change my character! I'm someone who loves decorating my pirate's house and dying my clothes and flag every week, so an appearance option would be so so amazing! I realize this isn't something KI can whip up right away, and I'm sure this would take time. This isn't much as a small suggestion, but it'd be so amazing if it could actually be put into the game! Thank you!!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
kevedd on Sep 11, 2016 wrote:
Hi! My name is Paige and I'd be the happiest person in the world if Pirate101 maybe took in the consideration of maybe changing the appearance of your pirate? Not name nor gender, since I understand how that could get complicated! Just hair styles, how your face looks, eye color, skin color and hair color. I have a lvl 65 witchdoctor and I just hate how she looks now! I thought it was such a good idea to make her look strange and voodoo-ey but now I just realized she looks like a boy AND a wreck! I know I could just make another witchdoctor character, but on my lvl 65 witch I have the aquilian bundle, witch house, lots of scrip and non transferable items, ect. And I don't want to just start a whole game over appearance! It could be called the salon or something of the like, like Mitch's miracle shack (but for changing your pirate)! Maybe add new hair styles, eye colors, and maybe even facial features to spice it up a bit! It'd be something like changing your flag, and it still sticks with the atmosphere of the game. Since I think it's kind of a big change (KI might too) it could be worth crowns, same cost as stitching items (100) depending how much you get. Smaller things like hair, skin, and eye color should cost 50 or maybe even real coins (same prices as Mitch offers, but maybe slightly lowered. Whatever KI thinks is acceptable). Facial features and hair style seperate I think should be 100 crowns, if both maybe 200-500, or a large amount of coins. Changing all skin color, hair color, eye color, hair style, and facial features should cost up to 1000 crowns or a very very large amount of coins. Honestly, I would pay so much crowns to change my character! I'm someone who loves decorating my pirate's house and dying my clothes and flag every week, so an appearance option would be so so amazing! I realize this isn't something KI can whip up right away, and I'm sure this would take time. This isn't much as a small suggestion, but it'd be so amazing if it could actually be put into the game! Thank you!!!!
I don't know what coding ( technology stuff ) KI uses when we create a character. I know that when I played Pixie Hollow ( Disney ) it was a regular feature to change hairstyles/colors at a salon; and in the last year of that game facial expression/eye shape/ eye & skin color became part of the salon ( members only feature ). But this game used only 2d graphics, not 3d.
Free Realms ( another game I played ) also had wigs & eye colors, make up/face paints available ) and this game was 3d; however you couldn't change your face.
So I'm not sure how difficult the changes you're suggesting would be for KI to implement.
I do know that wigs are available in W101 with a wonderful choice of styles and colors ( while we have some wigs, we don't get a great choice ).
It would be nice for those who regret their choices and have non-transferable stuff on that character to have an option of a single change for Crowns.